Search Unity

[UPDATED: v1.5.4]AQUAS Water/River Set - Water & Rivers for Mobile, VR, Web, Desktop

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by dogmachris, Jan 8, 2016.

1. dogmachris

dogmachris

Support for scriptable render pipeline is currently in the making and should be online before the end of this year.

BrandStone likes this.
  2. Xype

Xype

This error has been around for a very long time, and I am getting a little bored with fixing it everytime I do a new project with Aquas.

Your post processing conditions don't account for people who had v1 and upgraded to v2 or people who installed both at the same time (such as with post processing profiles asset) or people who install 3d with extras that end up having to update with the package manager (newer betas).

This needs to be added to the end of all the V1 && Aquas check lines && !UNITY_POST_PROCESSING_STACK_V2

Please do this for the asset store version so we stop having to fix it every single time we import it.

#if UNITY_POST_PROCESSING_STACK_V1 && AQUAS_PRESENT && !UNITY_POST_PROCESSING_STACK_V2

in all of those places fixes all of the errors (theres a few of them in aquas_lenseffect.cs and a few in aquas_parameters.cs.

This allows V1 to work for people still using it, but will default to v2 if installed.

Tried to just let it slide thought you would fix it, but its been almost a year now and the problem is still there.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  3. Xype

Xype

Just read this, hopefully my post above will give you the solution you need to keep people from having to worry about it.

4. Evgenius

Evgenius

Hello @dogmachris!

I'm cutting the water from the ship's insides with AQUAS/Volume Mask shader. But I need to use point and spotlights inside the ship. But after cutting, light aren't working there. Could you help me?

I'm using AQUAS 1.5.2 and Unity 2017.1.0f3

5. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

I'm getting a serious error on import for Aquas in unity 2018.2.11. Its as if unity is constantly trying to recompile shaders with spinning circle in bottom right corner. Only way to fix is remove aquas from project. Never completes so i don't even no what the issue is.

6. JebAI

JebAI

Yes Yes... I got the same and had to delete Aquas folder.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  7. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

8. dogmachris

dogmachris

@JebAI

Try deleting the AQUAS_AddDefine.cs script from the editor folder first. Then go to the scripting define symbols and remove the entry referring to the version of the pp stack you do NOT want to use. Does that solve your issue?

9. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

I don't have any define symbols for either PP stack (could that be the issue. What should the scripting define be for PP v2?

Edit:- Deleting the addDefine.cs script fixed the constant spinning and unity crashes. thanks. I'm getting strange green water now but at least we are up running, I can tweak the settings another day :)

10. dogmachris

dogmachris

Have you chosen the preset for swamp water in the quick setup window by any chance?
    There's a bunch of preset materials in the package, check if another one works better for you.

11. dogmachris

dogmachris

I'll have to check that, but since AQUAS's volume masking is only a very basic solution, I cannot say much about point light interaction at this point. I will post on this matter as soon as I can.

12. JyriKilpelainen

JyriKilpelainen

@dogmachris Is there anyway to control reflection draw distance? My camera far clipping plane is currently 200 and the reflections are drawn way before the actual terrain etc. are drawn.

13. ivabibliocad

ivabibliocad

Is there a way to view a water plane from top view. I have a minimap in my scene but the water plan is not visible from top view in 2d?

14. gau098

gau098

is your assets are compatible for vr
    eg htc vive please revert

15. dogmachris

dogmachris

Not really. Such a thing would have to be done in the shader, which I didn't do for AQUAS because it almodt instantly produces artifacts, no matter what you look at. The resolution of the reflection texture though can ne reduced and will in most cases still look acceptable even for small resolutions.

16. dogmachris

dogmachris

Multi pass yes, single pass only without realtime reflections (reflection probes should work though)

17. dogmachris

dogmachris

Generally yes, but I assume you would like to use an orthographic camera. AQUAS does work with that, however terrain objects will - for reasons I don't know - always render on top of AQUAS, when using an orthographic camera. So if that is what you want to do, you may consider using a mesh object rather than a terrain.

