Search Unity

[UPDATED] ICECreatureControl v1.4.0 - creature AI for enemies, animals, monsters, zombies ...

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by icetec, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Mohamed-Anis

Mohamed-Anis

2. lod3

lod3

Really sorry to hear this. Get well, @icetec.

3. Teila

Teila

@icetec, So sorry to hear about your accident. I am glad that you are finally home and recovering. Take care of yourself. Unity an ICE will still be here when you are feeling better.

Sending good healing thoughts your way from me and my team!

Wish there was a flowers emote!

4. danteswap

danteswap

oh my god , take good and time for yourself sir i am glad that you r alive because i was afraid that something wrong has happened to you but , indeed it was wrong but glad to hear you r good now

5. PicturesInDark

PicturesInDark

zenGarden and danteswap like this.
  6. danteswap

danteswap

7. su9257

su9257

Hello :cool:ICE Creature Control recently tried to learn to use ice, according to the documentation of the instructions is very difficult to grasp quickly, is it possible to do some simple stand-alone function demo, because the DEMO as a tutorial is too complicated, and I try very hard To distinguish, TargetMovePositionDistance, TargetDistance, TargetOffsetPositionDistance their difference, the result looks very similar. (I am using Google translation tools to write these, do not know if you can understand), looking forward to your reply, ICE supporters @icetec

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  8. zenGarden

zenGarden

If it's auxiliar what do you use for your main AI system ?
    Anyway nice game, it looks good.

9. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Not entirely true. Unity as a market has seen huge growth. New users look to the best in category so an asset unlike a game as the potential for a huge tail with big spike uplifts on release of new versions/features and sales of course.

There are many assets first released years ago that are selling very well week in week out.

magique and zenGarden like this.
  10. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

I wish you all the best Pit. A speedy and full recovery.

11. su9257

su9257

My needs are like this, a bunch of pigeons, long-range targets flying, doing some action after landing, short-range targets moving around, or occasionally doing something out of the action, but after adding multiple Interaction, the pigeon's AI Made me very bad, hoping to get everyone's reminder or help, ICE supporters @icetec

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  12. zenGarden

zenGarden

Yep, like ProCore i baught long time ago, this is a solid plugin and now it's part of Unity.

13. PicturesInDark

PicturesInDark

Tactical AI. For some enemies is more convenient TAI and for other ICE AI

In the first video you can see Drons with ICE AI

For tripods, the ones with tree blue lights are in ICE AI

boysenberry, Tethys and zenGarden like this.
  14. PicturesInDark

PicturesInDark

Thanks, yes is a hard work and I am going to finnish in some months. It is important for me you give me hope and your opinions. Look at my videosThanks

15. Tethys

Tethys

Its real close to update time so probably a bit late for a feature request but I'll just put this out there anyway. @icetec not sure if it's possible but for the TAG option for Interaction, it would be real grand if this parameter could take multiple tags. The optimization result being not having to have the same attack routines written out three times for 3 different targets when in this case the attack routines are all the same, just the target is different. Thanks in advance for listening.

16. su9257

su9257

This is a powerful resource, but it is difficult to master. In the first five days, I can only understand some simple uses. Although there are video tutorials, document tutorials, and scene tutorials, they are really too complicated and many functions are Integrated in a scene tutorial, I can not know how to use each function. I contacted you in the forums and emails, but I didn't get a reply. The potential of ICE is huge, but there are still many deficiencies. I hope that these deficiencies can be improved in the next version. Look forward to your reply, ICE supporters @icetec

17. nomax5

nomax5

Get well soon matey !!

I bought ICE - I've had it on my wish list for ages, I thought it a good time to add a little support.

Cheers

Roy

julianr likes this.
  18. nomax5

nomax5

Anyone used ICE with Malbers little dragons?

I’m struggling a little with it, I think partly because there is a lot of animation going on in the dragons package and then Ice is trying to control some animations too.

