Search Unity

Resolved Updating from pre.5 to pre.6 breaks everything

Discussion in 'XR Interaction Toolkit and Input' started by Totalschaden, Jan 31, 2022.

1. Totalschaden

Totalschaden

Using 2021.2.9f1 I cant get pre.6 to work at all, when i revert to pre.5 everything is working fine.

Dont see any hints what might be deprecated, namespace/using not working..

Last edited: Jan 31, 2022
  2. VRDave_Unity

VRDave_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hey @Totalschaden,
    We didn't change anything in terms of the namespace or class names, so this is a bit of a mystery. We came up with a few things to try to get you up and running again:
    1. (clear project cache) Close the Unity Editor. Delete Library\PackageCache. Restart the Unity Editor and see if it works again.
    2. (clear global cache) Open Windows File Explorer, Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Unity\cache\packages\packages.unity.com. Delete com.unity.xr.interaction.toolkit folders. Then repeat step 1. This will redownload the packages in the case that something happened in transit.
    3. (clear Library cache) Close the Unity Editor. Delete entire Library folder and restart the Editor. We saved this one for last as it takes the longest with big projects.
    If none of these solutions work for you, please file a bug inside the Unity Editor (Help > Report a Bug...) and include the project so we can download it and take a look.

3. Totalschaden

Totalschaden

I did the first 2 Suggestions at one go, and now its working fine again. Thanks alot :)