Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Updating ColliderType.Compound collider AABB issue

Discussion in 'Physics Previews' started by bahattin_alictus, Jan 15, 2021.

1. bahattin_alictus

bahattin_alictus

Hello!

I have encountered a problem, when I change sub-colliders' size/center the compound collider does not update its final AABB even the sub colliders update themselves. So this results in interaction problems. Hence there is no way to scale a mesh collider in real-time for now, this is the only option I can use for collider scaling when the collider is not a primitive shape.

I have tested it with these specs :
    • Unity 2020.20f1
    • Entities 0.16.0-preview.21
    • Havok Physics for Unity 0.4.1-preview.2
    • Hybrid Renderer 0.10.0-preview.21
    • Jobs 0.7.0-preview.17
    • Unity Physics 0.5.1-preview.2 (Using Havok)
    Any help or update about the development progress will be appreciated. Thank you :)

2. milos85miki

milos85miki

Hi @bahattin_alictus,

Unfortunately, changing compound colliders is not supported at the moment. The only option is to re-create the compound.

I don't have any concrete plans to share right now (for the next release), but we are definitely interested in hearing about your needs. It would be great if you could tell us about the details of your use cases: do you need real-time scaling (uniform or non-uniform), adding/removing child colliders from compound, editing child colliders (which properties?) or something else?

Thanks!

bahattin_alictus likes this.
  3. bahattin_alictus

bahattin_alictus

Hello @milos85miki,

I thank you for the information and the possible upcoming fix. I have needed it for real-time scaling(for both uniform and non-uniform); however, the cases you mentioned are also possibly will be needed in the near future.

For now, I can workaround for the project I am working on by switching between 2 colliders instead of scaling it up (that means, I will ignore the scales between these two). Thank you again.

milos85miki likes this.