Search Unity

Question Updated Localization to 1.3.2; Old Localization Settings don't work

Discussion in 'Localization Tools' started by spwgd, Mar 8, 2023.

1. spwgd

spwgd

Is there a way to bring back my old Localization Settings so that they are compatible with Localization 1.3.2? I don't remember which version of Localization the settings were made with, but I think I used 1.0.5.

2. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

They should work. Selecting the asset should also give you the option to make it the active settings.
    Did you change anything else in the project?
    If you create a new settings file does it work?

3. spwgd

spwgd

Looks like I solved the problem. I deleted the Library folder from my project and Localization 1.3.2 can now read my old Localization Settings just fine. The Library folder was automatically re-created without causing any noticeable issues. Thanks anyway.

Not much was changed before I updated Localization. I updated Unity to 2022.2.9f1 from 2021.3.20f1 and updated one package (I don't remember what it was). Neither had an effect on Localization reading my old settings file. After updating Localization, new settings files can be made and read. I can't say the same about my old settings file. In Project Settings > Localization > Active Settings, the list of compatible assets when clicking on that circle only included the new settings file and not the old one.

karl_jones likes this.