Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Updated Unet source please

Discussion in '2017.2 Beta' started by Xype, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Xype

Xype

A lot of trouble was taken by a community member to fix the Unet issues after you ignored them. Now you have broken the fix with the 2017.2 beta, please give us your new source code so we can find out what you did that make our fixed files no longer work.

2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi Xype,
    Could you please be more specific? What Unet issues are you talking about? Do you have any bug report # to share?

3. larus

larus

Unity Technologies

The fixes done on a fork do not automatically appear in the next release, also if you are referring to the hlapi pro fork there are changes there which will not be merged over. So, taking fixes from a fork is a manual process, each case processed individually etc. There are some fixes in 2017.2 tho and I'll publish those to the bitbucket repo when the RC goes out (which is soon).

4. Xype

Xype

Oh I know hlapi pro is not an official fork, that is the one we need to fix up to match the 2017.2 though. Without the source on the changes we can't fix it up, that is all. I completely understand that is not an official Unity fork, but we would like to jump on fixing it to match, which is why I asked for a new source release. Thank you :)

HLAPI pro will not work on 2017.2 via our testing, and this is due to some changes that we can not see. if it is going to be open on a candidate that is fine, the repo says it will only go out on release, which imo is too late hehe. Thank you for your attention to this.

Arkade likes this.
  5. larus

larus

Unity Technologies

@Xype ah ok, I misunderstood then, I can release the source now for you if you need it sooner, and will just do it again on the RC then. So you can continue your testing. I don't expect there will be any changes between those two.