Search Unity

[Save $600 !! ✅]Global Illumination Proxy-Fast fully real time GI,Zero baking,Mobile optimized,IBL

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nasos_333, Aug 9, 2014.

1. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi

I have not finished the upgrade yet, though the upgrade is more of a manager to use multiple gi systems to emulate harmonics more easilly. Note this is already possible with current system as multiple can be used on each light.

2. nasos_333

nasos_333

Use with Sky MAster ULTIMATE volumetric lighting

GI Proxy is on Cyber Week -50% SALE !!!!

Other ARTnGAME OFFERS DURING CYBER WEEK SALE !!!

Sky Master ULTIMATE is also on -50% SALE !!!! (GI Proxy is included in Sky Master ULTIMATE asset)
    Sky Master ULTIMATE users can now upgrade to the following assets for only $5.
    InfiniCLOUD HDRP, Sun Shaft SRP and Volumetric Fog SRP for the HDRP and LWRP pipelines.
    And upgrade to InfiniGRASS for only $20 (vs $30) for a limited time !!!!!
    Also upgrade to Particle Dynamic Magic v2.0 for $20 (vs $35) !!!

Enjoy :)

ARTnGame - Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - Discord - Youtube

3. ftejada

ftejada

HI @nasos_333 !!!
    Tu GI Proxy supports HDRP? In case this is the case, GI Proxi do you need to use a camera (apart from the MainCamera) for its operation?
    The loss of performance that HDRP has per camera is terrible

Cheers

4. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi, the system just spreads point lights, so should play with hdrp, but i have not tested it with it. It does not need a separate camera and does not use image effects, only shadowless point lights

ftejada likes this.
  5. Foxaphantsum

Foxaphantsum

I have skyMaster Ultimate and if im not mistaken this is built into skyMaster?

Also unfortunately its a bit hard to see this plugin in action to see how it works. I've looked through the videos but I'm still a bit confused as to whats going on.

6. Foxaphantsum

Foxaphantsum

Have you thought about using a Cornell Box example to help really show off the lighting better? Its rather simple to setup I feel.

7. nasos_333

nasos_333

The system in general spreads point lights from a light source, for directional lights can be a grid, for the rest also can be parametrized.

The best way to debug is to enable the system or use one of the samples and see how the lights are spread and tweak at run time to get the effect you need, then copy to editor or put the settings to editor for general use.

The system is indeed included in Sky Master ULTIMATE, which also includes a much optimized SEGI GI version which is another option.

I will consider the room demo, i have one for mobile but can do for more complex too

Foxaphantsum likes this.
  8. Foxaphantsum

Foxaphantsum

SEGI GI? As in Sonic Eithers GI solution?

You made a optimized version of it?

9. nasos_333

nasos_333

Yes, i did a simple optimization but the gain is very big. I detail it somewhere in Sky Master ULTIMATE thread, will look for it and post

ftejada and Foxaphantsum like this.
  10. Foxaphantsum

Foxaphantsum

Damn your a crazy life saver, I was interested in SEGI but was worried about performance. I felt like I could maybe get away with just using the diffuse lighting (no spec) with a very low resolution. It's possible ur optimization will help even more.

11. nasos_333

nasos_333

Here is a video showing the gain

Foxaphantsum likes this.
  12. nasos_333

nasos_333

And few more from use in my WIP project

13. Foxaphantsum

Foxaphantsum

That's amazing, how much of a performance boost did you see?

From one of the videos it almost looks like double.

14. Foxaphantsum

Foxaphantsum

I think my plan would be to use SEGI for close up stuff, and your solution for further stuff (since SEGI has a limited draw distance)

15. nasos_333

nasos_333

Yes, but depend on case as well, generally make lot of difference.

Foxaphantsum likes this.
  16. ftejada

ftejada

Hi @nasos_333 !!! a question
    I work in HDRP and I would like to know if your modified integrated SEGI solution works for HDRP

Regards

17. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

No, the system is standard only, any conversion to urp or hdrp is another asset as the work involved to adapt to the new different engine can be months.

That said i am interested in doing it at some point, and of course will be a free give away in google drive to sky master ultimate users

Foxaphantsum and ftejada like this.
  18. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Hello nasos_333, I have been having a bit of interest in your GI solution. So far I tried Segi but it's unusable for big environment maps and the glitchy on and off light as it updates is rather annoying as well as the volume is very limited and not accurate at all and the performance is bad. Your simple solution looks rather decent and somewhat seems to make sense tow I wouldn't get my hopes up. So far all the GI solutions I tried in Unity have been a major disappointment. Your volume light solution also looks promising, can you go into a bit of detail on how your assets work? Does the GI thing work with sun and sky and does it have any constraints? Do they work for Unity 2017.1.0f3? I might consider purchasing if I feel brave enough. Also, is that SEGI solution implemented in the GI thing??

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  19. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

SEGI included in Sky Master ULTIMATE is the same as github with all limitations, but more optimized to run faster.