18. ivabibliocad

ivabibliocad

Thanks Chris I ended with that solution. But then I have another unsolvable problem. I'm in Unity 2018.2 Whenever I make the build I loose the underwater sound FX. It works perfectly in the editor. But never works outside of it. There's only one camera on scene. Three's only one audio listener. The camera doesn't have an audio source. I've also redone all the aquas elements using the quick set up with no positive outcome. ?
    Thanks for the help

19. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

What enhancements are coming in the next version of Aquas and when is that going to be out?

20. dogmachris

dogmachris

Do any other sounds work in the build?

21. dogmachris

dogmachris

I expect to have it out in December, major enhancements are infinite water, and compatibility with scriptable render pipelines, along with some minor bugfixes.

mmaclaurin and trilobyteme like this.
  22. ivabibliocad

ivabibliocad

Yes, everything works, all sounds are running smoothly!

23. AR_Rizvi

AR_Rizvi

Hi @dogmachris
    I have been Using your Asset for some time now but i have always used it for ponds and so on never underwater
    But now when i am trying it for underwater there is a Massive problem that i am not able to solve,
    I Have tried both squared and non squared methods but it seems to lose the underwater effect while still under water
    If You give me permission to post your code i can show you where my problem is or i think it is
    Thanks for Good Work
    Looking forward for your reply
    I have Version 1.4.1
    and i have gone through all your change logs you haven't seems to get this error or its on my side only
    Kindly take a look.

Edit : now i have Latest version of AQUAS but still the problem persist
    i am using my own planes for specific shape of water for my Swimming Pool so they are certainly not Squared and the way you calculating its presence underwater seems to not working for me

Edit no 2 : I have used the squared Method and it is working now but somehow its not rendering my skybox which happens to be Time Of Day Package from Asset Store
    Dose some one knows what is happening here
    any help thanks in advance

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  24. swredcam

swredcam

Two questions. I am using AQUAS and when I select a lower quality level -- which has no shadows -- the AQUAS layer disappears. Is it the shadow setting causing this or perhaps another setting? On a similar note, how can I dial down the expense of AQUAS in the QualitySettings? FOr example, select a mobile shader for a mobile build?

25. capitalJmedia

capitalJmedia

Hi, I've found an issue with the UNITY_POST_PROCESSING_STACK_V2 define issue, Aquas keeps adding this define even though I don't have the V2 post process stack in my project. It keeps finding this PNG from Cinemachine that has the same name.. perhaps this is not the best way to determine if v2 stack is installed?

results = AssetDatabase.FindAssets("PostProcessLayer");

if (!symbols.Contains("UNITY_POST_PROCESSING_STACK_V2") && results.Length>0)
    {
    symbols += ";" + "UNITY_POST_PROCESSING_STACK_V2";
    PlayerSettings.SetScriptingDefineSymbolsForGroup(EditorUserBuildSettings.selectedBuildTargetGroup, symbols);
    }

dogmachris likes this.
  26. dogmachris

dogmachris

Weird - Please try building just the demo scene and see if the sounds work there. My first guess would be that audiosources are somehow conflicting with each other, but since it seems to work in the editor, it makes little sense. Does the demo scene work with sounds when you build it?

27. dogmachris

dogmachris

AQUAS detects whether the camera is underwater or not, by using a square or a circle shaped plane as a reference. Custom planes with underwater effects are more likely to trigger underwater effects, when you are not underwater and vice versa.
    As to your second issue with the skybox - could you post a screenshot of what is happening?

28. dogmachris

dogmachris

That is going to be fixed in the next update.

29. ivabibliocad

ivabibliocad

I’ve found the problem. I think someone else mentioned it some time ago. The thing is I also use another script called lighting-box 2. This dramatically enhances the look of things via post processing behaviors and the new render pipeline. The problem is that, in order to use that script, I have to remove the post processing folder imported with aquas and instead import a folder called “PostProcessing-2” downloaded from GitHub, which is supposed to be the latest one.
    That allows aquas to work just fine inside the editor but just fails to apply sound effects in the build. Then, as soon as I remove the lighting-box 2 script the sound comes back again. But 2 things are weird.
    In the first place, unity never suggests any errors in the console
    In the second place, everything works smoothly inside the editor, so I don't know where the problem is. I'm just very confused....

