Search Unity

[UPDATED] ICECreatureControl v1.4.0 - creature AI for enemies, animals, monsters, zombies ...

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by icetec, Aug 11, 2015.

1. GWStudio

GWStudio

hi icetec .. how to make the ai exit cover attack the player and get in cover again because teddy cover in the tutorial scene just attack the player if the player get in front of the ai .. another question how to make crouch animation when the ai take cover .. i hope u understand me.

2. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Evening all,

One for the script users if possible. I'm scripting the ai major character traits and altering them via code using creature.status.hunger/anxiety/nosiness etc and all appears ok, I have sliders attached to these values and they change as I change them but the graph on ice that shows major character traits is not changing. the sliders under basics do update in ice but not the traits above. Any idea why that might be? It seems to not be fully working as I have an interaction that should work if Anxiety goes >85, figures shows it is but the interaction is failing on the >85 test.

On the screenshot attached you will see the anxiety etc in 20's below but in major traits read 0. I would imagine they should read the same.

Seems this part of ice can be a bit buggy, after altering the % options lower down Anxiety etc seem to be working now.

Does anyone know how to enable/disable interactions and or missions in code? Is there a discord or something more active for ICE that anyone knows of?

I think with a bit of community we could turn this asset into something really special. I have got a pretty decent AI animal now achieving around 20+ interactions with player and other AI and items but i'd love to chat we users who have gone to market using ICE or are close to.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  3. jokers44life

jokers44life

can anyone help me out i really would love to use this program i just bought it and i cant seem to use the setup wizard
    ok so i don't know what i did i just looked for support and after a while the wizard popped up ive got my guy plugged in doing a walking animation and hes walking but hes doing it sideways?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  4. anunnaki2016

anunnaki2016

25 CREATURE = kill my game - Serious?????????????

5. magique

magique

My current game development philosophy: If 25 creatures kills the game, then only use 24 creatures and move on to next compromise.

6. zenGarden

zenGarden

Far Cry 4 is max 25 enemies at same time, most of the time this is less.
    You need to create a game director component to control how many AI you spwan around player.

7. anunnaki2016

anunnaki2016

thanks bro i have fix the problem

8. neoshaman

neoshaman

But what about Dynasty warrior lol?

9. Enoch

Enoch

I would suggest finding out WHY ICE is doing this. Use the Profiler and see what in particular method call in the ICE scripts is causing the issue.

I say this because very recently I made fix to the way my ICE creatures were "searching" for targets. It turned out that ICE was doing an every frame O(n) search (where n is the number of entries in the creature register) of the Creature Register for each and every mob I have in game (so really an every frame O(n*m) search where m is the number of mobs). ICE of course has cache code that was supposed to prevent this, it was just failing in my certain case.

10. Jacky_Boy

Jacky_Boy

I suggest everyone start learnng to code lol. Thanks to this asset taking forever to update, I've successfully been able to build my own AI system that does the same as Ice and more. I'm glad for this experience, it made me desperate enough to learn C#. Take care guys and good luck on your games.

Ony, Mohamed-Anis, julianr and 2 others like this.
  11. zKici

zKici

I mean not just the update, no responses at all either.

Whatever I am trying out Emerald and Behavior designer... at least they respond!

Jacky_Boy likes this.
  12. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

If you do learn C# you could also build on the great foundation. I actually think ICE just needs the API opening up because what it does is fantastic. I just wish the documentation was more helpful to code the API. Having open conditions class, interactors class etc would be much more intuitive and would give total control of the AI and behaviours at runtime. Something you really need in developing open world type situation.

If I ever get a response from Pit I will ask him if there are further plans because I am thinking of expanding from ICE base, I have a very experienced C# coder in my team (I'm just game designer/average programmer) who could get it where it needs to be.

Jacky_Boy likes this.
  13. Jacky_Boy

Jacky_Boy

Yeah man, ICE is definitely the most unique AI asset I've come across. If Pit releases it under a CC or GNU license or something, I'm sure people can expand on it and do dome awesome crazy cool things. I already have my own setup so I don't mess with Ice anymore, but I do understand the frustration.

