Search Unity

AQUAS Water/River Set - Water & Rivers for Mobile, VR, Web, Desktop

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by dogmachris, Jan 8, 2016.

1. dogmachris

dogmachris

I'm sorry, but right now I am working on updating some of the core features of AQUAS, so I have no new info on this, I'm sorry to say.

SickaGames1 likes this.
  2. DavidBVal

DavidBVal

I tried and the result seems to be the exact opposite. If I reduce reflection intensity it becomes more and more brown. Strange!

EDIT: disabling the reflection probe is the only thing that seems to avoid my water being mostly brown, but of course that's not a solution as then water doesn't reflect at all.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  3. Frada

Frada

Hi,

I am using the Post Processing via the Unity Package Manager per Vegetation Studios Pro installation instructions. I deleted the Post Processing folder from Assets and imported Post Processing from the Asset Store and even tried the V2 from the GitHub link but I keep getting errors related to the version in the preprocessor directives in the Aquas scripts. I think I tried all combinations. Do you have any suggestions? I am using Unity 2018.2.15f1.

4. nathanjams

nathanjams

Hi,

I'm having the exact same issues as Frada. Can not get Aquas working with Post Processing V2 in a Vegetation Studio Pro build.

Thank you,
    Nathan

5. dogmachris

dogmachris

I think this is only a matter of material settings, I can help you out a bit more in detail with this, so I sent you a PM.

6. dogmachris

dogmachris

@nathanjams can you paste the exact error messages?

7. Frada

Frada

8. nathanjams

nathanjams

@Frada thanos for posting that.

@dogmachris i get the exact same issues as Frada. Similar issues were discussed earlier in this thread but none of the solutions helped.

UNITY_POST_PROCESSING_V1 are UNITY_POST_PROCESSING_V2 are both added to the Player settings but removing V1 doesn’t make a difference.

Also, the lens effects only show fields for Post Processing Profiles meaning it’s only recognising V1 - but I do not have V1 installed.

Nathan

9. multimediamark

multimediamark

Greetings, we're having an issue with Oculus and the reflections of Aquas river not being displayed properly.

Here's what it looks like:

Any idea how could we fix this?

10. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

When do you think the next update for AQUAS is?

11. dogmachris

dogmachris

@Frada please make sure to delete the AQUAS_AddDefine.cs Script in the Editor folder before you remove the entry from the scripting define symbols.

Does that solve the issue?

12. dogmachris

dogmachris

Does the flickering go away when you disable the reflection probe? (Not the reflection component on the water plane!)

13. dogmachris

dogmachris

It should be out before the end of the year - I will post updates on the new and reworked features soon.

boysenberry and Willbkool_FPCS like this.
  14. nathanjams

nathanjams

Hi @dogmachris

I'm away from my computer for the weekend so I can't confirm this but I believe I did try that with no success. Maybe @Frada can try?

If not I can check on Monday and let you know.

Nathan

15. Frada

Frada

Yes thank you very much. Removing the AQUAS_AddDefine.cs fixed it. The water looks great!

16. hungrybelome

hungrybelome

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  17. nathanjams

nathanjams

@dogmachris

Just jumpped into the office and can confirm that this worked. I simply didn't include the AddDefine script on install since I already had the scripting define symbol included.

What had thrown me off was that when I had tried this the camera still used a V1 post Processing file. I had been expecting a V2 Volume and Layer to be included with the camera.

Can I ask how you trigger the underwater processing? Do you add a PP Volume to the Aquas Waterplane? I can figure it out but I'm just wondering if you have a defined way of doing this?

