Search Unity

[UPDATED] Introducing Amplify Bloom – Industry Level Post-Process Bloom

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Amplify_Ricardo, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Tanki X is a multiplayer tank-action game that’s out to prove that when it comes to tanks, there’s more than just thick shells and firepower!

Immerse yourself in an action-packed, colorful and explosive fiesta powered by Amplify Bloom and Amplify Color!

Amplify Bloom - Asset Store Page
    Amplify Color - Asset Store Page

Fully Functional Trial Versions - Download

Check out our full suite of Amplify Unity Products and find out what they can do for your project

2. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Killing Room is a first person shooter mixed with a rogue-like RPG and reality-show parody. You are an (un)lucky contestant in Killing Room, a popular reality-show in a decadent 22nd century. You know that there is only glory or death – with death winning in 99 out of 100 cases.

Battle for your life and fortune in a fast-paced shooter with visceral action and visuals that are augmented through expert and stylish use of Amplify Bloom and Amplify Motion, the extremely popular and high-quality post-processing solutions for Unity3D brought to you by yours truly!

Amplify Motion - Asset Store Page

Check out our full suite of Amplify Unity Products and find out what they can do for your project

3. 265lutab

265lutab

4. 265lutab

265lutab

Just noticed a bigger problem with the plugin. I am not getting any bloom effect in unity 2017.2 when single pass stereo is enabled. When I turn on the bloom debug view I can see bloom in the editor, but as soon as I press play it all goes black.

5. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Hello, thank you for getting in touch!

At this time, we do not officially support NVIDIA VRWorks, we'll add support at a later time if possible, apologies for the inconvenience.

Thank you for reporting this issue, we're going to investigate it and report back as soon as possible.

6. tspk91

tspk91

I have the same problem with single pass stereo in VR in 2017.2, no bloom is shown. :(

7. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Hello! Thank you for reporting this issue, we're still investigating the possible causes for this problem, we'll report back as soon as we have any further developments.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused!

8. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Clustertruck is a chaotic physics based truckformer. Jump your way through insane levels in a game of “the floor is lava” on top of speeding trucks driven by terrible drivers. The game only gets harder when dangers such as swinging hammers, lasers and flamethrowers are added!

Use agility and acrobatics through insane and challenging levels that are brought to life by Amplify Color!

Amplify Color (50% OFF!) - Asset Store Page
    Other Products (30% OFF!) - Asset Store Page

9. OP3NGL

OP3NGL

is there a way to view the bloom in editor mode?

10. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Hey there, thank you for getting in touch! You may use the Debug drop-down selection in the Amplify Bloom camera component to visually debug each feature individually while in the editor, through the game view, considering that the selected feature is active.

Edit: Just to be sure, did you mean to say "Scene View"? If so, I'm afraid that it's currently not possible, apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  11. OP3NGL

OP3NGL

when will it possible?

12. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

I've got in touch with you via PM regarding this situation, hopefully we can add this feature in a future update, thank you for your feedback!

13. OP3NGL

OP3NGL

it should be a default feature, esp for ppl who are working in VR, its hard to ping back & fore to fix the lighting i want

14. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

15. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Upon further investigation we've confirmed that, due to an Unity related issue, the editor must be updated to 2017.2.1p4 (64-bit) or higher in order for Single-Pass Stereo to function correctly, also make sure that you pick up the latest Amplify Bloom version from our website.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  16. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Richie's Plank Experience puts you on a plank, 80 stories high. Knees shaky, palms sweaty. You have a choice. Do you walk or do you freeze? Take part in 4 Bonus modes which include super-hero flying, nightmares, sky writing and a Santa simulator.

Use a physical plank for added immersion and experience the whole suite of exciting VR mini-games enhanced by Amplify Bloom and Amplify Color!

Check out our full suite of Amplify Unity Products and find out what they can do for your project!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  17. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Trickster VR: Co-op Dungeon Crawler is a procedurally generated fantasy adventure, starring floating islands, epic loot and a horde of orcs. Try your skills against orcish combat expertise, ancient magic and ragtag airships. Practice your accuracy and finesse, hunt for the weakpoints and fence the orcish chieftain in this skill oriented fantasy action!

Unsheathe your magic sword and give orcs hell among the ever changing landscape of burning skies and floating islands brought to life by Amplify Bloom and Amplify Color!

