Search Unity

AQUAS Water/River Set - Water & Rivers for Mobile, VR, Web, Desktop

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by dogmachris, Jan 8, 2016.

1. dogmachris

dogmachris

This usually happens, whehn the water plane is just way too big. Have you tried using slightly smaller planes and tile them?

2. dogmachris

dogmachris

What about them?

3. dogmachris

dogmachris

With Distance based tiling, I'm afraid it has become almost impossible to prevent that from happening. I am working on getting world space UVs to work, to people don't have to use tiles anymore at all.

4. dogmachris

dogmachris

I'm afraid AQUAS will not help you in this situation. It can only render either afloat or underwater, not both at the same time.

5. mattis89

mattis89

well...Everything is white...

6. mattis89

mattis89

Nope.. I havent... how to?

7. dogmachris

dogmachris

The tiles may not be THAT small, it's just to give you an idea.

Could you post a screenshot about what underwater looks like? Does it happen in 2018.2 only or in 2018 in general?

8. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

How is 2.0 going?

9. dogmachris

dogmachris

It is still being worked on. If everything works out, I may have a beta on the store before the end of the year.

Mark_01 and Bartolomeus755 like this.
  10. mattis89

mattis89

Well now I dont use the underwater effects at all... But the problem really lies in ligtinthebox .. Its an asset that uses Unity ppsv2.. but also makes aquas look weird.. And I dont have it in the project now .

11. dogmachris

dogmachris

I see. It may be that both assets are trying to access global parameters such as ones affecting fog. This conflict might in turn cause underwater effects to look wrong, but I'll check it out.

12. sadicus

sadicus

Unity 2018.2.8
    How to get Aquas and Book of the Dead project working together? Following the instructions on the previous page about deleting Post processing.

Attached Files:

13. sadicus

sadicus

Unity 2018.2.8 + AQUAS
    How to do this? Import from where, the asset store?
    "To use the Unity Post Processing Stack v2, simply delete the old Post Processing stack from the Asset folder and import the new one."

Where exactly is "Quick Setup window"?

Deleted Aquas, re-imported, I do not see any AQUAS in the "Window"
    1. Import AQUAS
    2. Open the Quick Setup window – Under "Window" => "AQUAS" => "Quick Setup"

14. Kiwi-Hawk

Kiwi-Hawk

Here we go again trying to find errors jus to get Unity working

Assets/AQUAS/Scripts/AQUAS_LensEffects.cs(93,22): error CS0102: The type `AQUAS_LensEffects' already contains a definition for `postProcessing'

I walked away from Unity because wasted more time trying to fix stuff like this than doing anything. seems people still don't use unique coding to save double ups that are hard to find and create these errors. its so frustrating given it normally 12 hours or so before I get to fix and carry on because of my time zone

15. dogmachris

dogmachris

@sadicus @Kiwi-Hawk
    AQUAS tries to automatically detect which version of the post processing profile you are using. In some cases though, it might fail to do so. In that case proceed as follows:

Go to the Editor folder and delete the "AQUAS_AddDefine.cs" script. Then go to the scripting define symbols in the player settings and remove the entry for the post processing stack, that you do not require (either UNITY_POST_PROCESSING_STACK_V1 or UNITY_POST_PROCESSING_STACK_V2). Make sure the other entry, as well as "AQUAS PRESENT" remain in there.

Does that solve the issue?

I know this issue is tedious in times when people are using either one version of the pp stack or the other.
    I will go ahead and set the pp stack v2 as default version for Unity 2018 and see if that helps some more people.

16. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Sweet! What type of features are you planning on having in 2.0? I guess how will it be different than the current 1.0 versions?

17. mattis89

mattis89

Yes that I think they do. Thank you!

dogmachris likes this.
  18. Kiwi-Hawk

Kiwi-Hawk

Kia ora
    Found the script to delete BUT cant find where I delete this line I'm looking in Edit> Project setting> Player
    and can't see what I need this Then go to the scripting define symbols in the player settings maybe what I'm miss reading.

Opps I fogot to mention 2017.4.11f1 is the Unity version a mate was saying 2018 is a little new yet, might cause issues lol I was going to use the 2018 "Book of the Dead" version so I could score the rocks, trees etc and use the reralistic assets

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  19. tianmowuming

tianmowuming

hello,AQUAS 1.52,unity 3D 2017.3,HTC VIVE

When I compiled in unity, the AQUAS water worked well, but when I released it, the AQUAS had no underwater effects and no water effects, and I released the HTC VIVE.What's the solution?

