Search Unity

Feedback [UPDATED] Zombie Shooter Prototype v1.5 for Playmaker

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Meka_Games, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

You can change the "Is Runner" variable from Zombie Prefab, Go to AI System > Set Variables STATE (Start State)

Find the "Is Runner" action on this state and change it. You can create 2 prefabs this way. Like Running Zombie and Walking Zombie...

2. innoveca

innoveca

Hi there, Thank you very much for the wonderful game kit. I am wondering whether you have any good recommendations for creating more advanced AI other than zombies. Preferably enemies who can shoot and cover. can't seem to find good resource for developing a system like that, especially without breaking the current game kit.

3. ItsKuze

ItsKuze

!suggestions!
    - doors that needs keys to be opened.
    - objectives list(so you can create a little story or interactive levels).
    - simple main menu: settings, select level, quit game.
    - zombies with special powers(screaming that can attract other zombies, or other powers)
    - if you are going to add npc (that later can be an player for pvp) , add an incapacitated state, and if you have menu, an option to heal ur partener.
    - elevator.
    - cars that can be hit and if they get hit to produce noise that will attract the zombies.
    - water or swamps where player speed goes down.
    - safe house where zombies can not enter / or you finish the level.
    - zombie that play feed animations when idle, emite gore and pain sounds, patrolling.
    - respawning should have and pop up menu where you have an button "respawn" and one for "quit to maine menu"
    Bugs I discovered in demo:
    - when I climbed the ladder the zombie kept chasing me trying to reach me and he just kept running in the wall below me. Maybe he should have an area or something that when doesn't detect the player or sounds, it should send the zombie back to idle mode.
    Q:* fully animated body will have an actual model that will be animated and you will see his legs too? *

4. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

Your suggestions are very good. But these suggestions do not fit the style of every game. That's why I didn't add what you said. I give everyone a basic kit so everyone can make a different game. It's not that hard to do what you said, if you know Playmaker very well, I'm sure you will. :)

Also this is not a bug but you are right, I will add this feature.

Q: I will just add the character leg model.

5. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

Thank you.

I can't give you a suggestion because I don't know. But soon I will add NPCs that does what you said.

6. ItsKuze

ItsKuze

So it won't be fully animated body...

7. ItsKuze

ItsKuze

are we able to create animator for guns? because like this its an total mess there with the animations made in unity, very hard to control them. I would like to request animators instead on animation for guns (like I thought it is when I bought it :(:mad:o_O ) or tutorials how to do it.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2022
  8. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

You can easily implement Animators for weapons. You just need to change "Play Animation" actions in FSMs and a few more minor tweaks.

But why do you want an animator? I've always used the Legacy Animation system for weapon animations. Much easier for me!

However, if you don't know how to do it, I can make a quick video tutorial for you.

And the reason for the bug you mentioned in the review is that you don't set the layer for the new Meshes. Layer of all new meshes must be in Weapon Layer. Also You must select "Update When Offscreen" Option of Skinned Mesh Renderer of the new Mesh. This is exactly how I showed it in the tutorial video.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2022
  9. ItsKuze

ItsKuze

OK, and tell me how can I make the pistol animation and the hands animations to work and play at the same time and speed. Because I have hands and guns separately animated. It is easy when you just do some shaking animations. Yes.

10. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

I didn't understand. You should use the weapon and hand animation frames under the same animation file.

I'll upload a video about animators in a day.

11. ItsKuze

ItsKuze

I found a fix, kid of a fix, if I add or you implement 2 types of animated objects.
    upload_2022-2-16_20-58-0.png

12. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

It seems that you changed the animations to "Legacy" and used the old animation system. It's easier that way! So... do you still want me to make a video about Converting to Animator?

Yes, you just need to put the Play Animation action! Make sure you do this for all states.

13. ItsKuze

ItsKuze

You could do it (the video for animator), oh and the part thats sad its when you will update the kit, I need to remake all the changes from 0 ? I hope not.
    And how can I make the animations for holster and for draw weapon to play full.
    And I still have some rendering issues when I switch to pistol, first I see nothing, if I move I see the hands, and if I move more the pistol shows up.

14. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

As i said, You must select "Update When Offscreen" Option of Skinned Mesh Renderer of the new Meshes.
    That is not an asset-related problem.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
  15. ItsKuze

ItsKuze

Yes, I did that, but still got some glitch.
    Another question, will you add objective mode with level finish? Or anything alike? What about simple main menu with lvl selection.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
  16. ItsKuze

ItsKuze

1. The shell for shotgun doesnt spawn
    2. The aimposition keeps ... working wrong

upload_2022-2-17_20-47-32.png

17. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

These errors will not occur if you start watching from "Adding New Weapons". All your answers are in this video.
    There is already an explanation about Aim position and Shell Spawning in this video.

18. ItsKuze

ItsKuze

I fixed almost everything, not the shell yet

19. clandis82

clandis82

Hello I purchased this asset and I have to say it is amazing. I have an issue using it with urp though. When i push play or select the Game Screen, it doesnt look like the Camera is rendering. Is there something that i need to do in order to get the camera to render in URP? Thanks

20. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

https://forum.unity.com/threads/upd...fps-game-template.1016290/page-3#post-7188253

Hi. This is my other asset and solution is the same.

21. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

Bullet shells are using Pool System due to Performance Issues.
    So you have to change it via the Pool Manager in the scene.

1-) As you can see, You can change the Pool Name of this weapon from this state.
    You can change the pool name for every weapon. Just go to "Set Variables" Action. All the Settings are here for weapons. Do not touch to other states.

For an example, this weapon (shotgun) uses Default Shell Pool.
    You can write the new Pool String here. Maybe "Shotgun Shell"?
    If you did it, You need to add a new action to the Pool Manager.
    1.png

As you can see, There is the Pool Action for Default Shell.
    Just duplicate it, rename it's Name Of The Pool to the "Shotgun Shell".
    and change the "Prefab to Pool" with new prefab.
    2.png

You need to use the same FSM in your any Shell Prefab. Just copy and paste from Default Shell prefab. (The Instanced pool objects must be disabled.)

22. ItsKuze

ItsKuze

all steps are made

23. ItsKuze

ItsKuze

btw, when the bullets hits anything, I don't hear any impacts sounds. Will you add them? :D

24. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

You can easily add them. As you know. If you have Playmaker, you are free... All the asset can be easily configured.

25. ItsKuze

ItsKuze

I tried, but I don't know what I am doing wrong, the sounds keeps hearing like its below me, not in the place where raycast hits.
    How did you add wave system on your game?

26. ItsKuze

ItsKuze

I tried again and again, the shells spawn for piston .45 cap shell, rifle shell, but shotgun shell doesn't.

27. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

You should ask this on Playmaker forums, not mine. :)
    Maybe it's time to update your review? ;)

28. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

If you follow the way I did, it is impossible not to happen. You must have changed something wrong.

29. ItsKuze

ItsKuze

still you need to do some updates, and after yes, I will update it too, your package its not complete.
    For exemple:
    upload_2022-2-22_22-26-3.png

1. The decal should vanish after some seconds, so other can appear, because after I shoot over 120 bullets I have no more particle effects. (it would help for mobile too)
    2. Some kind of menu? to make it all interact in the same way?
    3. Sound on particle hit for metal, wood, concrete? not even on flesh hit there are no sounds.
    4. Optional, some kind of wave spawning system or objective mode.
    I understand that this is a kit that helps you to create games with it, but if I want to implement or create an main menu, I need to make it work 100% perfectly with what you already did. As a developer just think it as you are a guy who buys the kit, and you need to make the gameplay, the sounds that doesn't even play, etc, than why did I bought it? to do extra work? make it expensive but COMPLETE. Even if I would have to pay more, I will, but for an project that I can go from A to Z with no problems, with better documentation, better tutorials, and more gameplay solutions like "objective survive the waves" or "find extract" or anything else. As long as you are lazy to implement this, I will keep saying that I regret buying it. No offense. And I will just think its an addon, not something that you can reskin and work on it to create a game, you just keep saying " I let people create and add whatever they want to make it unique" and that's all. Than create another addon with "Zombie Sh. PR. gameplay logics addon", "Zombie Sh. PR. multiplayer addon", "Zombie Sh. PR. sounds for impact addon", "Zombie Sh. PR. the particles and decals vanish and are not spawned in hierarchy for better performance addon" and I ill buy them too just so I can make a game.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2022
  30. ItsKuze

ItsKuze

Fixed that, found what I did wrong. Still can't manage to make the bullet impact at the 100 m away to play the sound at 100 m away not in my ears.

31. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

Decal system uses Pool System. It does what you say.

If you are here for the to say "I made a game" without making any difference in the asset, you are in the wrong place.
    This is a prototype for Playmaker learning. It's also a package for buyers to make their own unique game.

My asset cannot be the source asset of hundreds of "same" games.
    That's why I didn't add the sounds, textures and models. so I gave you a chance to change it.
    If you want to add sound to decal, just add a Play Sound action. If you know Playmaker, It takes 10 seconds of your time!

Like I said, you want something pre-made. You want to make a game by making minor changes without wasting any time. Let me give you a small suggestion. You will not be successful this way. You can't get everything done in 1-2 weeks.

The first sentence in the description of this asset's store is "Learn the basics of FPS with this template."
    It's not "Make a game with this asset in 10 minutes".

I offer you a refund. Contact me via mail.

32. clandis82

clandis82

Hello,

How do I make the health show up as a slider rather than a number?

33. ItsKuze

ItsKuze

We need to make this to auto destroy but to be able to spawn again, because when the limit its reached, no more particle effects are spawned.
    upload_2022-2-27_21-17-14.png

34. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

There's already an option for this in PoolManager Prefab FSM.
    1.png

I'm not willing to help someone who calls my asset an "add-on" on review for no reason and completely unfair...

35. ItsKuze

ItsKuze

OK, thanks.

36. BioBurden

BioBurden

Jeez, you'd swear this dude had just bought a new car that was delivered without any wheels. The asset isn't even €18, it's a steal...

37. gustavsorum

gustavsorum

Hello,

I am loving the look of this asset, but I was wondering about some features.
    I am looking to buy the "Advanced Survival Kit", but I really like the idea of the "checkpoint trigger area thingy" in this pack. Is there a similar thing in the survival kit, if not, can I smoothly transfer it from this pack to that one?

Thanks in advance!

38. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

You can modify the Respawn Anywhere state in the Death FSM for this.
    1.png
    (image taken from Advanced Survival Kit)

Just delete Find Game Object, Get Random Child, Get Position actions. Then you can change the Spawn Point Vector3 by using Triggers just like in the Zombie Shooter Prototype.

gustavsorum likes this.
  39. Boden_McHale

Boden_McHale

Any news on the progress of this roadmap? I'd love to hear an update!

40. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

41. wimolsuntirungsi

wimolsuntirungsi

Hi now your asset website has some like this I could not contact you for Survival template I buy from you please give me your email address
    upload_2022-7-3_21-5-44.png

42. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

Same happens to me. I contact Unity Support.

43. wimolsuntirungsi

wimolsuntirungsi

Hi how I could use mobile controll just port to android then it automatically switch to mobile controll right

44. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

No, You need to enable MOBILE CONTROLLER game object under the Player Prefab.

45. wimolsuntirungsi

wimolsuntirungsi

Please Helppp model change problem

Hello, I followed your in the video. when changing character everything is ok But in the end, when firing, it seems that the bullet will not damage to new characters

46. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

You need to change limbs layer. Did you missed this part?

47. wimolsuntirungsi

wimolsuntirungsi

I do every step following video it is not working still it could attack player but could not shoot to damage them

48. wimolsuntirungsi

wimolsuntirungsi

where is mobile control to enable

49. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

Zombies must not be parents of any game objects. Put them in Hierarchy one by one.

Check the bottom text of the installation file for mobile support.

50. wimolsuntirungsi

wimolsuntirungsi

could you please make screen shot or make video and you talk and teach please you know I try to do every step but It still not working