AndyNeoman likes this.
  14. Jacky_Boy

Jacky_Boy

BD is real sweet for humanoids especially, I used it in conjunction with my custom system and ICE (until ICE couldn't do what I needed) and it's working out great! Out of respect for Pit I'm not saying to abandon ICE completely. For the basic stuff it works, just saying it couldn't meet my demands anymore for various reasons. If I had lots of money and dedicated time I'd buy it from Pit and continue developing. Maybe someone else can make him an offer to keep ICE alive..hopefully soon. Wherever you are Pit I hope everything is ok

AndyNeoman likes this.
  15. julianr

julianr

It will get depreciated from the store before long (based on non support/bug fixes) - it's sad, but hopefully Pit is doing what he needs for recovery after his accident. Not sure if it support 2018.x yet though. I'm sticking with 2017.x

Jacky_Boy likes this.
  16. zKici

zKici

What kind of accident?

17. julianr

julianr

broken hip I believe.

18. zKici

zKici

ahh, alright then, in that case I am glad I didn't leave a review behind on the asset store.

Hopefully he is alright and spends some time on the computer while recovering, I have a setup in my bedroom the TV is on chains from the ceiling and can be tilted,

Wireless keyboard, ergonomic mouse, set... Should be easier for recovery,

Looking forward to the resurrection of this asset, it clear has much potential.

julianr likes this.
  19. julianr

julianr

It sure does - it needs one or two more updates with bug fixes for it to be complete. Making it easier to support 3rd party assets, even with API calls. Then all is needed is a truck load of tutorials and everything will be sweet! It will be easier to maintain with Unity releases then.

Last edited: May 4, 2018
    Jacky_Boy and AndyNeoman like this.
  20. PicturesInDark

PicturesInDark

21. wendymorrison

wendymorrison

Hi I was just wondering if there would be a way for a humanoid AI vault over a small fence and if there is bigger fences they climb over, or even go up and down ladders or even take cover etc. I had seen that ultimate Zombie AI system on the asset store and they have it where the Zombie AI can vault over a small wall and climb up a cube to get on top of it . It uses Off Mesh Link so was just wondering if Ice would be capable of doing that. If not I hope Pit sees this and maybe adds these features in.

Edit: Just found out that you can do this but its in experimental stage.

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  22. Mad_Mark

Mad_Mark

Can anyone tell me how to enable vertical movement using the Internal Motion & Pathfinding option?
    I am working on a space shooter and need my "creatures" to navigate up down and sideways.
    I thought that the VER button in the Behaviors drawer would do the trick, since it allows you to set the operating height, but it seems to set a random height and sticks to it.
    upload_2018-5-4_9-40-48.png

I am setting up my AI ships to move from planet to planet, and they are at varying heights in my 5000x5000x5000 unit scene.

Li'l help please.
    Mark

23. wendymorrison

wendymorrison

Does anyone know when the update will be up and ready because decided to do a separate install of the latest version unity 2018.1.0f2 to check out features and try some assests and IceCreatureControl doesn't work.

24. boysenberry

boysenberry

A broken hip is rough. I hope he recovers fully. Good to know what happened.

25. twobob

twobob

Get well soon :)
    upload_2018-5-9_3-47-28.png

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  26. wendymorrison

wendymorrison

Don't get me wrong I love Ice Creature Control , but was just wondering does anyone know of an another AI solution that has the regular updates and that the person answers questions for you and maybe one that will work in unity version 2018. Thanks in advance.

27. julianr

julianr

Emerald AI. It doesn't have everything ICE does though, but it's up and coming with regular updates - however development time is also shared with their other assets Crux and Unistorm. It's 50% off at the moment I believe.

What errors are you getting?