20. dogmachris

dogmachris

I guess the most crucial feature will be the physical waves. Other than that it will be effectively infinite using a projected grid (which btw is planned for AQUAS too). Caustics will be procedural unlike the prerendered caustics in AQUAS. Same goes for foam caps. Underwater effects will be rendered more fluently, meaning there's not just afloat or underwater but also the fringe case in between where the camera it neither fully afloat nor underwater.
    Apart from that it will feature everything, that AQUAS features too.

mmaclaurin and SickaGames1 like this.
  21. dogmachris

dogmachris

You can find the scripting define symbols in the Player Settings under "Other Settings":

Does that help?

22. dogmachris

dogmachris

I think I have already sent you an email regarding this issue, but just in case it wasn't you:
    What do you see in the build? Could you provide screenshots or a more detailed description of what you see when you run the app?

23. zgegalail

zgegalail

Hi Dogmachris. I've got the same problem, it's hard to describe without seeing it in the headset but yes, the reflection looks displaced, especially when you turn your head left and right, even slowly, it's like it's not properly rendered for left and right eye and so the stereo effect doesn't look right.
    Is there any fix for that ?

24. zhuchun

zhuchun

Hi, I'm using Aquas(mobile shader) in a sewer scene, there's no directional light at all so the water looks completely dark. Is that possible to make the shader use emissive channel?

UPDATE:
    I've found that single color shader with an emissive channel but it's hard to tweak :eek:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  25. ivabibliocad

ivabibliocad

Hello. Is it possible to have 2 cameras with the underwater effects and sound scripts? I have a master plan with a fly cam and a fps. I change between both states but I can't seem to find a way to have the underwater effects on both cameras??

26. dogmachris

dogmachris

This happens when using realtime reflection in single pass stereo. I'm afraid, AQUAS can't do that. You may either use a reflection probe rather than realtime reflections. Alternatively you may either use multi pass rendering or try to get a pleasant look without reflections. I'm sorry I have no better advice for you on this.

27. dogmachris

dogmachris

The emissive shader may help a bit, but in the end AQUAS has been designed to work with realtime lighting - the shader can't process baked lighting. You may consider using a directional light for AQUAS and cull out other layers to minimize the performance impact.

zhuchun likes this.
  28. dogmachris

dogmachris

Hve you tried using the quick setup to hook up the cameras with the underwater effects?

29. ivabibliocad

ivabibliocad

• That was the first thing I tried. First choosing the second camera in the main Camera Space and I get an Aquas message that says "Aquas is already en the scene":
    • If I select the first person character and touch the button "Hook up Camera" nothing happens.
    Thanks for the great support!

30. dogmachris

dogmachris

That's weird - it should do it.
    Try the following:

Disable the other camera before hooking up the second camera.
    If that doesn't work, make the first camera a prefab, remove it, then hook up the second camera and then add the first camera back via prefab - does that work?

ivabibliocad likes this.
  31. ivabibliocad

ivabibliocad

Chris,
    It worked trying your first suggestion: "Disable the other camera before hooking up the second camera".
    Thanks

dogmachris likes this.
  32. jeromeWork

jeromeWork

@dogmachris I've got the same problem as above.

Getting repeatedly spammed in the console by
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Screen position out of view frustum (screen pos 0.000000, 0.000000, 30.000000) (Camera rect 0 0 256 256)
    2. UnityEngine.Camera:Render() (at ?)
    3. AQUAS_Reflection:OnWillRenderObject() (at Assets/AQUAS/Scripts/AQUAS_Reflection.cs:100)
    You mentioned that this is usually caused by having water too large, but I usually have no problem with a normal Gaia 2K Terrain where Aquas water plain auto generates as 153600x153600

This one where the errors spam the console is on a 512 Terrain with Aquas water plain at only 37500x37500.

What else can I do?

Thanks

magique likes this.
  33. mattis89

mattis89

What do you mean? .. Shouldnt I check the Virtual Reality box in the Player settings ?

34. JDrem1

JDrem1

Yes, indeedy, make sure VR is activated in Unity. ✔
    But... remember that Aquas does not work in "single-pass," only in multi-pass.
    I have seen a few people ask about this, and if SP coming in Aquas 2, but have not seen a definitive answer.

I am now having another issue.
    After some updates, and in a new project I'm working on.
    The edges of lakes, pools etc- (the foam) -shimmering in VR, in way its not supposed to.
    And even going through all the options, am yet to correct this.

But as to your question.
    Make sure that you are in the correct VR setting ticked. Oculus, / OpenVR etc,
    And that you have downloaded the SteamVR plug-in (if you are using Vive) and you should be good to go.
    Hope this helps.