Thanks for your time and help,
    Nathan

18. ivabibliocad

ivabibliocad

Thanks for all the Help Chris. I had to rebuild the project so see if the order of the variables affects the outcome, etc... But always get to the same point. This are the errors (3) I have:

Assets/AQUAS/Scripts/AQUAS_LensEffects.cs(93,22): error CS0102: The type `AQUAS_LensEffects' already contains a definition for `postProcessing'

Assets/AQUAS/Scripts/AQUAS_Parameters.cs(32,35): error CS0102: The type `AQUAS_Parameters.UnderWaterParameters' already contains a definition for `underwaterProfile'

Assets/AQUAS/Scripts/AQUAS_Parameters.cs(33,35): error CS0102: The type `AQUAS_Parameters.UnderWaterParameters' already contains a definition for `defaultProfile'

19. nathanjams

nathanjams

@ivabibliocad

This is the same issue @Frada and I just had. Try removing the AQUAS_AddDefine.cs script and then remove define symbol for Post Processing you’re not using V1 or V2 from the Player settings.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  20. ivabibliocad

ivabibliocad

What do you mean by "remove define symbol for Post Processing you’re not using V1 or V2" I don't understand that?
    Thanks for the help!

21. nathanjams

nathanjams

@ivabibliocad

Go to Edit - Project Settings - Player. In the inspector scroll down until you find "Scripting Define Symbols*" You're probably going to have "UNITY_POST_PROCESSING_STACK_V1" and "UNITY_POST_PROCESSING_STACK_V2". you can only have one though. Remove the version of post-processing you are NOT using.

Willbkool_FPCS likes this.
  22. ivabibliocad

ivabibliocad

Ok, I did it bus still have this erros:
    Assets/AQUAS/Scripts/AQUAS_LensEffects.cs(93,22): error CS0102: The type `AQUAS_LensEffects' already contains a definition for `postProcessing'

Assets/AQUAS/Scripts/AQUAS_Parameters.cs(32,35): error CS0102: The type `AQUAS_Parameters.UnderWaterParameters' already contains a definition for `underwaterProfile'

Assets/AQUAS/Scripts/AQUAS_Parameters.cs(33,35): error CS0102: The type `AQUAS_Parameters.UnderWaterParameters' already contains a definition for `defaultProfile'

23. nathanjams

nathanjams

did you remove the script AQUAS_AddDefine.cs and then check the scripting define symbols to make sure that you only have one Post Processings added?

dogmachris likes this.
  24. dogmachris

dogmachris

as @nathanjams said, you have to first delete the AQUAS-AddDefine.cs script from the editor folder, before removing the scripting define. Otherwise AQUAS will add it back. It's tedious, I know but in some cases at this point it's not possible otherwise.

25. Mlackey

Mlackey

So, I've tried this over a few times and there is a major issue with the asset.

The asset causes Unity Editor to refresh/recompile every minute or so and then create a temp-file in the Unity Project folder. This issue goes away when I delete the Aquas asset from my project. The other issue is Aquas breaks Gaia's extension system, other extensions are no longer visible.

My quick fix, that seems to be working although it is almost midnight where I live to properly test, seems to be deleting the Aquas_Gaia extension script located under Aquas\Scripts and then deleting under Editor\"AddDefine" and "RemoveDefine"

This seems to have helped remove the recompiling issue that it seems some other have been experiencing. I can't guarantee it is a fix or even a fix for myself as I haven't had more than 10 minutes to test but Unity Editor with 2018.2 seems to run smoother and isn't recompiling every minute.

Hopefully this helps out at least one other person.

26. multimediamark

multimediamark

Yes we did, didn't help :(

27. ivabibliocad

ivabibliocad

I'm really confused here... I deleted everything related to aquas, re imported it then delete the addDefine.cs, then remove the posprocessingstackV2, then compile and then it creates the thing again no matter what, BUT this time it works! That's what I don't get... It is the same result to when this was not working for me. The symbol is always recreated but for some reason is now working?

28. nathanjams

nathanjams

@ivabibliocad

do you only have Post Processing V2 in your scripting define symbols field or do you have PPV1 and PPV2? if you only have one then everything is correct

29. dogmachris

dogmachris

He means that now it works as intended when he did the steps, but it didn't when he tried before - the only possible explanation I have is that the steps weren't executed in the correct order, but if that is not the case, this is indeed confusing - it worked now at least.