But it’s mostly because I'm new to ICE and don’t understand it.

Little dragons comes with a really good animation controller that does:

Locomotion Walk Trot Run (with turning) based on a couple of floats Horizontal and Vertical
    Swimming (with underwater) works on the same Horizontal and Vertical and additional UpDown float value
    Flying works like swimming underwater.

Then there are a bunch of bools Flying Swimming Dead etc. and a little ID system to control eating happy sad etc.

So basically I’m wanting ICE to do the descision making where to go and what to do.
    and just set the Parameters on the animation controller if that is possible.

anyone got any help or advice or experience with Malbers?

Cheers

Roy

19. danteswap

danteswap

Yeah Sure

20. Carmexx

Carmexx

Hi Guys,

Anyone got ice 1.4 working with photon pun and using pools. I just cannot seem to spawn, anyone got the steps required ? Well one creature spawns but no more..

Regards

Carme

21. Alex3333

Alex3333

on the client side of the problem with this - ((((On the master everything is fine.

22. Carmexx

Carmexx

I got it working. I had mixed old ice components, did a proper clean install of 1.4, set it back up, works fine.

So I now have photon pun, pool working un-synchronized creatures so no pun messages or network being transmitted - as I wanted. I do not want some creatures to be synchronized but local to each client. not sure what problem you have Alex3333 but i have it fully working for multiple pun clients, not just the master. I can create a video if you want on a demo scene if needed for you.

Alex3333 likes this.
  23. Alex3333

Alex3333

That would be wonderful. Do it please

24. julianr

julianr

Does anyone have 1.4 working with Invector Shooter and can share the changes made to taking damage from the AI and hitting AI to take damage? It doesn't work in 1.4 as Invector made changes?

25. AxelBoltok

AxelBoltok

Hello, maybe to someone it already happen this, sometimes (really low chances) my npcs are invisible i cant see them however they can hit me and chase me (i look in the editor) however i cant hit the collider with my raycast or see them, this happens reallly 1 every 100 times, however it still happens, does anyone had this problem and know how to fix it?, Thanks.

26. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Good morning all, I hope your projects are going well, :).

I am looking through the docs but if any can direct me how to enable/disable interactions at runtime with code it would be a big help. I have an external value for how a AI views the player and depending n those value I want them to perform different interactions.

Thanks Andy

lawsochi likes this.
  27. Vampyr_Engel

Vampyr_Engel

Excuse me can this be used for A.I on a sphere as I am making a game where players and A.I fight in Space and on actual cyberplanets not DFT (Dynamic Flat Terrain) plus can this make A.I drive/fly A.I vehicles both Friendly, enemies and neutral? Plus can this be used for FPS/RTS Games?

28. vertigostudios

vertigostudios

Hi Guys, I've recently purchased Ice Creature Control.

I'm trying to implement Malbers animations : Poly Art Deer

After finding a tutorial on how to setup the ice creature the poly art deer appears to just skate along the ground.

Basically I'm stumped. has anyone else tried to use any of Malbers assets with Ice Creature Control.

I cant believe that there's only a handful of tutorials to help with Ice as its a very complicated and overwhelming system. The tutorials that are available are for previous build releases.

29. vertigostudios

vertigostudios

Did you get this working at all ?

If I would have known about the LACK of tutorials and forum support I would have given Ice a wide birth.

30. boysenberry

boysenberry

Have you tried PMing @icetec or emailing to get support?

31. danteswap

danteswap

Hello guys , I was Just Testing the Sawn system and I Added My player reference as spawn position for all the creature , So Now All Creatures Spawn in a predefined random distance offset from player , i mean wherever player goes all creatures spawn at random locations around player which is what i want , But now the Only main Problem is that is my player is near a river or ocean the creatures spawns into the water but i want to prevent that also i want to add certain rules like spawn with respect to height , like only some creatures spawns at particular height and others not , so first of all how can i prevent creatures from spawning in grounds under water ?