When you get it all working, Aquas is utterly superb in VR. And is very VR (performance) friendly.
    Really looking forward to Aquas 2, with oceans, and waves... should be amazing.

mattis89 and dogmachris like this.
  35. unity_ZKmAi3Pl8d7eYA

unity_ZKmAi3Pl8d7eYA

Hi,

Thanks for a nice shader! however, all WebGL builds I compile have no visible water.. any ideas? Other builds look fine, I'm very new to Unity, as info. Go easy on me! ;)

Thanks in advance,

adamcheong likes this.
  36. dogmachris

dogmachris

Try the following:

1. Close and reopen the scene tab.
    2. If that doesn't work, you may have to delete and recreate the main camera.

Does any of the above solve the issue?

37. mattis89

mattis89

Allright, thanks for this! Im yet like super new to this VR developing, but at work we are going to make a rehab shoulder program so they can measure the shoulder angel and such... But a nice surroundings is a must :D

JDrem1 likes this.
  38. jeromeWork

jeromeWork

@dogmachris Those didn't work but it did lead me on to the problem. Thank you!

So for anyone else who might have a similar issue... I'm using an asset whose AI uses Orthographic cameras on each of the NPCs. I'd set those cameras to cull the water layer, but I hadn't set the AQUAS water plane to be on that layer. :rolleyes:

Mystery solved!

39. leeheppell

leeheppell

Hello dogmachris,

I am trying to add AQUAS to my scene and I am running into a number of errors. They are similar to some previously mentioned, 'The type `AQUAS_LensEffects' already contains a definition for `postProcessing'' and similar.

I have tried updating the scripting define symbols to UNITY_POST_PROCESSING_STACK_V1, and I have tried removing the post processing folder from inside AQUAS, but to no avail.

I am using AQUAS with UFPS, and a lot of these issues seemed to start when I imported the Unity Free Particle Effects pack.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Lee.

40. mattis89

mattis89

either way what pps verision you are using so delere the other from script define symbols in player settings, and comment out the entire aquas.addDefine script and Aquas.removedefine script..

dogmachris likes this.
  41. freeman08

freeman08

Hi all,

Just bought this asset today. We're happy with the result so far but for some reason reflection probes no longer work correctly.
    See image correct and incorrect. All I did was is to load the demo scene, add a sphere and an reflection probe and
    assign a shiny material to the sphere. The reflection probe is set to Realtime, refresh mode on awake.
    When I disable the Aquas stuff the reflection appears to be correct. However when I enable Aquas the reflections seem to be messed up.

How can we fix this?

Thank you

Attached Files:

42. dogmachris

dogmachris

As @mattis89 said, you need to either outcomment or delete the AQUAS_AddDefine.cs script.

Does that solve your issue?

43. dogmachris

dogmachris

Are you using occlusion culling in the scene?

Also do reflection probes work correctly, when disabling only the real-time reflection component of AQUAS or do you have to disable AQUAS entirely for the reflection probes to work correctly?

44. freeman08

freeman08

We are not using occlusion culling.

Disabling the AQUAS_Reflection (script) component from the AQUAS waterplane object solves the issue.

We are using Unity 2018.2.10f1.

45. mattis89

mattis89

Hey ! @dogmachris

Im using your water in VR with Oculus Rift, and when Im underwater it looks like theres 2 camera active and one of them is not using underwater effects, but its not ... Its like a line with no effects at the bottom of the "Screen"

46. sstrong

sstrong

We've just updated Landscape Builder to support AQUAS 1.5.3 and Underwater FX. It works fine with Post Processing Stack v1.x, however, can't seem to get it to compile in Editor with PP v2.

I'm testing the PPv2 (installed with Package Manager) with U2018.2.0f2 and AQUAS 1.5.3.

I've tried PP 2.0.13 and 2.0.14. Without AQUAS in the project, scripts compile fine in the editor. As soon as I add AQUAS, the wait progress icon in the lower right corner keeps spinning.

It seems to be a bug in the editor\aquas_adddefine.cs script. It seems to keep adding and removing the AQUAS and PPv2 defines (over and over again). If I delete that script it compiles.

Also, U2018.2 PPv2 is now located in the Packages project folder. v1.5.3 is looking in the Assets folder for the Post Process Resource file. Do you have a fix for that?

47. blacksun666

blacksun666

@sstrong from my memory from browsing the aquas forum it looks like there is a work around, you have to remove the adddefine.cs script and manually set the define in your unity settings to only include PPv2.

48. sstrong

sstrong

Yep. Looks like a bug in the adddefine script. Should be a simple fix.

49. Navartac

Navartac

Aquas does not work with Render HD pipeline. Chashea the Unity Editor.
    Any solution for this inconvenience or some planned patch?

50. sstrong

sstrong

That would be a complete shader re-write. HD Render pipeline is not compatible with existing standard Render Pipeline shaders. This isn't a AQUAS issue, it applies to pretty much all custom Unity Shaders.