Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[UPDATED] ICECreatureControl v1.4.0 - creature AI for enemies, animals, monsters, zombies ...

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by icetec, Aug 11, 2015.

1. icetec

icetec

Hi Jon! Hi mbowen89!
    I'm sorry for my late response. I was out of the office and couldn't answer you earlier.

I like your Idea and it’s already possible to realize that with the given version. Within the Assets/ICE/Shared/Scripts/Public/ICEObjectLabel/ folder, you will find the ICEObjectLabel.cs script, which you can use to realize it. Just drag&drop the script to the desired creature and define the text, but I’ll prepare also a special debug label, which the user can use without scripting, just by select the desired in-game information – it’s not a big deal, so I’ll provide a download of the modified script asap on the homepage.

That’s right! I currently rework the advanced Selection Criteria. All of this was already included but the handling of such complex rules was terrible and confusing and therefore I’ve removed this part to provide a stable version. You can see fragments of this if you activate the ADV flag of the Target Selection Criteria! The complete integration comes with the next version!

The most default values are already stored in a separate configuration script but I’ll will find also a way so a user can easily adapt the default values as desired without open a script.

That’s already included, you can add additional behaviour rules, so you could have an unlimited number of animations if you want. Please open the behaviour section to see all behaviour modes. Select the desired mode and press the ADD button to add a new rule to the selected behaviour mode.

You only need the LegController and LegAnimator scripts of the Locomotion system and ICECreatureControl, the Leg Animator controls the legs of your creature and ICECreatureControl handles all the rest.

But I see where the problem is, the Animation Popup will be hidden if an animation component is already attached. I’ll fix this directly, but you can solve it also, just add an animator component in addition to the animation component, then the Popup will be visible and you can select NONE. Btw. it could be that the inspector will not show the popup, in such a case just deactivate the animation component and activate it again as soon the Animation Popup is visible. I’ll prepare a small demo directly … works really fantastic together - looks beautiful. But Locomotion doesn’t support Mecanim animations and will also no longer supported, so it necessary to adapt the Locomotion script by hand for using it in Unity 5.

Have a nice day!

Pit

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
    jonfinlay likes this.
  2. Artificialized

Artificialized

Hello I was searching through the asset store and stumbled upon your asset "Ice Creature control",I was very impressed with the video of you demostrating the asset on your website. Before i go and purchase your asset I have a few questions since its requires unity 5.0.1 or higher and im using unity 5.1.3 at the moment does this mean this particular asset "Ice creature Control" is compatible with the new "Unet Multiplayer Networking solution" also will it effect ingame performance?Say i have like 50 Npc Enemy creatures in 1 scene and i kinda have a idea of how the data stream has to process, the more polygons/tris a Npc has will put a heavier load on the network server but will this asset effect my ingame performance over the network?

One last question is it possible if this asset could be integrated with Third person Controller asset by opsive?

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
    icetec likes this.
  3. icetec

icetec

Hi Cascadex,
    many thanks for your commendatory words! ICECreatureControl just steering your creature and doesn’t handle networking procedures, therefore you can use this asset with each available networking system. Step-by-Step I’ll provide further tutorials and example scenes how to combine several solutions and for sure I’ll also provide a demo for the new unity networking system, but for now I have the experience with Photon Unity Networking and with PhotonView it’s really easy to implement a creature and I think, you will have the same results by using the NetworkIdentity and NetworkTransform script of the new Multiplayer and Networking system. And of course the number of creatures will affect the in-game performance (rendering and networking as well), but that’s a general phenomenon, especially if all the creatures will be visible at the same time. The network traffic of one single creature will be minimal, but in addition to the traffic based on the number of creatures, the server have to send all the information also to each connected client, with what the traffic will nearly double by each player.

Here you can see how ICECreatureControl (v1.0) handles a large crowd of creatures …
    http://www.ice-technologies.de/unity/ICECreatureControl/ICECreatureControlTutorial.html

In addition to that the next version provides also an improved pool management, which allows the culling and additive loading of creatures.

I’m sorry because of the Opsive’s Third Person Controller, but I don’t know this asset and therefore I can’t say something about it, but I’m nearly sure that it will be possible to realize an adapter as I have already done for UFPS – should not be a big deal!

I hope my answers will be helpful to you and please feel free to contact me again if you have any further questions.

Have a nice day!

