Search Unity

Updated Visual Studio 2019, FPS Mod broke - all scripts "The associated script cannot be loaded ..."

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by tapiovalli, Jul 31, 2020.

1. tapiovalli

tapiovalli

The very definition of bad day :(

Been working on this FPS Mod (starting from the microgame). Made the fatal error to respond to Visual Studio 2019 request to update. Now all my scripts are tagged with warning sign and "The associated script cannot be loaded ... ".

Anybody have any good ideas how to proceed?

2. tapiovalli

tapiovalli

3. tapiovalli

tapiovalli

Ok. Now they are all back. So, anybody know what happened? What should I do this happens next time?

4. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

The end of the error message hints at the most common cause. Compile errors. Scripts need to successfully compile before they can be populated in the inspector. All scripts in the entire project. If there were any compile errors, they would have been listed in the Console window, but I can't tell because your screen shot doesn't have the Console window in focus.

But almost always a compile error is the cause of this issue. If it occurs again, check the console and look for anything red. If there are more than 1, go to the one at the top. Resolve whatever that is, and try again.

tapiovalli likes this.
  5. tapiovalli

tapiovalli

That was it! One script - the one being worked on - had compile issue. Interesting that all scripts are blocked. Ok, good to know and thanks!