Anyway thanks for the help!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  30. AngelBeatsZzz

AngelBeatsZzz

1.Sometimes I received this error:

Screen position out of view frustum (screen pos 0.000000, 0.000000, 1205647.250000) (Camera rect 0 0 256 256)
    UnityEngine.Camera: Render(Camera)
    AQUAS_Reflection: OnWillRenderObject() (at Assets/AQUAS/Scripts/AQUAS_Reflection.cs:100)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility: ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

How can I fix it?

2.The white ripples flash very fast and look very uncomfortable. I tried to modify every parameter of "Clear Lake.mat" and it was almost no effect.
    20181105234321.jpg

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  31. jdoran

jdoran

I just bought Aquas today, and added it to a scene created with Gaia. I'm seeing a straight light-blue line in the water which I assume is a tile boundary. Is there any way to get rid of this?

Attached Files:

32. jdoran

jdoran

I am also seeing Aquas cut through trees in the distance. It is as if it is rendering over billboards. The effect is a tree cut in two by a water plane.

33. PDTokay

PDTokay

Anyone else getting this issue or know what I am doing wrong? When viewing at certain angles it removes reflection and changes colour

Attached Files:

34. ivabibliocad

ivabibliocad

The developer of the "lighting-box 2" updated the script to take advantage of the "Post processing package" from the new "Package manager". So now that part of the problem is solved, while aquas gives throws new errors to the console. I thinks this is due to the new Post processing package... so in my case I guess I'll have to wait for a new aquas release that makes use of that package instead of the included one... Is there a date sort of programmed for that?
    Thanks for the great support.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    dogmachris likes this.
  35. dogmachris

dogmachris

What do the error messages say? Maybe it's a simple fix.

36. dogmachris

dogmachris

Do you have occlusion culling baked?

37. dogmachris

dogmachris

Yes, AQUAS is rendering over the billboards, because it has a higher render queue. Go to AQUAS's inspector, there is a render queue editor. The render queue is set to -1 by default - this means it is using the queue specified in the shader, which is 3000. You can try setting it to 2800, that should solve the billboard issue. Be careful though with altering the render queue, it might have unwanted side effects.

As to the question with the borders. Shoot me an email, I can send you a simple script, that disables the borders while you're not in the water and enables them only when you go underwater.

38. dogmachris

dogmachris

The first issue usually occurs when the plane is too large. AQUAS will usually support really big planes (like 100 km or so) but at certain sizes, this error may pop up. I was never able to figure out where it comes from exactly, but it seems to be an error that has been popping up in Unity since 3.X.

As to your second question: You can adjust the brightness of the caustics in the Causitcs.mat. Does that help?

39. sadicus

sadicus

Hi, Where is the underwater "Wiggle / "Distortion" control, I don't want it on at all.

40. dogmachris

dogmachris

There are two lens objects as child objects of your camera. Select the underwater lens and have a look at the material settings. There you should be able to set everything as you need it.

41. anpd03

anpd03

Hi looking at different water solutions for my project and Aquas looks really nice! But as I understand it it's only flat water no actual waves?

42. dogmachris

dogmachris

That's right.

43. anpd03

anpd03

Any plans in the near future to add waves?

44. dogmachris

dogmachris

Working on AQUAS Ultra, which will be with physical waves, but it's going to run as a package of its own, not as an update to AQUAS.

45. anpd03

anpd03

OK, any release date planned? Will it also have river flowing into ocean support?

46. dogmachris

dogmachris

I hope to release a beta before the end of the year, I cannot guarantee it though. The feature you have in mind is planned, although, to be honest, I don't think it'll make it into the initial release.

47. anpd03

anpd03

Got it, will probably pick up Aquas for now as I need the rivers initially and they don't require waves. Thanks your taking the time to answer.

48. Evgenius

Evgenius

Hi again! Do you have any progress in my question? (Because I don't :( )

49. DavidBVal

DavidBVal

Hello, I am a new user of Aquas. I added it to one of my scenes and my first problem is that t all the lakes look dark brown, as they are reflecting the terrain beyond. I understand maybe this is what it *should* be looking like, but it looks very ugly in the end. What settings should I look into to adjust this into a more blue and less reflective color?

50. dogmachris

dogmachris

The color of the reflection blends in with the water color. If you increase the reflection intensity in the material settings to 100% the reflections will eventually have the exact same color as the terrain itself, below that value colors are interpolated. You might want to change the main color and the deep water color to achieve the desired look.