Pit

4. Artificialized

Artificialized

Thankyou very much for your quick informative response i decided that this was the right asset for my needs i look forward to the future of this asset and its updates :D ill leave a small basic detailed review when i get to using everything properly.

Many thanks,

Josh

icetec likes this.
  5. icetec

icetec

Hi Josh, thanks a lot - I hope my product can fullfil all your requirements and you'll enjoy the work with it! Please feel free to contact me whenever you have problems, questions or suggestions, but I'm also open for any kind of constructive criticism :)

For your first steps you can visit also the support homepage http://www.icecreaturecontrol.com/ where you will find further information, such as the FAQs, some examples and the bug tracker.

Have a nice day!
    Pit

6. mkgm

mkgm

Awsome!!!
    I'll buy tomorrow... Bought :)
    Thanks for the great asset :)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
    icetec likes this.
  7. mkgm

mkgm

icetec likes this.
  8. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Is it compatible with playmaker?

icetec likes this.
  9. icetec

icetec

Hi Devision4,
    ICECreatureControl is compatible with PlayMaker. Here you can find an adapter script and a small scene which demonstrates how to use it. Currently the adapter provides the access to the active target, behaviour and movement values of a creature and allows you to change the fitness values. I’ll improve the adapter step-by-step to include more values and features, but it’s also easy to implement the desired features by yourself and in cases you can’t find a solution or if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

http://www.icecreaturecontrol.com/files/adapter/ICECreaturePlayMakerAdapter.unitypackage
    http://www.icecreaturecontrol.com/files/examples/ICECreaturePlayMakerDemoScene.unitypackage
    http://www.icecreaturecontrol.com/files/webplayer/ICECreaturePlayMakerDemo.html

Have a nice day!

Pit

spesimen and pushingpandas like this.
  10. icetec

icetec

Hi mkgm, for Final IK I’ll do it certainly, because of the Bone controller and Ragdoll Workshop I’m not sure, I don’t have experience with this components but both looks very interesting, especially the foot placement motor of the bone controller is cool. Works like rune’s locomotion but works with mecanim – that’s cool!!!

Edit: Bone Controller works fine with ICE, also without adapter but I'll provide one to improve the behaviour support.

11. jonfinlay

jonfinlay

Hey Pit! Just a two quick questions:

1. Would the animals continue moving with their thirst/hunger, etc levels changing in the following situations (I'm assuming they wouldn't, just thought I'd check):
    a) If they were culled (using the LOD group).
    b) Occlusion Culling
    c) If the terrain hadn't loaded (in the case of using a scene streamer).

2. Could their thirst/hunger, etc levels be shown using the following ToolTip asset (it says values are automatically pulled at runtime) https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/44361

Thanks

icetec likes this.
  12. icetec

icetec

Hi Jon, as I’ve already mentioned in my pm, the described topic are dependent how the creature will be handled during the runtime. As long as a creature is only invisible or deactivated, the status values will not adjusted to zero, but if the will be destroyed while switching the scene, it will lost its values. To cover this, you can already activate the DontDestroyOnLoad flag in the essential settings or if you are using a scene streamer place the ICECreatureRegister and all the creatures in the main scene. Here a small example how it works with the free scene streamer asset.

http://www.icecreaturecontrol.com/files/webplayer/ICECreatureControlTutorialSceneStreaming.html

The new version should handle all these streaming and culling parts automatically, just by define the desired solution – it’s a little bit tricky to cover all several approaches, but I’ll do my best.

… you mean something like this? ;)

At this point also many thanks to the guys of ModelShark Studio to support me and btw. ProTips it’s really a great asset (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/44361)

I hope that my answer will be helpful for you, but if you have any further questions just contact me …

Have a nice day!
    Pit

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
    jonfinlay likes this.
  13. jonfinlay

jonfinlay

Excellent Pit! Cheers for doing that

icetec likes this.
  14. icetec

icetec

Dear Customers,
    while testing ICECreatureControl 1.0 with Unity 5.2.1f1, the asset importer crashed during the import and I got a failure with the lightmaps of the demos scenes. It’s a bug in some versions of Unity 5.2.x but there are already Unity Patches (Patch 5.2.1p2 or higher) to fix this issue, otherwise the last production version of Unity without the crash is 5.2.0f3. Here you can find further information about it: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/unity-5-2-1-crashes-on-fbx-checked-generate-lightmaps-uv.356859/

Btw. you can also deactivate the lightmaps of the demos scenes in the asset importer before importing ICECreatureControl or delete the demo lightmaps before open the included demo scenes in Unity 5.2.1f1.

