Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Save $600 offer !✅]Infinigrass-GPU Optimized Interactive Grass-Trees-Meshes,work on mobile,HDRP-URP

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nasos_333, Sep 1, 2015.

1. newguy123

newguy123

Infinigrass looks awesome. Is the HDRP version compatible with Raytracing? (even if it means no wind animation is possible)

2. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi, i have not done any raytracing specific code, so cant tell about this, but if raytracing is compatible with a random graph created shader then should work with it is my guess, as the new shader is using shader graph.

3. newguy123

newguy123

Can anybody test this for me please if it works with Raytracing (in 2021.2 and possibly also with 2022 beta) before I buy the asset...

4. evilseed

evilseed

Looking for the InfiniGRASS URP version. Sent PM on Discord.

5. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi, i sent the URP Beta link in Discord, let me know for anything else.

6. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS STUDIO work in progress on the new Geometry Shader based grass module.

The top image shows the performance of the new module in a 5 years old laptop
    (DELL XPS 1050GTX) with full detail and no LODs (LODs are work in progress)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
  7. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS STUDIO work in progress on the new Geometry Shader based grass module.

The video shows the the new module running in a 5 years old laptop (DELL XPS 1050GTX) with full detail and no LODs (LODs are work in progress).

Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
  8. nasos_333

nasos_333

New shader options for next update, blend with ground texture and full transparency shaders, those will be released as experimental stage and be updated in next versions as well.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2022
  9. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

InfiniGRASS URP Beta v1.9.9.3 is now available for download on PM request with the purchase invoice.

v1.9.9.3
    - Addressed an issue where the wind parameters would not be passed properly to some grass brushes due to the materials not be referenced in the grass manager by default. This is now fixed and all sample brushes materials are referenced when creating a new Grass Manager.
    - Added URP version for the mobile oriented shader, for maximizing performance on mobile platforms.

February 2022 ARTnGAME Offers !!!

InfiniCLOUD is on -50% discount at Unity Lightning Sale !!!

Sky Master ULTIMATE can upgrade to InfiniGRASS ($17), to ORION ($17), to Ethereal ($5), to InfiniRIVER ($17), to InfiniTREE ($17), to Sun Shafts SRP ($5), to Advanced FX Creator ($17) , to Particle Dynamic Magic ($17), to Toon Effects Maker ($17) and to Volumetric Fog SRP Beta ($5)

From ORION can also upgrade to Sky Master ULTIMATE for only $19 (vs $69 normal price) and combine the planets with the Fully Volumetric planetary clouds of Sky Master ULTIMATE (Video 1 - Video 2).

ARTnGame - Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - Discord - Youtube - Reddit

Last edited: Mar 21, 2022
  10. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE full volumetric clouds with fly through, combined with Ethereal volumetric lighting system.

InfiniCLOUD shader based volumetric clouds, ideal for spectacular mobile clouds, best for view from ground or from above the cloud bed.

InfiniRIVER and InfiniCLOUD are now on -50% discount at Unity Lightning Sale !!!

Also additional ARTnGame Lightning Sale - Last Day !!!

For a limited time can Save $280+ on ARTnGame assets, buy InfiniRIVER or InfiniCLOUD and get all of Sky Master ULTIMATE, InfiniTREE, InfiniGRASS, Particle Dynamic Magic and ORION for only $15 each, as a direct upgrade to InfiniRIVER or InfiniCLOUD in the store. Note to buy the on offer assets in a separate order after InfiniRIVER to activate the upgrade prices.

Enjoy :)

11. sirMagicyan

sirMagicyan

Hi,

I would like to have the URP version of the grass system, what i need to send ?

Thanks

12. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi, please send me the invoice or order number in a PM and will send the links asap.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
    sirMagicyan likes this.
  13. sirMagicyan

sirMagicyan

Thanks, have sent along with the sky master invoice.

14. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

InfiniGRASS STUDIO next milestone has been finalized, addressed a few issues with the interact - grass shaping control texture and a next Beta version will soon be available.

15. nasos_333

nasos_333

March 2022 ARTnGAME Offers !!!

InfiniTREE is now on -70% Personal Sale discount for a limited time until 9th March !!!

During the Personal Sale InfiniTREE also upgrades at big discount to InfiniGRASS for $22.5 and InfiniGRASS upgrades to Sky Master ULTIMATE for $22.5.

Global Illumination proxy is in Unity Mega Bundle. During the bundle period can also upgrade from GI Proxy to InfiniGRASS and Sky Master UTLIMATE for $17 and Sky Master UTLIMATE also upgrades to all other major ARTnGAME assets for $17.
    Sky Master ULTIMATE can then upgrade to ORION, InfiniRIVER, Advanced FX Creator, Particle Dynamic Magic, Toon Effects Maker for $22.5 and to Volumetric Fog SRP, Sun Shafts SRP, InfiniCLOUD, Ethereal for $5.

