Search Unity

Updating to 1.22 is crashing the Unity editor

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by andymads, Mar 28, 2019.

1. andymads

andymads

I've tried it twice now.

I currently have 1.20.0

Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 10.11.48.png

I click the install button and the store opens.

Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 10.12.00.png

I click the download button and eventually get the package import dialog.

Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 10.12.33.png

I click the import button and the import process begins. After a while Unity crashes.

When I relaunch Unity I'm told I'm still using IAP 1.20.1.

I'm left with these new files in my project. Do I have to manually import the UnityChannel and UnityIAP packages? Which files can be deleted after importing?

Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 10.15.26.png

EDIT: the UnityChannel package must have already imported as I'm told there's nothing new.

EDIT 2: I imported the UnityIAP package and was asked to auto update API - Unity again crashed.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
  2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

3. andymads

andymads

Unity 2018.3.8.

Some editor scripts but nothing that's caused a problem updating previously.

I got it working by removing IAP first, then reinstalling via Services window. Will see what happens when I come up upgrade to 1.22 in other projects.

If it happens again I'll try to get a bug report submitted with a repro case.

4. unity_bneN8yC5XbW0_A

unity_bneN8yC5XbW0_A

Hello, same problem. reimport doesn't help, always crashing. Unity 2019.1.0f2

5. unity_bneN8yC5XbW0_A

unity_bneN8yC5XbW0_A

sometime this error

Attached Files:

6. Fmacgt

Fmacgt

I had the same issue. The editor log showed that the errors were related to layout group and UI masks. So I closed all scenes and opened an empty scene. And the update completed without crashes.

some output from the editor log:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Reloading assemblies after script compilation.
    2. Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
    3. Assertion failed on expression: 'm_InstanceID != InstanceID_None'
    4. UnityEngine.Component:get_gameObject()
    5. UnityEngine.UI.LayoutRebuilder:MarkLayoutForRebuild(RectTransform) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/UI/Core/Layout/LayoutRebuilder.cs:159)
    6. UnityEngine.UI.LayoutGroup:OnDisable() (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/UI/Core/Layout/LayoutGroup.cs:144)
    8. [/Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/BaseClasses/BaseObject.h line 376]
    9. (Filename: /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/UI/Core/Layout/LayoutRebuilder.cs Line: 159)
    11. Uploading Crash Report
    12. NullReferenceException
    13.   at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.GameObject.GetComponentsInternal(UnityEngine.GameObject,System.Type,bool,bool,bool,bool,object)
    14.   at UnityEngine.GameObject.GetComponentsInChildren[T] (System.Boolean includeInactive, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] results) [0x00011] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/GameObject.bindings.cs:139
    15.   at UnityEngine.Component.GetComponentsInChildren[T] (System.Boolean includeInactive, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] result) [0x00009] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/Component.bindings.cs:93
    16.   at UnityEngine.Component.GetComponentsInChildren[T] (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] results) [0x00004] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/Component.bindings.cs:103
    17.   at UnityEngine.UI.MaskUtilities.NotifyStencilStateChanged (UnityEngine.Component mask) [0x00009] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/UI/Core/MaskUtilities.cs:38
    18.   at UnityEngine.UI.Mask.OnDisable () [0x0006c] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/UI/Core/Mask.cs:104
    19. (Filename: /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/GameObject.bindings.cs Line: 139)

pertz likes this.
  7. pertz

pertz

Thanks a lot! This fixed it for me!