Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Updating project Tiny 0.32 ShaderCompiler.cs to work with 2020.2 or 2020.3 (>2020.1.9f1)

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by eatbuckshot, Jun 4, 2021.

1. eatbuckshot

eatbuckshot

I know there's been very little news about the next version of Project Tiny ( version 0.33)

I wonder if it's possible to at least get an updated
    ShaderCompiler.cs

Since at least Entities .17 is suppose to be supported through 2020.3 as it's LTS, perhaps project tiny should still be compatible?

I've narrowed the problem down to not being able to build due to a new UnityShaderCompiler.exe

Up through unity 2020.1.9f1, the protocol version is
    Code (CSharp):
    2.         const uint k_CompilerProtocolMagic = 201905290; // Indicates protocol version
    While for 2020.3 2021.1
    all use
    After creating a copy of the package out of the packagecache and adding the new local folder in the package manager I could modify the source.

Per the shader compiling logs in the project log folder, at least changing that protocol version would get the build process one step further past the protocol mismatch error. Instead, it just causes UnityShaderCompiler to crash, presumably due to not updating the corresponding set of commands.

Judging from the comments it has been a work in progress updating it to work with a later protocol version... Anyway we can get an update on that?

maxostrach likes this.