Have a nice day!
    Pit

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  15. icetec

icetec

Hi guys, here you can find some interactive tutorials which will be included in the next version, but they are also helpful to understand the move and target settings in the given version, so please feel free to change the move and target values to see the effects and their interplay.

Btw. further information you can find on the ICECreatureControl homepage …
    http://www.icecreaturecontrol.com

Have a nice day!

Pit

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
    jonfinlay likes this.
  16. paulojsam

paulojsam

i wonder if this works with multiplayer or its single player UFPS only

17. icetec

icetec

Hi paulojsam, ICECreatureControl works fine with PUN and UFPS, just add the ICECreatureControlUFPSAdapter and the PUN NetworkView component to your creature and the ICECreatureControlUFPSPlayer script to your player. The only thing which is a little bit fiddly is the naming of your player during the runtime, because the name of the main player will be changed while your game is running and if you are using the original ‘editor’ name, the creatures will ignore the player, so make sure that you are using the runtime name of your player if you define him as an interactor.

I hope my answer is helpful to you but feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

Have a nice day!

Pit

18. MrIconic

MrIconic

Beyond all the things that make me excited for this asset- the noticeable developer support on here and with the amazing adapters and price...

You're doing an amazing job @icetec

Buying this.

Al- and icetec like this.
  19. icetec

icetec

Hi Blueberry, thank very much for your commendatory words. I hope ICECreatureControl will be helpful to realize your projects and you will enjoy the work with it. Please feel free to contact me whenever you have a question or if you run into a problem with it and in urgend cases you can contact me also by skype.

Thanks again for your purchase and your lauding review!

Have a nice day!

Pit

20. Alex3333

Alex3333

Good day to all. I want to write a few lines about Asset and beyond. This Asset is very good in all plans. In it I was convinced very recently a huge number of options to suit all tastes for your mob !! A lot of different chips. Very easy to configure. I recommend it to all who want a wonderful AI in the game. Especially those who have Asset UFPS. I have long sought such Asset and glad I found it and bought it. Just want to emphasize that the support of delicious !! The author is always responsible, helping the full program! Pit Thank you from me for it!
    PS: buy, my advice to those who do not have this Asset!
    PS2: waiting for a new update))))

icetec and Al- like this.
  21. Muckel

Muckel

Hello,
    how is the performance on Mobile?
    Is it possible to use the system for underwater creatures like fish?
    thx ... looks promising :)
    M.

22. icetec

icetec

Hi Alex, thanks a lot for your detailed recommendation - that's an honour to me! It’s a pleasure to see how the projects are growing - that's great!!! The new version is nearly finish, give me some more days to prepare further tutorial scenes and to make sure that everything works well and last but not least to update the documentation.

Have a nice day!
    Pit

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  23. icetec

icetec

Hi Muckel, as long as you don't go over the top with the number of creatures you will not have any problems with the performance on mobile devices. There are also several options you can use to optimize the performance additionally (e.g. you can increase the perception and reaction time to the best suitable maximum to reduce the load per frame). Here you can see what’s possible in the webplayer:

The support of fishes and birds is on my list, it will not be included in the next version but in 1.2 for sure.

Have a nice day!
    Pit

24. Al-

Al-

Hello,

I'm beginning using your asset but don't understand some basic things. First I've activated the debug mode and I can see some arrows and a triangle that I don't understand what they tell. Could you, please, explain me what those mean and how to vary them?. Thank you.
    upload_2015-10-27_1-35-10.png

Attached Files:

icetec likes this.
  25. Muckel

Muckel

Awesome!!!
    respect...
    will buy it!
    thx for quick reply!
    M.

icetec likes this.
  26. johny256

johny256

hello anyone advise me as it comes into unitZ ?

27. icetec

icetec

Hi Baruja, i hope this will be helpful to you for the first steps and sorry again for my late respose ...