Check out our full suite of Amplify Unity Products and find out what they can do for your project!

18. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

BallisticNG is an action packed anti-gravity racer developed as a lover letter to the original Wipeout trilogy. Set in the year 2159 you glide through futuristic race courses armed to the teeth with deadly weapons to aid you in taking first place. Playing the game is all about getting into the zone and becoming one with the ship, practicing every nook and cranny of every track until you can do it with your eyes closed.

BallisticNG's assets are made with real 90s hardware limitations in mind to create an authentic retro 3D artstyle, which also supports modern graphical features and makes use of Amplify Bloom for a AAA, high quality bloom solution.

19. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Quick heads up for anyone interested in adding Amplify Bloom or any of our other products to their collection! We're part of the current Unity MADNESS SALE, be sure to check our full product offering for additional information.

MADNESS SALE - Amplify Products at 50% OFF!

Fully Functional Trial Version - Download

20. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

21. Korindian

Korindian

22. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Korindian and scvnathan like this.
  23. ksam2

ksam2

Is there a way to mask the sky? I don't want sky get any effects from amplifier bloom.

24. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Hello, thank you for getting in touch! Are you using the actual Unity Sky or is it a custom asset?

With Amplify Bloom you are able to exclude both dynamic and static assets, I'm providing you with a sample package for a masking method which you should be able to adapt to your project:

Bloom Mask Sample

By default, it masks both the sky box and the red cube, and it can be inverted through a toggle in the script to mask only the blue cube, while keeping the effect on the red cube and the skybox.

Note that the masking sample relies on a second camera that renders the objects mask using a very simple unlit color shader, e.g. white on black background (or vice versa), into a Mask Render Texture, the RT is then used to define which objects should have the bloom effect applied. Detailed instructions can be found in the Readme file included in the package Assets folder.

Please let me know if this helps, thanks!

ksam2 likes this.
  25. Yuki-Taiyo

Yuki-Taiyo

Hello,

I've bought Amplify Bloom (and Amplify Motion) some months ago and I'm satisfied with them.

I'm now experiencing an issue with Amplify Bloom for some reasons : the "Invalid Pass Number" error :

Invalid pass number (86) for Graphics.Blit (Material "Hidden/BloomFinal" with 1 passes)
    UnityEngine.Graphics:Blit(Texture, RenderTexture, Material, Int32)

It happened when I just checked the Starburst option which I don't use so often (or maybe there's a conflict with some assets I've bought today, but they're not Post Processing related). The Game screen is black when Amplify Motion is on in Editor and it stops all Post Processing effects in-game, with the error repeating in the console.

26. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Hello, thank you for your support, we're glad to know you're satisfied with our products!

Regarding the issue you're having, can you confirm that you're using the latest Amplify Bloom version, v1.2.0.001 – 14th May 2018? If not, feel free to download it from our website and import it into your project to see if the issue still presents itself.

If the issue is still present after importing the latest version, can you isolate it on a simple test project and share it for further examination on our side? You may send it over to us through our support@amplify.pt email.

Thanks!

27. Yuki-Taiyo

Yuki-Taiyo

So, I reimported the Asset and it works again. Yet it doesn't affect Emissive materials since recently and I don't know why. It worked in the Editor only by checking Allow HDR for a moment, but now I got nothing in Editor or In-Game for Emissive materials.

Edit : Nevermind, I just had to place Amplify Bloom over Post Processing Behavior in the inspector. I'll make sure to remember this detail in the future. :)

28. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been sorted out!

Don't hesitate to get back in touch if you come across any further issues.

29. brisingre

brisingre

For some reason Amplify Bloom is tanking my game's performance and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

Every few frames I get one with about 20ms of RenderTexture.SetActive.
    upload_2018-6-15_4-45-18.png

It could have something to do with an interaction with HXVL, but HXVL was working fine on its own, it definitely started lagging when I turned on Amplify Bloom.

My settings for bloom aren't particularly high, and those are the only image effects currently enabled.
    upload_2018-6-15_4-46-59.png

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!

30. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Hey there, thank you for getting in touch!

Could you send us a simple sample with the issue present over to support@amplify.pt, so that we may debug this on our side? Apologies for the inconvenience.

31. brisingre

brisingre

Sent an email to you with a zip of my project. It's not quite a simple sample but only one scene of it actually matters, I just didn't want to accidentally leave out something important.

