Search Unity

Updating to 2.0.0

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by andymads, Sep 8, 2020.

1. andymads

andymads

When I click update in the IAP window the Package manager is displayed showing My Assets but there is no IAP package there.

Is something broken?

Screenshot 2020-09-08 at 12.54.48.png

Screenshot 2020-09-08 at 12.55.10.png

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You don't update via Package Manager, you should not touch anything there when upgrading IAP. You upgrade via the Services window (only)

3. andymads

andymads

I've always updated by clicking the update button in the IAP Updates window. Previously it would just open the import package window and I'd import and then there is a multi-step process for updating.

What is the install button for if not for installing the update? And why is it taking me to Package Manager then?

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Does this happen on a new project for you? It should not open Package Manager unless you have some Editor scripts running perhaps, compare to a new project.

5. andymads

andymads

What do you mean by a new project? In a new project the menu option to open the IAP Updates window is not there because there has been no initial install of Unity IAP.

I just tried in another project and this time it opened the Package Manager and highlighted Unity IAP as it was there under My Assets.

Screenshot 2020-09-08 at 16.17.58.png

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Sorry, I meant a new/empty project, and import IAP (not update) as a comparison test. I just updated a Unity 2019.4.6f1 project from IAP 1.23.1 to 2.0 without issue.

7. andymads

andymads

Created new project in 2019.4
    Changed to iOS platform.
    Enabled IAP in Services.
    Clicked Import button.
    Opened IAP Updates window.
    On latest version already but clicked Install.
    Package Manager auto opened and Unity IAP package highlighted.

Screenshot 2020-09-08 at 16.55.15.png

8. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

That is not a new project if IAP is already installed ("on latest version already"). That would not be possible on a new project.

9. andymads

andymads

You've lost me.

It's on latest version because I just installed it as shown in my steps, otherwise there's no Unity IAP submenu under Window.

You said above "a new/empty project, and import IAP (not update)" which is what I did.

Once In-App Purchasing is turned on in Services you then see a button labelled 'Import', which is what I clicked.

Once that is completed you get the Unity IAP submenu under Window which means you can then open the IAP Updates window.

You need to explain if I've misunderstood what you expected.

10. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Correct, there is no IAP submenu until IAP installed. When I click import, it will start the import process with multiple dialog boxes. Can you elaborate, "once that is completed", did it take you through the IAP import wizard? Here are the steps I'm suggesting:

* Create a brand new project
    * Enable Analytics in the Services window and Save the project
    * Enable IAP in the Services window. It will present an Import button.
    * Click on Import, it will start the IAP import wizard with Forward/Back button as in a typical Wizard flow.
    * Done. You will now see the IAP submenu, it's not needed as part of the install.
    * Package Manager is never auto-opened for me.

You mention

* Clicked Import button.
    * Opened IAP Updates window.

How is your second bullet possible? The IAP menu is not available until the Import process is finished. Unless you skipped the part in your bullets:

* Clicked Import button
    * ALLOWED THE IMPORT TO COMPLETE
    * Opened the IAP Updates window [from the menu]

FYI it's not necessary to select this menu as part of the install process.

11. andymads

andymads

Yes, I waited for the import to complete. I assumed this was implied as I didn't specify that I waited for any of the other steps to complete also - I simply listed the things I did with no mention of time interval between them.

You didn't do my last 2 steps.

The Package Manager auto opens when you click the little Install button in the bottom right corner of the IAP Updates window.

Here's a video of the whole process.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17BB891f1J9jue7jnJtmiTVgP2VxjSrgS/view?usp=sharing

12. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

I don't have access to the video, but it likely be very helpful.

13. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Ah, don't upgrade via the IAP Updates window, I too get the Package Manager dialog. Update via the Services window. I'll let the IAP team know.