Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Updating Probuilder2 to latest version issues

Discussion in 'World Building' started by lejean, Jan 31, 2019.

1. lejean

lejean

I tried updating my project from unity 2017 to 2018.3 and after deleting the pb folder and installing it through the package manager, I'm getting code errors about namespaces not being found, pb_face pb_object not being recognized, ..

I'm not sure how to fix this.
    When opening visual studio I can't find any probuilder intellisense code or manually adding the namespace from the readme file isn't recognized. (ProBuilder.Core, unityengine.probuilder,...)

How do I fix this?

superdupergc likes this.
  2. JayOli

JayOli

I am having the same problem. Visual Studio doesn't recognize the namespace, nor does it even have a reference to the namespace.

3. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi there! It's best if you do not delete anything, ProBuilder 4 will automatically find and remove the old stuff, update references, etc. Are you able to go back and redo the upgrade (git/etc) ?

Also, the API has breaking changes for 4.x, so if you were making use of the PB API (in game or custom tools), you'll need to update those- more info here: https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/ProBuilder-API-Examples/tree/4.0.0/master

4. lejean

lejean

Ok so the answer is you have to go to Assets>Create>Assembly Definition and then in the definition add Packages>Probuilder>Runtime>Unity.ProBuilder to the Assembly Definition References.

Then reload the scripts and you can add "using UnityEngine.ProBuilder;" namespace

Not sure why this doesn't happen automatically and why I can't find this info anywhere except in a single comment on the unity forum.

Also why is the API documentation taking so long to write?
    I saw a post about it in juli 2018 or something