Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Updating assets search Index

Discussion in '2023.2 Beta' started by SpookyCat, Aug 15, 2023.

1. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Not sure if this is new to 2023.2 Beta but it is not something I have seen in any previous version of Unity but the Updating assets search index is taking forever to happen and when its running its taking 50% CPU time so making the editor and anything else next to impossible to use. If you cancel the it by clicking the x it just starts right up again. As you can see from the image it only gets to 50%, it never completes and if you cancel and start it again it justsits at 0% forever but continues to tie up the CPU totally. How do I stop this, I never even use the new search feature so is there a way to tuirn this off.

It just seems everything that's being added to Unity just slows it down more and more, and half the stuff I never use but there are never any options just to disable it and stream line Unity as much as possible, i dont want all these features, I just want an editor that is as fast as it used to be in previous versions of Unity.
    Screenshot 2023-08-15 001944.png

Ruslank100 likes this.
  2. mariandev

mariandev

Pnvanol likes this.
  3. bab202

bab202

For my case, the search index fail to build and keep rebuilding anytime I open search window just because in my project i have asset file name with unicode character. For example: điện thoại.mp3.

After exclude those files or folder which contains these unicode characters from search index, the seach index build success.