Al- and MrIconic like this.
  28. icetec

icetec

Hi Johny, I'll support UnitZ after finishing the work for 1.1. The damage handling works similarly to UFPS, so it will not be a big deal to write a small brigde to handle the damage. But first I would like to finish the update :)

Have a nice day!
    Pit

29. warren-miller-maltd

warren-miller-maltd

Have just been getting my head around ICE - am impressed so far!
    I've implemented the uFPS demo Interactions in my own project and I have the Character attacking the Player when the Player gets too close, but I'm trying to figure out how to get the Character to attack the player if the Player shoots at the Character regardless of the distance between the two. Is this possible?

thanks!
    wa

icetec likes this.
  30. icetec

icetec

Hi Warren,
    basically your player must be inside the selection range and also all the other defined conditions of the Selection Criteria must be fulfilled, so that your creature will attack the player. But there are several ways to realize the wanted behaviour by using the advanced Selection Criteria Settings.

1. Add an additional Interactor for your UFPS ‘Hero’, so that your player is two times listed in the interaction section. The first Interactor block will handle the attack by using the distance, while the second one (the new one) will handle the attack by a specific behaviour, in our case the ‘impact’ of your shoots.

2. Adjust the Selection Range to zero and set Priority a little bit smaller as the Priority value of the first Hero interactor, so that your creature will select this interactor only if your hero is not inside the Selection Range of the first one.

3. Create now a new hunting behaviour, your creature should use to hunting the player after getting a hit.

4. Activate now the Advanced Selection Criteria Settings by using the ADV button and add a new AND condition.

5. Select BEHAVIOUR from the condition popup and select the IMPACT behaviour from the UFPS adapter as trigger.

6. Add now an OR behaviour condition with your new hunting behaviour and set this behaviour also as the behaviour of this interactor.

That’s all - now your creature will react to your shoots independent of the selection range ...

Okay, but how it works ...
    As long as your player is outside of the selection range, your creature will ignore the player. Now your player hit the creature with a shoot and this will trigger the IMPACT behaviour of the UFPS adapter. The Selection Range of the second hero interactor is adjusted to zero, so that there are no regional limits, but the BEHAVIOUR condition which is fulfilled if the active behaviour is IMPACT. That’s given after the hit now and your creature will start the new hunting behaviour, runs to the player, reached the Selection Range of the first Hero interactor - which have a higher priority – and attack your player …

I’m sorry for my poor English but I hope my guidance will be understandable to you. Additionally, you can find here a demo scene which shows another solution.

http://www.icecreaturecontrol.com/files/adapter/ICECreatureUFPSAdapterDemo.unitypackage

Btw. The current Selection Criteria are just a rudimental fragment of the final solution, which will be already included in the next version. Here you can see a small example what will be possible with 1.1

That’s the new Selection Criteria Settings, which allows the use of all Status and Environment values and several Target attributes as well to define complex selection rules.

I hope my answer was helpful to you and please feel free to contact me if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Pit

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  31. warren-miller-maltd

warren-miller-maltd

This is awesome. thanks! while I get my head around it, could you answer another question please? : How could you set a delay between IMPACT and ATTACK.
    I understand you can set the 'Trigger Interval' in ICECreatureUFPSAdapter but what I'm after is a delay after the Creature takes damage. eg: it's stunned for 2 seconds before it can attack again.
    I'm guessing I could modify ICECreatureUFPSAdapter but was wondering if there's another way...

thanks!

icetec likes this.
  32. icetec

icetec

Hi Warren, you can force the desired delay by using the Favoured function of the behaviour. If Favoured is flagged the behaviour rule will stay running until the specified conditions are fulfilled. Just adapt the desired Minimum Period and your creature will hold the current rule by blocking all other targets and behaviours. All conditions are combined with OR, so just one condition must be true. If you are using several favoured rules you can adapt the Priority value to define the desired relevance. Please be careful with the position values, because if your creature can't reach the desired position, the favoured rule will block all other behaviours and your creature run into a deadlock situation, so please use the position conditions in combination with a time limit only.

I hope this will be helpful to you and if you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me whenever you need my support ...

Have a nice day!
    Pit

33. warren-miller-maltd

warren-miller-maltd

Just implemented this -and got a better understanding of how the whole system works.
    Really happy - what a cool asset!

thanks,
    wa

icetec likes this.
  34. warren-miller-maltd

warren-miller-maltd

potential bug: set up a bunch of behaviours using CONDITIONS Animation Control Type using triggers to.
    Set the creature inactive in the editor, set it active again and all the trigger drop down selections are reset.