ICE CC is suffering right now with bad reviews, due to the lack of support/maintenance/updates for some time now - unless we get an announcement from Pit that an update is about to be released or he has hired/joined forces with another developer to help or take over ICE CC while he recovers from his accident. I fear that ICE will be no more in the next few months and it will get removed from the store.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  28. wendymorrison

wendymorrison

Thanks for replying. I have been keeping an eye on emerald and its starting to get good but my down fall is I have searched for tutorials but haven't found any for emerald, at least Ice has great tutorials.
    I am able to work with Ice creature control still but just in the unity version before 2018. Ice gives all sorts of errors when I tried 2018 so I was assuming its not compatible with 2018.
    I do love Ice creature control so I hope he will be back on his feet soon. But even before the accident the support from him was shocking but other people ended up helping with any problems with it anyway.

29. AGregori

AGregori

@Jacky_Boy How much time did it take for you to learn to code well enough to create a custom AI system?
    I'd like to get good at C# too eventually.

Jacky_Boy likes this.
  30. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Emerald sounds great and uniform is one of my fav assets. Dev is also very respons8ve and helpful. I'm not sure it could do what I need though.

I'm simulating gorilla behaviour and social interactions in a troop. How in depth is the behaviour system? Can you add custom conditions like in ice? I also have a mating system and ai giving birth etc. If it could do all that I think I would consider moving but I may just carry on adding to Ice. tough choice, I real shame there seems no future here.

31. julianr

julianr

@wendymorrison / @AndyNeoman

Stick with ICE CC if you can. When I get time I'll take a look at 2018 and see what errors throw up. I've decided not to upgrade each time a new version of Unity comes out until I can release a game or it's vital to upgrade. I'm close to release now and a few updates later I may try and upgrade to 2018 and see if its worth doing so.

Emerald AI version 1.0 had a Breeding system, but it was removed once Emerald AI version 2.0 was re-written - it's being re-added in the next release I believe - it does have an API. I'd suggest taking a look at the Emerald forum see what it can do and ask some questions. No support for networking right now, but I presume its on the list and some people have had success in making it networked.

I've yet to get ICE CC to work with Invectors 3rd person controller - not sure if it will require much work. I will use ICE CC over Emerald if I could get it to work as ICE CC seems more battle tested with lots of AI. But not having much time at the moment.

AndyNeoman likes this.
  32. zKici

zKici

No direspect to ICE but to be honest for simple AI I'd recommend right away to go to Emerald, it is very easy to get the hang of it and works smooth as far as I tested it.

if you want to do more, I'd suggest Behavior Trees, then you can be in full control and have a neat visual debugger.

unlesss ICE gets an update I am no longer using it.

33. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Yeah, I am sticking to 2017.x for this release so unless some absolute deal breaker happens I can stay with Ice. It's so close to being what I want. I can create attributes and add functionality, I just need to dig into the code and find out how I instantiate a set amount of certain AI (my gorilla troop) when I save/load the game as I have already figured out how to return the correct attributes. Ideally I would love to be able to uncheck/check interactions at runtime but now I can add conditions I can do it that way instead if need be.

Tethys and julianr like this.
  34. Tethys

Tethys

Everytime I look at Emerald Im reminded how weak it is lol. People have asked for Non Nav-Mesh based movement since Emerald was announced. Emerald is just a super weak, IMO, because it only has one method for doing agent navigation, and its for the most part the worst way available in Unity (at least in regards to flexibility). I still stand by ICE as being the best on the asset store IMO. If you're developing a modern game you should probably know enough C# to at least extend the systems to make up for what is missing, which seems to be very little really when it comes to ICE.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    AndyNeoman and julianr like this.
  35. julianr

julianr

How do you handle interiors without Navmesh, or is your game all outside?