My GI Proxy is just an approximation with Unity point lights, so is platform agnostic and should run anywhere and is full customizable.

The volume lights are on top of all those and can be used with or without the GI, though are recommended as they create a leaps better look in general and contribute to that GI look.

florianalexandru05 likes this.
  20. nasos_333

nasos_333

(All images created using only Sky Master ULTIMATE Standard - URP - HDRP and InfiniGRASS, no other assets used)

SUMMER SALE STARTED !!!!!

Sky Master ULTIMATE is half price -50% Discount on personal sale for a limited time !!!!!

InfiniGRASS and all ARTnGame assets are also on -50% sale !!!!

InfiniGRASS is also only $15 when upgrading from Sky Master ULTIMATE !!! so make sure to get the sky first if getting both assets. GI Proxy is included in Sky Master ULTIMATE.

florianalexandru05 likes this.
  21. nasos_333

nasos_333

ARTnGAME Assets are now on -50% SALE in Unity New Year Sale !!!!!

Also Sky Master ULTIMATE users can upgrade to InfiniGRASS for only $9 instead of $60 normal price and then to InfiniTREE for $9 !!!!

22. CastryGames

CastryGames

I need Mobile demo apk please

23. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi, unfortunately i dont have a mobile demo, but i can just send a test version of the system to check it, let me know

24. CastryGames

CastryGames

Yes pleasee

25. nasos_333

nasos_333

I sent in PM, note that the system uses point lights, so it might not be good to use for much older mobile

26. TimNedvyga

TimNedvyga

Hi, could you send it to me also, please?)

27. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi, sure, i sent in PM

28. nasos_333

nasos_333

Is the system working out for the case ? Let me know and can help adapt as well.

29. nasos_333

nasos_333

Unity Spring Sale has started !!!!!

Sky Master ULTIMATE, Ethereal and InfiniGRASS are now on -50% Discount in Unity asset store Spring SALE !!!!!!!!!! - Ethereal is a $5 upgrade from Sky Master ULTIMATE.

Offers for the duration of the sale !!!

Upgrade from
    Sky Master ULTIMATE to InfiniGRASS for only $15, to InfiniTREE for only $9 and to Advanced FX Creator for only $9 !!!!!

GI Proxy is included in Sky Master ULTIMATE.

30. nasos_333

nasos_333

The following ARTnGAME assets are on -50% discount in Unity Sale !!!!

Sky Master ULTIMATE : Volumetric Skies & Weather (50% off)
    Ethereal
    URP - Volumetric Lighting & Fog (50% off)
    InfiniCLOUD HDRP - URP, Volumetric clouds & particles (50% off)
    InfiniGRASS: GPU Vegetation (50% off)
    InfiniTREE - (50% off)
    Toon Effects Maker - (50% off)
    Advanced FX Creator -(50% off)
    Particle Dynamic Magic - (50% off)
    GI Proxy - (50% off)

Secret ARTnGAME sales !!!
    Sky Master ULTIMATE can upgrade to InfiniGRASS for $19 (vs $59), to Ethereal for $5 and to InfiniTREE ($19) - Sun Shafts SRP ($5) - Advanced FX Creator ($19) - Particle Dynamic Magic ($19) -Volumetric Fog SRP Beta ($5)

Limited ARTnGAME Christmas Secret Offer !!!
    Sky Master ULTIMATE upgrades to InfiniRIVER and to ORION for only $9 !!!

ARTnGame - Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - Discord - Youtube - Reddit

31. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

A new sub module that checks for collisions between the bounce light position and the bounce point in the scene has now been added to the system, for better control of the effect and will come in the next update.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
  32. nasos_333

nasos_333

GI Proxy Global Illumination v1.7.0 has been submitted at the Unity Asset Store and pending review !!

v1.7.0
    - Added new option to check the region between the bounce light point and the offseted bounce light placement for collisions with objects so that lights wont enter objects that overlap the light placement point. If a collision is found the light will either be placed directly on the bounce point or half way between the bounce point and the collision point, using the Meet Half Way option.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2022
  33. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: Mar 20, 2022
  34. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE

GI Proxy has been updated to v1.7.1, this version includes a Welcome Screen that has all the ARTnGAME contact points and tutorials - package info in one place, for direct quick reference.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2022
  35. nasos_333

nasos_333

36. DonCornholio

DonCornholio

Is Global Illumination Proxy even feasible with a Forward Renderer ? I imagine you'd run into light count limit rather quickly and also the performance impact will probably be a lot more significant than with deferred rendering, right?
    URP is really soon gettting it's clustered forward renderer, any chance you might do a performance test with that ?
    Also how would it handle bigger scenes, i imagine the amount of bounce lights would just skyrocket to unreasonable numbers, or am i misunderstanding how the system works ?

37. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

About the light counts, this is up to Unity to handle, so the best rendering path for this purpose should be used or less lights etc, note though that shadowless point lights are exponentially faster than shadowed.

Also the system can be configured to even do GI with a single bounce light centered higher in the hit normal for example, so is rather configurable to get less lights.

About the big map, the system can follow the player as far as sun goes and create bounces in a grid around the player. Thus wont require lights in all map. The other lights can be configured as needed, e.g. disable far away bounces etc

38. nasos_333

nasos_333

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Upgrades from Global Illumination Proxy to other ARTnGAME assets during the Flash Sale !!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GI PROXY used with Ethereal volumetric lighting system (currently on -70% sale)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2022
  39. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: May 5, 2022
  40. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: May 19, 2022
  41. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: May 28, 2022
  42. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: Sep 9, 2022
  43. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: Sep 19, 2022
  44. Marco-Sperling

Marco-Sperling

Hi, does this GI Proxy asset support emissive materials? If so: does it support animated emissive materials - say where the emissive texture changes each frame (video)?
    From a quick glance it only seems to support standard light sources.

45. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi, indeed, GI Proxy method uses shadowless point lights of Unity to emulate GI, so does not support any kind of image effect style illumination.

For this would suggest LUMINA, that is based on the optimized SEGI system (Standard Pipeline) i have included in Sky Master ULTIMATE system. LUMINA supports directional light from sun and mesh lights with emitting material, and does not support point and spot lights directly. I suppose the two systems could be combined also with GI proxy apply extra GI for spot and point lights (or can emulate them with invisible to main camera meshes that are included in GI layer)

The LUMINA is fully dynamic, so the emission texture, color and intensity can be regulated at run time as needed.

Let me know for any further questions.

46. Marco-Sperling

Marco-Sperling

Lumina is not supporting VR, so this is not a solution for me, sorry.
    You said Sky Master Ultimate has an optimized version of SEGI. Is Sky Master Ultimate able to deliver what I am looking for?

47. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi, unfortunately neither SEGI based GI system is for VR yet, i am working on it though, but cant say when and if will happen.

GI Proxy does work for VR, but is an emulation and not support mesh lights.

That said a mesh emitter should be possible to program, for example for point light i cast spherically, but there is no restriction to not cast based on normals of a mesh at its vertices for example, though this requires some extra (but trivial) programming, it could even grab the color at the vertex from texture or mesh i think. The mesh read could be cashed i suppose also to maximize performance.

Will see if can have something like that in the next update.

48. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: Nov 3, 2022
  49. nasos_333

nasos_333

MASSIVE ARTnGAME Chain Reaction sale !!!

What is a Chain Reaction sale:

In this sale, you buy one asset after the other in separate orders and can access the whole of ARTnGAME library for a tiny fraction of the actual price ! This sale is directly applied, e.g. can start using the upgrades now.
    Buy in the below order one asset after the other in separate orders for massive discount.

Global Illumination Proxy - $29
    Global Illumination Proxy -> InfiniRIVER - $15
    InfiniRIVER -> Oceanis - $15
    Oceanis -> InfiniTREE - $15
    InfiniTREE -> LUMINA HDRP - $15
    LUMINA HDRP -> InfiniGRASS - $15
    InfiniGRASS -> GIBLION - $15
    GIBLION -> Sky Master ULTIMATE - $15
    Sky Master ULTIMATE -> InfiniCLOUD - $1
    InfiniCLOUD -> Ethereal - $15
    Ethereal -> LUMINA - $15
    LUMINA -> ORION - $15
    ORION -> Ivy Studio -$15
    Ivy Studio -> Particle Dynamic Magic URP ULTIMATE - $15
    Particle Dynamic Magic URP ULTIMATE -> Toon Effects Maker - $1
    Toon Effects Maker -> Sun Shafts SRP - $1
    Sun Shafts SRP -> Volumetric Fog SRP - $1
    Volumetric Fog SRP -> Mystery Rings Icons Pack - $1

Sum of $214 for all ARTnGAME assets !!!

InfiniTREE PRO is also now released at the Unity Asset Store
    and is currently a $5 upgrade from InfiniTREE and a $15 upgrade from Sky Master ULTIMATE or InfiniGRASS !

50. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE November Offers !
    InfiniTREE PRO is now released at the Unity Asset Store at -50% Discount and is currently a $5 upgrade from InfiniTREE and a $15 upgrade from Sky Master ULTIMATE or InfiniGRASS !

LAST DAY of the SALE !!!!

Sky Master ULTIMATE is on big discount, buy InfiniTREE PRO for $29 and upgrade for $19 to Sky Master ULTIMATE for total $48 (versus $69 normal price) !

InfiniGRASS, GIBLION, LUMINA GI, InfiniRIVER, ORION, Particle Dynamic Magic URP and Oceanis are are now discounted to only $19 when upgrading from Sky Master ULTIMATE !

ARTnGame - Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - Discord - Youtube - Reddit - Asset Store