This is a bit of a hassle if you're working on a few creatures at once and want to deactivate one for a while when you work on another one.

icetec likes this.
  35. icetec

icetec

Hi Warren,
    thanks a lot for this info. You are absolutely right, it’s a small bug in the animation editor section with the parameter popup which is not working correctly if the GameObject is disabled and therefore the Animator not initialized, in such a case the popup handler can’t read the required parameter data from the AnimatorController, the list index of already defined values can’t be found and the values will be overwritten. This bug will only appear if the animation editor section of a disabled GameObject will be visible in the inspector view. In any case this bug is already fixed. I have already sent an update to unity, should be released within the next days. If you need the update directly please contact me via pm and I’ll send you a download link.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience caused and thanks again to inform me about it.

Have a nice day!

Pit

36. Alex3333

Alex3333

Pit if you can, and then send me a link to update ! ))) I have to have Skype .

37. icetec

icetec

Hi Alex, no problem I will send the link directly ... but it's not v1.1 just an update of v1.0 to fix the above mentioned bug.

38. Cyance

Cyance

Hi Pit,

I have a question about the Interactor, my predator is not facing the prey. At the moment it will sense the prey and after that it will run (but not running to my prey). Think i am missing something :) Hope you can help me out
    Thanks
    Cy

39. icetec

icetec

Hi Cyance,
    please check the move settings of your hunting behaviour, maybe the angular velocity is adjusted to zero, so that your creature can’t turn and will run in the wrong direction.

Also it could be, that the selection settings (priority, selection range etc.) of the rule aren’t suitable for the given situation, so that your predator can follow another target. You can open the info box on the top of the component to check the current target and behaviour of your creatures at runtime, also you can activate the visual debug options.

I hope this will be helpful to you, otherwise please feel free to contact me again and if you want also via skype.

Have a nice day!

Pit

Dproboy likes this.
  40. Cyance

Cyance

Thank you Pit for your quick reply

And yes I like to add you in my skype

41. jonfinlay

jonfinlay

I had this problem too. It was caused because I had the animal to stand at guard when a predator/prey got too close. Although I had the angle set to 1, because the animal was on guard and not moving it still didn't face the other animal. You can get away with setting the move amount to a very low number, like 0.1, although even then the result isn't perfect because the animal's animation was static, so it just slides round without animating. Its a limitation with the animations I think, but I'm sure there's a workaround.

icetec likes this.
  42. RagingJacob

RagingJacob

Pit, you are the man!
    Seriously, one man army stuff here.

I'm curious about the future update where fish and birds will be introduced.
    I'm sure you're well aware that birds don't just flock all the time, they also hold up formations for long distance flights etc.
    Can we expect to see such behavioral options?

Perhaps also for the grounded animals this could be an option, but I'm guessing that's what the follow target slot is for.
    As to assign an alpha of a wolf pack for example, but I can imagine this could become troublesome if about 20 creatures are following one alpha creature too close to each other because clipping could occur ?
    Then again if the A* project from the AssetStore is supported this would mean we could utilize that asset's agent avoidance algorithm.

icetec likes this.
  43. icetec

icetec

Hi KillerKahuna,
    thanks for your mentioned analogy with the one man army, sounds much more better than my mental selfie of the only cook in a large-scale catering establishment at lunchtime ;)

I think, you can expect more than static flocks of birds, but the bad news is that birds and fishes will not yet be included in the next version, their behaviour is currently simply inadequate for a release version, so you will find just fragments of the fly and swimming settings in the inspector panel but the handling will not be implemented. Also the additional mission extensions to steering the several formations and swarm behaviours are currently not complete. But apart from that, I think ICECreatureControl will fulfil your requirements …

Basically ICECreatureControl handles each creature as a single individual according to its own character traits, vital signs and behaviour attributes and therefore also a bird will be handled as an individual, bipedal character with avian abilities. The relationships to its conspecific and/or other creatures and in consequence the final group dynamic are completely open and can be defined as desired by using the mission and interaction rules, the environment settings and the associated behaviours.