I will see if I can reproduce it an an empty project -- somehow I doubt it though.

Thanks for your help debugging!

32. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

No problem, thank you for taking the time to send us a sample, we'll be sure to investigate it as soon as possible!

33. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Thank you for the sample!

We've examined the sample scene but, unfortunately, we're unable to replicate the issue on our side.

I requested some additional details via email. (specs, target platform, etc)

34. brisingre

brisingre

Replied to your email with specs; for now I'm willing to believe it was a Unity editor problem that has gone away with a reboot or something. i will let you know if I get it to happen again.

35. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

Is the bloom selective, that is can it be applied to only certain objects in the game and leave everything else untouched ?

Thanks

36. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Hello! Amplify Bloom supports masking, effectively excluding objects from the bloom effect, and we also provide a sample demonstrating how to generate dynamic masks here.

Please do note that the sample includes an outdated Amplify Bloom version, you may download an up-to-date trial version through our website and overwrite the one within or, if you have access to the full version, use that one instead.

37. nasos_333

nasos_333

Nice, thanks.

Is this operation also depth aware ? So one object with bloom partially occluded by a non bloom object will have partial bloom and the rest be hidden behind the occlude object ?

38. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

No problem!

While masking does allow to create that sort of effect, the effect itself is not depth aware.

nasos_333 likes this.
  39. nasos_333

nasos_333

Great, thanks

40. derkoi

derkoi

Hi,

I've been trying to add Bloom to my mobile project. In a blank test, everything works as expected but in my project things get a bit crazy (see screenshot)

I've tried copying settings from my project to the test project to try and get the same reaction but I can't.

I'm using Unity 2017.4.8f1

Is there anything specific I should be looking for?

Thanks

41. derkoi

derkoi

Hello, anybody there? :)

42. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Hey there, can you send us a sample with the issue present to support@amplify.pt, so that we may debug this issue on our side? Also, what is the target device?

Thanks!

43. derkoi

derkoi

Hi, I can't send a project as it's too big, and when I build a repro project it's not present.

Target device is a Samsung Galaxy S8 plus.

44. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Hello, you don't need to send the whole project, just a simple sample with the issue present so that we can examine it using the same data and settings that you're using, not to mention that it greatly speeds up the debug process while also enabling us to quickly pinpoint if there any AB related errors.

45. Meceka

Meceka

Hello, when HDR is enabled post process stack v1 bloom effect gives a very nice look to emissive materials. But for Amplify Bloom enabling/disabling HDR has no effect and emissive areas doesn't have higher bloom as I wished to see. Do I need to set anything special for it to work? Or is HDR unsupported?

Whatever560 likes this.
  46. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Can you share a screenshot of your parameters?
    What order are you using?
    What's your current Unity version?

We don't recommend using older PPS versions but we'll see what we can do based on your settings.

Thanks!

47. Whatever560

Whatever560

Hi,
    I've been using ProcessingStackV2 in the past. It was able to handle HDR emissive textures. Though I can't manage to have the same result with amplify bloom. It looks like anything above 1 intensity is treated equally.

EDIT : it has something to do with PostProcessing stack itself. Will try to hunt this down.
    EDIT2 : When disabling color grading it works. So it conflicts with it I gues.
    EDIT3 : It has something to do with the tonemapping

Using unity 2017.9.f1

PPV2
    upload_2018-9-8_22-31-56.png

Amplify + PPV2

upload_2018-9-8_22-30-45.png

Amplify + PPV2 (Without Color Grading)

upload_2018-9-9_9-37-24.png

Amplify + PPV2 (Without tonemaping only )

upload_2018-9-9_9-44-23.png

Final result without tonemapping, almost okay but some areas are too bright
    upload_2018-9-9_9-51-51.png

In the end tonemapping is not compatible, whatever settings I tried. Maybe an issue with the way unity handles it ?

Update : Just happen to see it is the same issue as above.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
    Meceka likes this.
  48. Whatever560

Whatever560

Hi, any news on why tonemapping of PSV2 is not compatible ?

49. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Hello, we deeply apologize for the delayed response!

Although we're not entirely sure of what might be causing this issue, we're going to have an in-depth pass on Amplify Bloom in order to investigate pending issues really soon, including the one you've reported.

We'll be sure to get back in touch as soon as we have any developments to share, thank you for understanding!

Whatever560 likes this.
  50. hungrybelome

hungrybelome