Search Unity

updated Netcode from 1.0.2 to 1.1.0 - nasty error

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by VKyuzel, Nov 22, 2022.

1. VKyuzel

VKyuzel

Hello, I get a funny and horrible error after I updated Netcode from 1.0.2 to 1.1.0 --> When I start the server, every object is scaled well, but when I start the client, every NetworkObject gets a scaling automatically like 0.009259259 for x,y,z , anyone encountered the same problem? (the server has the correct scale, the client no!)

2. RikuTheFuffs-U

RikuTheFuffs-U

Unity Technologies

Hi @VKyuzel , that's pretty weird! Is the NGO update the only thing you changed before finding this issue? Is there anything else changing the scale of your objects in your game?

3. VKyuzel

VKyuzel

Before to update the library, I pushed everything and I tried again to see if everything was fine.
    About the scaling, I searched into the code every method with "scale" and I have only one but it's working only when I play a card from hand.
    I did a little workaround in this way: every components that are scaled in automatic, I call the method OnNetworkSpawn and I resize them as I found before, not very clean but it is working

4. RikuTheFuffs-U

RikuTheFuffs-U

Unity Technologies

Thanks for the answer @VKyuzel , but I'm not sure i understood: are you saying that everything worked fine right before the update to NGO 1.1.0, and that you didn't change anything else before the scaling issues started apearing?

Can you try adding a log there, to see if the method is called when the object spawns?

5. VKyuzel

VKyuzel

1. I didn't change anything before the update.
    2. What and how I should log inside the method "OnNetworkSpawn"? I know how to log with Debug.Log() a variable that I already know, but nothing more

6. RikuTheFuffs-U

RikuTheFuffs-U

Unity Technologies

Sorry, maybe I didn't express myself properly. What I meant was "can you add a log to the method you use to scale objects, so we can be 100% sure that it is not the cause of the scaling at spawn time?"

7. VKyuzel

VKyuzel

I had only one method that scale but it is never called at the spawn, I debugged it by server and client and I never access (Before update).
    I added the methods to scale at the spawn time after I updated the library, not before. (After update).

8. RikuTheFuffs-U

RikuTheFuffs-U

Unity Technologies

@VKyuzel thanks for checking! I just came across this, is it the same issue you're facing?

VKyuzel likes this.
  9. VKyuzel

VKyuzel

I can say that with the latest update of the library, everything is working right now. Post solved!