Search Unity

Bug Updating Addressables 1.19.19 to 1.21.12 broke all addressable groups in project, how to resolve?

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by XRA, May 28, 2023.

1. XRA

XRA

IT seems nearly every time I decide to update the addressables package something breaks.

What is the correct way to update? I checked the Addressables manual but don't see an upgrade guide.

2. XRA

XRA

I reverted all my addressable asset groups as they got updated via 1.21.12 and that fixed it when I rolled back to 1.19.19

This same issue has happened many many times before when updating the Addressables package where I have to re-create all my groups again.

3. PaulDyatlov

PaulDyatlov

My addressables got broken after upgrading from 1.21.10 to 1.21.12

4. pillakirsten

pillakirsten

Unity Technologies

Hi all thanks for posting about this issue. Could you elaborate more on what is "broken"? Is the AddressableAssetSettings object missing references to the groups?

We recommend submitting a bug report if possible.

5. PaulDyatlov

PaulDyatlov

That's the list of things that broke for me:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/ren...nd-renaming-a-new-group.1438921/#post-9026374

Just a variety of problems with 21.12, but thankfully rolling back to 21.10 fixes them

6. gsylvain

gsylvain

It may be too late but I just got the same issue after updating to Unity 2022 LTS (addressable package 1.19.19 -> 1.21.20). The addressable group windows was inviting me to create a brand new addressable asset settings file, which was super bad. Most addressable assets were broken. After trying a few things, I've found a fix.

In the project view, go to Packages. Find the Addressables folder, right-click and select Reimport. Wait a few seconds and voilà.

Also note that I had a similar weird error when I updated TextMeshPro package to the latest version. Almost everything worked except the TextMeshPro Input component... I reverted to my previous working version. But NOW after find the fix above, I did the same Reimport action and it also fixed it!

@pillakirsten fyi, there is something bad under the hood where updating a package doesn't trigger a clean reimport of that thing + dependencies.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2024
    heartingNinja likes this.