36. Tethys

Tethys

Both of my projects are mostly outside. However, I experimented with procedural dungeons and static dungeons as well. Using layers, waypoints and obstacle avoidance I was able to get AI to wander and navigate fine(the basics anyway) without Navmesh.

julianr likes this.
  37. anunnaki2016

anunnaki2016

Helloo all,

script - ice world network spawner create me much probleme

Well is for ufps mp - if i create room and have creature spawn and other players join me i get this error and other players come invisible ;( i need your help, now 3 month i try fix this error but not success

Received OnSerialization for view ID 1001. We have no such PhotonView! Ignored this if you're leaving a room. State: Joined
    (Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

i need help please

38. AGregori

AGregori

It ain't that bad. I'm using it for outdoor pedestrians and indoor roaming NPC's in the same scene. It performs well thanks to its NavMesh support. Plus it was nearly completely rewritten from scratch and updated several times since ICE was last updated.

Akshara likes this.
  39. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Extending the system is fine but the API has no docs as far as I can see so even features that are there are hard to find. That's main problem. In the docs it says you can enable/disable interactors, an excellent option but no one knows how to do it - the docs should list an example API when showing the feature.. There is no API listed and Pit does not answer skype anymore. It's a shame because I'm happy to help people with what I know about ICE but there is only Pit that can help with some hidden options.

Tethys likes this.
  40. Tethys

Tethys

No doubt man, agreed. It's a powerful complex system that certainly needs that.

41. julianr

julianr

AndyNeoman likes this.
  42. julianr

julianr

43. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Yeah, I have been using that but the only option I have seen withh interactors is readyonly so not sure how to write to it. No doubt it is there but on a complex system like ICE there are hundreds of objects and finding the right one can be needle in a haystack, Learnt a lot from that doc but still not got what i need yet.

Maybe your link below with enable/disable mission will give me clue - i am importing the package now to see. Rest assured if I find out i will post here.

julianr likes this.
  44. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

This has some excellent information to help understand some of the scripting side. I'm knee deep in creating a save system at the moment but I think it has helped me get to the interactors in code (need to test). One more thing if anyone knows, can you spawn a set number of certain creatures on start through code?

My save system is working up to the need to repopulate a given number of AI troop members on scene load. I've got the data saved for AI's stats but I just need to call a method (if it exists) to spawn myCreature(troopMembers).

Tethys and julianr like this.
  45. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

I've found what i need within this reference. :) The secret sauce is in the public member functions. It details how you call methods such as Spawn();

For information:- get a reference to your creature register. You can then use this instance to spawn gameobjects referenced with transform position and rotation set.

Example*

public ICECreatureRegister IceCreatures; //you can assign this public instance in the inspector.

IceCreatures.Spawn(troopGorilla, playerPosition.position, Quaternion.identity);

The more you know about ICE the more realise you don't know about ICE.

Getting there slowly the documentation takes some reading....

nirvanajie and julianr like this.
  46. Xx-Dr-Pepper-xX

Xx-Dr-Pepper-xX

I created these actions a while ago.
    Please feel free to DM if there are other actions you would like to see.

AndyNeoman and julianr like this.
  47. wendymorrison

wendymorrison

I'm still with Ice Creature Control At the moment. I have a zombie roaming around like they always do and i have it where if you shoot the lower leg it goes to a zombie crawl with a bit of help with the dismembering asset which works great. I've also got dynamic decals working with this which is also great but is there a way if you shoot the zombies lower leg and then it goes into a crawl and stays in the crawl state until the zombie reaches the player and then stands up from the crawl to attack. After a certain time it stands back up and starts walking around again.

48. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Yes. I would create a custom condition bool for (dismembered) then have interactions based on if the zombie was dismembered (dismembered attack). Then in the conditions set if Dismembered is true and give it a higher priority than non dismembered attack interaction.

49. wendymorrison

wendymorrison

I did work it out sort of but I wasn't sure what you meant sorry because I don't code, That's why I'm using this asset.

50. wendymorrison

wendymorrison

I was wondering if I change to rigidbody instead of doing navmesh how do you do collisions. I have got walls set to obstacles layer but no collision work. I've always used navmesh but root motion doesn't work on navmesh, the creature just looks like it is sliding so I switched to rigidbody and root motion works but the creature goes through walls though.