A flock of birds or a school of fishes are basically similar to the strict order of a military formation, a lax group of friends who roves around at night time or a herd of farm-animals; all these cluster based on individuals which just following specific rules within their social environment and the given scenario. The major difference is the strength of the binding within a group but finally also the closed connection will never be a static unit, small impacts can disturb the situation and change the given scenario completely e.g. the flock of birds will be attacked by an eagle, the leader of the military formation stumble in the first line or the friends will be robbed by a gunman, in such cases the given rules are obsolete and will be replaced by new rules which are suitable to handle the changed situation.

All this you can already realize with the given version of ICECreatureControl, just the selection criteria of the targets are limited compared to the improved criteria in the new version, which you can see here …

ICECreatureControl provides an internal mission especially for escort behaviours, which you can use for companions of your player or for an alpha creature, such as your mentioned alpha wolf. But basically you can use each target slot to define a leader, because each target can be movable and each connected creature will follow its target according to the defined rules and as long as the target will be active, which you can define by adapt the above-mentioned target selection criteria.

In fact you will see strange phenomenon’s in 1.0 if there are too many creatures at the same place; either you will see the mentioned clipping problems, while using the internal features without additional components, or you will see that some creatures will lift up and placed on the top of the other ones, while using Collider and Rigidbody. The best results here you will have in v1.0 with the Navigation Mesh and the NavMeshAgent, which is full supported in the current version. ICECreatureControl 1.1 provides an internal obstacle avoidance to avoid the overlapping before the creatures comes in contact and will correct the movement in cases of collisions. Also Rigidbody and CharacterController are full implemented in v1.1 to use the features of these components alternatively and/or additional to the internal steering, which has reduced especially the clipping problems to a minimum. But whatever you do, at the end you will get a problem if there are too many creatures at the same place, because each of them needs its place and will affect the neighbours. The best results I get by using ICE in combination with a Rigidbody and multiple Collider (box or sphere) for several body parts. The colliders are partial covered by the mesh to allow partial overlaps, in this way a creature needs less space and the intersections suggests the impression of a natural deformation, which is absolute realistic if an organic body comes in contact with another object.

Correct! The adapter script for A* Pathfinding is already done and could be used also for 1.0, but for this you have to add some additional lines of code into the movement class. ICECreatureControl v1.1 provides the full support of A* Pathfinding out of the box – just add the included adapter script to your creature and select CUSTOM as motion control type within the motion and pathfinding settings of the essential section – that’s all to combine A* Pathfinding and ICECreatureControl.

I hope my answer was helpful to you. Please let me know whenever you have further questions or suggestions ...

Have a nice day!

Pit

44. jonfinlay

jonfinlay

Looks great Pit!

I managed to get around the issue of animals of the same species overlapping/clipping by adding an interaction rule, so when it gets within a distance of 2 of another animal of the same species it will move in the Escape direction, so they never get too close to overlap/clip.

RagingJacob and icetec like this.
  45. icetec

icetec

great idea - that's a really smart solution to cover this issue and provides by that way directly additional action and also a social note about the hierarchy within the group of creatures. great - i'll use this method in the advanced demo.

RagingJacob likes this.
  46. RagingJacob

RagingJacob

Oh YES SIR!
    Immensely helpful in fact, thanks for going in detail, I have gone ahead and purchased your asset ;)
    I can already tell this is going to be a real game changer, not to mention the fun in development ICECC will provide.

I'll be sure to put out a review as soon as I get to wrap my head around it.

Jacob

icetec likes this.
  47. warren-miller-maltd

warren-miller-maltd

hi - when my Creature is attacking and their health gets to 20% they seem to stop attacking and try to go Home.
    Is there any way to stop this behaviour and get them to keep attacking?

thanks,
    wa

icetec likes this.
  48. icetec

icetec

Hi Warren,
    that’s because of the “Recreation Limit” which you can define in the Status Settings. This limit specifies the critical fitness value at which your creature is to weak for further attacks. If the Fitness value goes below this limit, the creature will stop its activities and wants to go home to recreate – by default the value is 20% but you can set this value to zero, so that your creature will fighting until it will die.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
    The_Uber_Rasta and RagingJacob like this.
  49. MrIconic

MrIconic

I (delayed) buying Apex Path for now but it's on sale and looks pretty interesting. I haven't really messed around with adapters but I see there's one for A* Pathfinding. Think ICE will work with other pathfinding tools by default or should I beg and cry for an adapter? xD

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
    icetec likes this.
  50. warren-miller-maltd

warren-miller-maltd

cool - thanks

icetec likes this.