Search Unity

Updated to most recent Unity, and getting Gradle errors when building now

Discussion in 'Android' started by Nano_95, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Nano_95

Nano_95

Hi everybody,

I just updated to the most recent Unity, and also just downloaded Unity Hub. Through it, i installed the most recent Unity... 2019.2.3f1. I also installed the android package, including the NDK and SDK stuff. But, now when I try to build my projects... there is an error when it's at the end finalizing things with the Gradle :(

What seems to be most important out of the big pile of vomit that is spewed at my by the console, this is what seems important:

----------------

BUILD FAILED WITH AN EXCEPTION
    stderr[
    FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
    * What went wrong:
    A problem occurred configuring root project 'gradleOut'.
    > Failed to notify project evaluation listener.
    > org.gradle.api.tasks.compile.CompileOptions.setBootClasspath(Ljava/lang/String;)V
    * Try:
    Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.
    * Get more help at https://help.gradle.org
    BUILD FAILED in 15s

----------------

Would anyone be able to push me in the right direction on how to solve this?
    Thank you!

2. echtsang

echtsang

I solved this by unchecking the use custom gradle template option. This is in Project Settings > Player > Build > Custom Gradle Template. This is because I had upgraded my unity version and to get it to work I needed a custom gradle file, which had set the gradle plugin version to "classpath 'com.android.tools.build:gradle:3.0.1'", but it needed a higher version. Once I unchecked the use custom gradle template option, the generated "Temp/gradleOut/build.gradle" file set the plugin version to 3.4.0 and it fixed the problem.