ORION can be used with Sky Master ULTIMATE and combine the ORION planets with the Fully Volumetric planetary clouds of Sky Master ULTIMATE (Video 1 - Video 2).

16. superMario99

superMario99

hi, is this new mode released yet ? thanks

17. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi, this is still worked on and will release in the next update, also is the base for more things to come based on this module, so will be a few updates down the line that will be fully realized.

March 2022 ARTnGAME Offers !!!

ORION and InfiniRIVER are now on -50% sale in Unity Refresh Sale !

InfiniTREE is now on -70% Personal Sale discount for a limited time until 9th March !!!

During the Personal Sale InfiniTREE also upgrades at big discount to InfiniGRASS for $22.5 and InfiniGRASS upgrades to Sky Master ULTIMATE for $22.5.

Global Illumination proxy is in Unity Mega Bundle. During the bundle period can also upgrade from GI Proxy to InfiniGRASS and Sky Master UTLIMATE for $17 and Sky Master UTLIMATE also upgrades to all other major ARTnGAME assets for $17.

ORION can be used with Sky Master ULTIMATE and combine the ORION planets with the Fully Volumetric planetary clouds of Sky Master ULTIMATE (Video 1 - Video 2).

18. lod3

lod3

Hi @nasos_333

World Scale option seems broken in 2020.3.30f1 LTS. Cannot enter any values. Everything is really big :)

19. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

Try to resize the inspector window, make bigger or smaller until the value box appears, i think this is the issue.

Note that this value only scales the default size values when press the icons and not the actual grass (so could just enter very small size directly in size slider)

20. lod3

lod3

Hi @nasos_333

Thank you for the reply. It turned out my Inspector window was far too wide, so reducing its horizontal width flipped the dialog box so the value could be seen. However, as you pointed out, this has no effect on vegetation scale.

Is there a reason grass is so massively scaled up by default, compared to real life scale? Object scale was able to get grass to a more realistic size, but very noticeable warping occurs when doing so, illustrated by the attached image. The grass will skew to one side, and often appear nearly flush with the ground rather than having a 3D silhouette above the ground. I read the manual but feel like my issue could be something simple that I missed. Also note that I am painting on meshes, in case that is a factor.

Please advise! Thank you :)

Attached Files:

21. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

Will check this out, note there is small grass scsle demo to check and here is a video on smaller scsle placement.

Also can alternarively scale the prefabs directly, e.g. to lower grass scale and move brush little lower on ground, also can apply a uniform height factor in the grass grower and have same height per brush stroke.

Let me know if these help and for any more help, will also check bit more on this and get back with more videos

Last edited: Mar 11, 2022
  22. lod3

lod3

I will give this a try later and let you know! Thank you :)

23. nasos_333

nasos_333

Np, you can find the related prefabs by click on the grass grower bark and branch slots, then can drag to scene and edit like any unity object. Note that should edit the items inside the parent object of the prefab.

24. lod3

lod3

Regarding prefabs, does this include billboard grass? If so, that's probably the easiest and cleanest way to scale to my needs. Also! I forgot to ask before, but does the GPU batching feature also work on foliage painted on meshes, or only terrains? Thanks again!

25. nasos_333

nasos_333

The system does not support billboards, the coming STUDIO version will have a new batched billboard system though.

The batching works on all grass, no matter where is painted. Note that grass will be batched per object, so can also follow object transform if needed.

26. lod3

lod3

Hi @nasos_333

Is hand-placement an option? If not currently, could this be added? Re-sized all the foliage prefabs to realistic scale, and finding hand-placement to be absolutely ideal. The painting feature can be very rigid when working with very small spaces to paint on.

27. nasos_333

nasos_333

hm, i have not tried hand placement, but i think should be possible as the system is based on InfiniTREE system that does not have a manager and all grass - trees are hand placed and then deployed by the grower script on the near ground. I will do some tests on that, since InfiniGRASS does do some registration of the object the grass had been planted on etc so might have some restrictions if grass is moved manually.

28. lod3

lod3

This is very optimistic to hear! Please keep me posted!

29. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi, i tested and cant make it work directly as seems to have registered all grass positions to plant in.

One thing that can be done is add a script to a grower prefab that grow it and will self register it in the manager, same process as done in all my real time planting scripts that instantiate a grower and register it to the manager, though this would mean that cant have preview of the grass.

30. lod3

lod3

Hi @nasos_333

Thanks for checking! Regarding adding a script to a grower prefab, how does this work exactly? Would every placed grass prefab need this script? If so, there any risk of having too many instantiate simultaneously at runtime? And why would there be no preview?

31. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

This is due to how the system applies the grass and optimizes it, the grass is instantiated by the grow script, multiple blades for each stroke find a placement in every stroke and follow ground normal etc

So if were to move the grass directly would need to recalculate this, plus rebatch the near models, which is generally not real time.

So that is why the system uses a stroke based mode, so can do those middle steps.

The coming STUDIO version uses a pool of pre-batched once models, so would make a better case for real time move of brushes for example.

