Search Unity

Updating Unity breaks everything TMPro

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by FullHeartGames, Mar 8, 2019.

1. FullHeartGames

FullHeartGames

Every time I update Unity everything breaks from TMPro. I tried re-importing, deleting everything TMPro including meta-data and re-importing. Help please. I have about 20 errors like this. I obviously know this is caused y an old version of TMPro conflicting with the new version but don't know how to fix it.

I am using Unity 2018.3.4f1 Personal

Multiple plugins with the same name 'tmpro_plugin' (found at 'Packages/com.unity.textmeshpro/Plugins/64 Bit Plugins/TMPro_Plugin.dll' and 'Assets/TextMesh Pro/Plugins/64 Bit Plugins/TMPro_Plugin.dll'). That means one or more plugins are set to be compatible with Editor. Only one plugin at the time can be used by Editor.

G:/Documents/Projects/Video Games/Unity/My Projects/BoggleBash/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.textmeshpro@1.3.0/Scripts/Runtime/TMP_Text.cs(4919,44): error CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: `TMPro.TMPro_ExtensionMethods.Multiply(this UnityEngine.Color32, UnityEngine.Color32)' and `TMPro.TMPro_ExtensionMethods.Multiply(this UnityEngine.Color32, UnityEngine.Color32)'

G:/Documents/Projects/Video Games/Unity/My Projects/BoggleBash/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.textmeshpro@1.3.0/Scripts/Runtime/TMP_Text.cs(4920,44): error CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: `TMPro.TMPro_ExtensionMethods.Multiply(this UnityEngine.Color32, UnityEngine.Color32)' and `TMPro.TMPro_ExtensionMethods.Multiply(this UnityEngine.Color32, UnityEngine.Color32)'

2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

You need to upgrade TextMesh Pro to use the new package manager version. Please be sure to review and follow the upgrade procedure outlined in the following sticky post in this forum section above.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  3. FullHeartGames

FullHeartGames

Thank you so much!