Search Unity

Resolved Upgrade to from 2021.3.0 to 2021.3.10, PSD importer is gone and all PSBs messed up.

Discussion in '2D' started by Gordon_G, Sep 22, 2022.

1. Gordon_G

Gordon_G

Hey, I am trying to upgrade a project from 2021.3.0f1 to 2021.3.10f1 and all of our PSB prefab files lose everything, the PSD Importer does not show any options - it's like the importer is gone, and all of our Prefab Variants based on those imported PSBs lose the links to all the sprites. Clicking on a PSB file in the project tab shows this icon.
    upload_2022-9-22_15-33-40.png
    What happened to the PSB Importer? What do I have to do recover from this?

Captainrad likes this.
  2. Unrighteouss

Unrighteouss

Captainrad likes this.
  3. MelvMay

MelvMay

Unity Technologies

Ted_Wikman and Captainrad like this.
  4. Unrighteouss

Unrighteouss

Didn't realize 6.0.6 was released, still says it's in review on the issue page. Just installed it, and that fixes everything for me. It's not included in any released Unity versions, so you need to update manually.

Ted_Wikman and Captainrad like this.
  5. Gordon_G

Gordon_G

Thanks for everyone who replied here. It's fixed!

Actually, the problem was the conversion was throwing up due to a dll conflict with Newton-soft.Json.dll and evidently prevented the conversion to 2021.3.10f1 from completing. Digging through the forums, the fix for that was to remove the Version Control package using the package manager.

Then, installing the new PSD importer package (6.0.6) fixed the remaining problem that it didn't find the Max Size settings. (a null reference error on that).

So all is good!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2022