32. lod3

lod3

Gotcha! Understood on why grass cannot be previewed when placed individually. However, could the grass be placed by hand, then replaced with the grower gameobjects using the same transforms as the placed grass? That way you have a copy of the grass you can see, but also the growers needed to instantiate them at runtime.

Lastly, do you have any kind of timeline for the upcoming STUDIO version? I'll likely not have the time to wait unless it's soon, but was curious.

Please let me know if my suggested workflow above would work.

33. nasos_333

nasos_333

The problem would be that each grass brush stroke is unique, so one applied to one ground place would differ from another ground place.

So would still need readapt per grass place, or manually set each grass blade, which would be impossible.

Plus if not batch the grass could get very slow.

34. lod3

lod3

I see. That's a shame. Any ETA on STUDIO?

35. nasos_333

nasos_333

I can send the pre-Beta version already if you want, there is tutorial also on it.

The closest to what you need achieve is the new ground adapt method shown in the above videos, which you could use, this works by batching models - grass with the current infiniGRASS system and then use a shader to adapt them to any ground formation, so can potentially freely copy and adapt the grass as needed and be already batched.

This needs some manual work to create the batched models and export them to your assets, so can avoid using the grass managers.

36. lod3

lod3

Yes, please send it! I'd love to give it a try and see, and provide any feedback I think of. Thank you! Not giving up hope :)

37. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS v1.9.9.7e has been released at the Unity Asset Store !!

v1.9.9.7e
    - Added new blend method using a top down rendering camera to grab terrain color and texture. The module is in experimental stage and will be updated in next versions as well.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2022
  38. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS STUDIO (v2.0)

InfiniGRASS

Last edited: Mar 29, 2022
  39. _Bucket_

_Bucket_

Looking forward to infinigrass studio!!!

40. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi, i sent the pre-Beta link in PM, let me know for anything else.

41. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
  42. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS - Upcoming major new feature, permanent grass shaping, in both editor and play times. The shaping supports any number of simultaneous brushes or interactors that will push the grass towards their motion vector. Also the system will allow to use a single material with a sprite sheet and paint the various sheet grass types directly and also shape the grass up or down to open paths or interactor trails.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2022
  43. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS - Upcoming major new feature, permanent grass shaping, in both editor and play times. The shaping supports any number of simultaneous brushes or interactors that will push the grass towards their motion vector. Also the system will allow to use a single material with a sprite sheet and paint the various sheet grass types directly and also shape the grass up or down to open paths or interactor trails.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2022
  44. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS New major feature, permanent grass shaping, in both editor and play times. Video showcases painting of grass types with a single material.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2022
  45. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS New major feature, permanent grass shaping, in both editor and play times. Videos showcase painting of multiple grass types with a single material in URP version and Interactors shaping the grass.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2022
  46. nasos_333

nasos_333

April 2022 ARTnGAME Offers !!!

InfiniGRASS, Sky Master UTLIMATE and InfiniRIVER are now on -50% Discount in Unity Spring Sale !!!

During the sale also can upgrade to ORION from InfiniGRASS or Sky Master UTLIMATE for only $19 (save $100 !!!!)

Ivy Studio is on -50% initial released Discount !!! The discount will end in two weeks and also is upgradable from Sky Master ULTIMATE, InfiniGRASS and InfiniTREE with discounted price ($15).

Now can also upgrade from GI Proxy to InfiniGRASS and Sky Master UTLIMATE for $19 and Sky Master UTLIMATE also upgrades to all other major ARTnGAME assets from $12.

47. fendercodes

fendercodes

@nasos_333 InfiniGrass Studio is a new asset you're working on? The geometry shader looks nice but will it work with Mac/Metal?

48. nasos_333

nasos_333

Compute shader based grass

Hi,

yes, this is a new system that uses InfiniGRASS v1.x batching at its base and expands with a compete new system that allows for five new optimization methods. Also while i work on this geometry shader, which will probably wont work on Mac, i plan this system as a framework, so i am also actively working on a compute shaders version of grass (like Vegetation Studio uses) in parallel that will appear in the system.

In all cases those two will be extras to the main system that uses the batching optimization, since this is the most compatible mode, both compute and geometry shaders will be companion modules, if the hardware allows.

A sample of the base work on the compute shader grass can be previewed in the coming GIBLI asset, where i will be using a single toon grass type for that system.

49. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: Apr 21, 2022
  50. nasos_333

nasos_333

April 2022 ARTnGAME Offers !!!
    Ethereal is on -70% Discount at Unity Flash Sale !!! Also upgrades to all other major ARTnGAME assets from $12 to $15.

InfiniGRASS, Sky Master UTLIMATE and InfiniRIVER are now on -50% Discount in Unity Spring Sale !!!

During the sale also can upgrade to ORION from InfiniGRASS or Sky Master UTLIMATE for only $19 (save $100 !!!!) and
    Sky Master UTLIMATE also upgrades to all other major ARTnGAME assets from $12.