30. GorkaChampion

GorkaChampion

Hi, using Stack 2 and 2018.2.
    On editor mode when I go underwater changes ok the profiles but on build it doesn't and on the log I get the following error (almost every frame):
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    at AQUAS_LensEffects.Update () [0x0064d] in C:\UnityProjects\Third Person Template\Assets\AQUAS\Scripts\AQUAS_LensEffects.cs:478

But in the editor, Underwater Parameters I've got both profiles (underwater, default) selected.

Any ideas?

I have only PPv2 on the scripting define symbols field

31. dogmachris

dogmachris

Do you have both profiles in the inspector before you enter play mode or in play mode only? In the Editor AQUAS complements the setup, should it not be complete when entering play mode, which it cannot do in the build.

32. GorkaChampion

GorkaChampion

I have both profiles in the inspector before I enter play mode...

33. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

Hello how big are chances that Aquas will get tesselation shader too? :) to give some more space and volume to water.

34. kuailaiwanli

kuailaiwanli

Hi,aquas water not work.
    The sample scene is work.
    But When I create a plane,then apply shader in "mobile" folder to it,it's not work. I can't see any thing

my unity version is unity 2018.2.14f1

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  35. dogmachris

dogmachris

Please try using the Quick Setup window to make sure the water is set up correctly. You can find the quick setup window under "Window"->"AQUAS"->"Quick Setup". Does the water work, when you set it up this way?

36. dogmachris

dogmachris

AQUAS is flat and is supposed to stay that way, since it has been developed with performance in mind. AQUAS Ultra though will offer tessellation and physical waves. It's in development and I hope to have a usable beta ready either in dec or in jan.

boysenberry and Willbkool_FPCS like this.
  37. Duffer123

Duffer123

@dogmachris ,

Think current AQUAS falling foul of Postprocessing V2 in GAIA v1.91?

38. dogmachris

dogmachris

It shouldn't. Do you get error messages?

Duffer123 likes this.
  39. cejones

cejones

Good afternoon,

Any ideas on how to fix this? Fresh install.. never installed before.

SOLVED! Deleted AQUAS_AddDefine and now no errors.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  40. Duffer123

Duffer123

41. dogmachris

dogmachris

This error seems to be aggravating since Gaia and Vegetation Studio 2 started to require Unity's post processing stack v2. AQUAS can work with both v1 and v2, although if both are available at the same time, it causes conflicts with AQUAS. For a temporary fix please proceed as follows:

First delete the AQUAS_AddDefine.cs script from the Editor folder. Then go to the scripting define symbols in the player settings and remove the entry that says "UNITY_POST_PROCESSING_STACK_V1". That should do the trick although, it is only a temporary fix.

@everyone: I am going to publish a hotfix for this later today to get rid of this tedious issue. AQUAS will then either prefer PP stack v2 if both are available or an enumerator will become available in the inspector of the UnderWaterEffects object for the user to choose which version to use based on the ones that are available. Gotta see which solution works out better.

Please let me apologize to everyone for the trouble this issue has caused.

42. Duffer123

Duffer123

43. magique

magique

The screen position out of view frustum occurs even with small water planes. There must be a fix for this. I get this a lot also. It usually occurs when I get far away from the water and it's out of view. I am probably going to just write a script to turn off the water when out of view, but it would be nice to not have to see this error all the time.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  44. Willbkool_FPCS

Willbkool_FPCS

I get this a lot too. I have a large flooded area in the middle of my scene and that error occurs frequently, and even though it isn't serious it does get a little annoying. ;)

