Search Unity

Upgrade path from 0.6 preview?

Discussion in 'Game Foundation' started by metiscoda, Jun 19, 2021.

1. metiscoda

metiscoda

I see all the new stuff y'all have done on GF since the version I last used (0.6). I was able to make most of my code start working with the new APIs in 0.9, but I found that my database seems like it did not come across - they show a bunch of missing scripts on the assets (I'm guessing ScriptableObject scripts?). Was there a good way to preserve the database of currencies and inventory items when you upgrade? Or better is there an upgrade guide?

Thanks.

2. erika_d

erika_d

Hi @metiscoda,

Thanks for your patience on reply, we had to go back in our memory banks a bit to trace from the 0.6 release :) Sorry that your database was lost unexpectedly as you upgraded. This stemmed from a change we made to the database structure in 0.7 that wasn't backwards compatible, and unfortunately we didn't have an upgrade path in this case that would have preserved the catalog. Even though we are in preview and our upgrades can sometimes cause breaking changes, we do try to minimize them as much as we can. In the future (at least by the time we're out of preview) we intend to create an upgrader that will handle breaking database changes like these to avoid losses of data or manual recreation of data like this. Thanks for your understanding and sticking with us as we get Game Foundation to a great and solid place for full release!