32. nomax5

nomax5

Yes I have you can set variables that are defined in the mecanim system from within ICE, Im still very much learning about ICE though.

I am still very pleased with ICE I strongly suspect that any problems I have are due to my lack of knowledge about ICE and AI programming in general.

As for the lack of support:
    If you have an accident in January and get home from hospital in March it's pretty safe to assume it's not just a stubbed toe.
    If I'd have known I would have bought it sooner, there has been a lot of hard work and passion gone into ICE there is nothing that comes close to it IMHO on the asset store.

Do you know how much of my tiime you get for $45 ......err sorry you're out of time ;-P

nirvanajie and boysenberry like this.
  33. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Nope.

34. vertigostudios

vertigostudios

Do you mean that I'm not entitled to support for paying £49 ? or you just being a typical Yorkshire pudding ?

boysenberry likes this.
  35. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Hello all, Has anyone got the an idea how to control when the AI get hungry or tired. Is there anything built in I have missed or do you just script it yourself and then tell the AI to decrease its stamina etc..

I've not got a problem doing it myself just thought I would ask first instead of reinventing the wheel if there is a setting I have missed.

36. AGregori

AGregori

Icetec is actually quite helpful on his own forum at icecreaturecontrol.com/forum-news/.

37. AGregori

AGregori

Well, Emerald AI is kind of tiptoeing closer to ICE quality-wise, but ICE is still unique. I'm a fan, but we need to accept that Icetec is marching to the beat of his own drum, even without his nasty accident. Get well, Pit.

julianr likes this.
  38. julianr

julianr

Just the ice'ing on the cake that's needed to make it perfect. I'm keyed up to do some video tutorials soon, as long as I can get Invector working with it - I'll be able to move forward

39. su9257

su9257

Expect more detailed tutorials that are important for beginners

40. nomax5

nomax5

Like many things from Yorkshire the comment was on the surface a bit of fun "Tongue in Cheek" if you like.
    It also expressed my opinion that at $49 this software is an absolute bargain

But if you have “Yorkshire” genes you will have also understood the cheeky hidden message that was…
    “don’t ask me!”

Cheers

Roy

41. nomax5

nomax5

LoL :rolleyes:

julianr likes this.
  42. TidyDev

TidyDev

Hi all, just purchased ICE today and was following the tuts for the mechanim setup. All was good until I saved the scene, know all the params I setup on my creature have gone :'( Anyone had this issue & has advice to resolve it?

Thanks in advance :)

43. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Hi there, You need to save all the different settings. I.E interactions, behaviours etc...

44. magique

magique

I saw this before and reported it to the author who claimed it couldn't be fixed even though thousands of other assets serialize their inspector properties just fine. The way I got around it was using the save feature within the ICE inspector to make sure each creature had its properties saved to a file. Just one of the reasons I don't use this product anymore.

AGregori likes this.
  45. AGregori

AGregori

Adventure Creator went the extra mile and it gives an automated random ID number to variable-based components, which is then of course saved to disk. But I also know sloppy assets that just ignore this issue.

46. TidyDev

TidyDev

My work around was to design the animation behaviors for the creature and then store it as a prefab instead of saving the scene. If I need to update the animations at all I pull the prefab in and make the changes then apply the prefab again.

Maybe look into the way that the Network Animator can keep track of the AnimationController params?

Thanks for the advice though, one quick question. I had developed my own damage system, how I would I apply damage to an ICE creature that is using stats via code?

Cheers again :)

47. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

You want add using IceCreatures namespace, then grab a reference for your IceCreature and then subtract from Durability I think. They are all listed anyway if you are using VS IDE.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
    TidyDev likes this.
  48. TidyDev

TidyDev

Perfect mate, worked like a charm cheers :)

49. Alex3333

Alex3333

Pit in how many days to wait for us to update ??

50. julianr

julianr

It's gone all quiet - no replies to skype either.