45. malkere

malkere

I see it's been posted in here before, but there seems to be problem with running vulkan. I have some Linux users that do better running with -force-vulkan to get around some Unity rendering bugs. Hopefully 2018.3 will fix them. But with Aquas in vulkan I get:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'AQUAS/Desktop and Web/One-Sided/Double-Textured' - Pass 'FORWARD' has no vertex shader
    2. WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'AQUAS/Desktop and Web/One-Sided/Double-Textured' - Pass 'FORWARD_DELTA' has no vertex shader
    3. WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'AQUAS/Desktop and Web/One-Sided/Double-Textured' - All passes removed
    and
    Code (CSharp):
    1. WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'AQUAS/Desktop and Web/Double-Sided/Triple-Textured Bumpy2' - Pass 'FORWARD' has no vertex shader
    2. WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'AQUAS/Desktop and Web/Double-Sided/Triple-Textured Bumpy2' - Pass 'FORWARD_DELTA' has no vertex shader
    3. WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'AQUAS/Desktop and Web/Double-Sided/Triple-Textured Bumpy2' - Pass 'ShadowCaster' has no vertex shader
    4. WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'AQUAS/Desktop and Web/Double-Sided/Triple-Textured Bumpy2' - All passes removed
    any ideas? Or maybe one of the shaders in the pack to switch to when a user goes in vulkan?

46. dogmachris

dogmachris

@Willbkool_FPCS
    This is a very old issue, that runs back to Unity 3.x. The thing is that it keeps popping up sporadically often for no obvious reason. From what I've heard often times right-clicking the scene tab, closing it, then reopening it, will resolve the issue. Some other users reported they had to delete the camera and then add one again.
    Does any of this work for you guys?

47. dogmachris

dogmachris

AQUAS is not yet compatible with Vulkan and DX12. I am currently working on that and expect to have a compatible version out in december.

FargleBargle and malkere like this.
  48. dogmachris

dogmachris

@EVERYBODY
    I have submitted a hotfix for the issue with AQUAS being unable to determine which version of the post processing stack to use. The issue made it neccessary to delete the AQUAS_AddDefine.cs Script and manually edit the scripting define symbols.

The hotfix now works as follows:
    When only post processing stack v1 is imported, AQUAS will use it. When post processing stack v2 is imported, AQUAS will use that. When BOTH ppv1 AND ppv2 are imported, AQUAS will prefer ppv2. A fix that allows to have the user choose which version to use via click was not possible in this case, because it would have to make it possible to choose the data types of global variables via a bool in the inspector, which I saw no way of making happen.

Anyway, this should work out. The only situation in which one will have to manually edit the scripting define symbols, is when one first has ppv2 installed via package manager (Unity 2018 only) and then deletes it. The reason for this is, that deleting a package via package manager does NOT remove the entry it adds to the scripting define symbols - this is something Unity should consider adding.

I will post again, as soon as the submission has been - I hope successfully - reviewed.

49. magique

magique

I did some searching and found this post:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/screen-position-out-of-view-frustum.9918/#post-3808546

The person who posted right after says this also works for AQUAS. I haven't tried yet, but if it works then maybe this fix can be added to the code.

[EDIT]
    Unfortunately, this fix doesn't work. It makes the error go away, but then reflections don't work. I debugged it and the rect.x and rect.y are always 0 in AQUAS so this fix is a non-fix.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  50. DenisLemos

DenisLemos

Hi!
    I recently bought Aquas to implement compatibility with Azure[Sky] and did not have time to come here before to report the results.

This is an amazing water asset and works great with Azure[Sky]. As with any transparent shader, by default Aquas Water is also ignored by the fog scattering effect and it is necessary to make some simple modifications in the water shader so that the water works properly with the Azure fog effect.

The water shaders I have tested so far, Aquas was the easiest to make the modifications needed to work with the Azure's fog scattering, it was necessary to add to the original shader only two lines of code. The instructions on how to modify the water shader to work with the fog effect are on the first page of the Azure[Sky] forum.

Thanks for developing this great asset and supporting it for all this time.

Some screenshots I took from the Scene View.

dogmachris and Willbkool_FPCS like this.