Search Unity

[UPDATED] ICECreatureControl v1.4.0 - creature AI for enemies, animals, monsters, zombies ...

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by icetec, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Harald_Heide

Harald_Heide

Quadruped animals in Hills and Valleys.
    Have had some problems with the animal always wanting to stay horizontal even when climbing up steep hills. This when using Nav Mesh agent and Mecanim animations with ICE Creature. The attached script seems to do the trick in pitching the animals body relative to the angle of the ground.
    To use, create two empties parented beneath your animal and position them where forelegs and backlegs of your creature touch the ground. Drag these empties to their respective slot in the script. Attach the script to your animal and voila you should have automatic pitch control. You might have to adjust your nav mesh agent radius etz. Would be nice to know if the same functionality could be achieved using ICE itself. If not I would love to se the scripts functionality implemented in a future release :)
    Respect,
    Harald

Attached Files:

StevenPicard likes this.
  2. Carmexx

Carmexx

Hi Pit,

Great Asset!

How would I go about controlling AI height, I tried using the 3d option but the AI either stays below my character, or moves above ahead of the character in height - what is the best way for AI that can detect if you are above it/below it and find the nearest stairs or path and climb to that level before wandering towards you - that kind of thing.

Alternatively scripting - I was thinking about scripting something that if the AI was trying to hit a character and was below or above a given target, teleporting to character but it doesn't seem elegant, and will look kinda weird in game; is there a way to get the AI to get to a character below or above it?

Regards

icetec likes this.
  3. magique

magique

You might want to look into Final IK for this. Their grounder component works well for this precise situation.

4. emperor12321

emperor12321

I followed the steps and damage still doesnt work. Got this error:

Failed to call function ApplyDamage of class FPSPlayer
    Calling function ApplyDamage with 1 parameter but the function requires 3.
    UnityEngine.GameObject:SendMessageUpwards(String, Object, SendMessageOptions)
    ICE.World.ICEWorldEntity:SendTargetDamage(GameObject, GameObject, DamageTransferType, Single, String, Vector3, DamageForceType, Single) (at Assets/ICE/ICEWorld/Scripts/Core/Base/ICEWorldEntity.cs:599)

5. altugs

altugs

Hi all, got two issues, first, I couldnt make "Spawn" anim state work. Spawning creatures bypass that state to idle&walk. I adjusted in default behaviours in essentials, and in behaviours section, but no luck. I can first see the spawn animation if I make it default, but I need it as a state to make some detailed timing adjustments. Like, do not attack or patrol until spawn state finishes.

Second issue, is it possible to toggle overlap prevention/avoid during any state, like attacking etc. Reason is, with a large radius, entities can smoothly patrol the corridor shaped corners/areas, but with large radius, you cant melee them properly in close distance.
    thanks!

6. icetec

icetec

Hi Harald, by default ICE is using 'BIPED' for the body orientation, so simply adapt the 'Body Orientation' (Essentials -> Motion and Pathfinding) to 'QUADRUPED'. This should fix your issue.

Have a great day!

Pit

7. icetec

icetec

Hi Altugs, please adapt the desired RecoveryPhase (Status Settings). The Recovery Phase defines a warm-up period in seconds after the spawning process in which the creature will be completely defenceless while running its respawn behaviour without any target. You can adjust this value to provide your player to detect a new spawned creature at the right time, otherwise it could be that a spawned creature appear from nowhere and will start its attack without any heads-up.

Currently you can't toggle the Overlap Prevention within the behaviours but your second issue is in fact a legitimate reason to do it, so I'll implement this feature in v1.3.7 ...

Hope this will be helpful so far!

Pit

8. icetec

icetec

Hi emperor, do you get this error when your creature attacks the RFPSP player or vice versa? If you get the error when your player is attacking your creature, please make sure your creature is assigned to Layer 13 NPC, otherwise please set the DamageTransferType of ICE from 'Message' to 'Direct', because while using the integration ICE can use the native damage handler of RFPSP direct and don't need to send a message (this can't work because FPSPlayer ApplyDamage expects three parameters, but the messages send one parameter only.

This should fix your issue, but please let me know if you have further questions.

Have a great day!

Pit

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
    emperor12321 likes this.
  9. emperor12321

emperor12321

To clarify, I can damage the creature (ICE mine) but it can't damage the Player. It is set to direct and this still occurs. Although I no longer get the error message. The mine detonates but no damage is applied to Player

10. icetec

icetec

Ah okay, please increase now the damage to 100 (just for testing - the default health or rather the default durability of an entity is 100, so it could be that the specified damage is simply to low to induce visible impacts.) Make also sure, that your player is assigned to the correct layer.

11. emperor12321

emperor12321

Unfortunately that did not change anything. Do I need to attach something to fps player itself?

12. altugs

altugs

I got that issue before, solved with trial errors, and level adjustments. My working setup is; full enemy layer:creature, player: player, player weapon: gun, both weapons have melee weapon script (Im using melee). both large weapon trigger colliders.

And do not attach ICE creature Player script to Main fps, attach it to FPS Player object.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
    emperor12321 and icetec like this.
  13. Mister-D

Mister-D

hey pit
    do u want a voucher for the new overlord? send me pm if so ;)
    i would love to see a new demoscene with the improved character working in your AI...

icetec likes this.
  14. altugs

altugs

That worked, thanks Pit, btw do IMPACT and DEATH anim states properly working?

15. icetec

icetec

In addition to Altus post I would like to mention that the FPSPlayer also needs a Rigidbody and a collider.

16. icetec

icetec

Of course, I will love to do it ... it was already a pleasure to work with the older version, so I'm really looking forward to using also the current version of the Overlord for a demo and / or video :)

17. Mister-D

Mister-D

voucher send in pm :eek:

icetec likes this.
  18. icetec

icetec

To use the DEATH behaviour you have to define the 'Removing Delay', that's adapted to zero by default to avoid conflict with a Ragdoll (in v1.1 often, the 'Removing Delay' has been forgotten if a corpse object is to be used instead of the death behavior, so that corpse and original creature was visible. In v.1.3.6 you can use both, first run the defined death behavior and subsequent spawn the corpse object).

Concerning the IMPACT behaviour it could be helpful to enable 'Favoured' to define the desired length of the IMPACT behaviour.

19. WinSpur

WinSpur

I am using target events. I tried to damage target using ApplyDamage. But, there is a problem. Sometimes target doesn't get a damage. While one zombie is attacking, Another zombie can't apply damage. This problem occures in N-N battle. Is it a bug?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  20. icetec

icetec

Hello WinSpur, if two characters with the same name fulfill all specified selection criteria at the same time, your creature chooses one of them randomly. That is absolutely correct! Please, imagine a wild pub fight. Of course, everyone who is involved in such an event will sooner or later receive a hit but just because he meets the requirements.

In your case, I assume that the 'ToonSoldier_Scout' is the blue character attacked by the 5 zombies. According to the attached image with the target settings the zombies are using an unlimited Selection Range to detect a 'ToonSoldier_Scout', there are no further 'Selection Criteria' to restrict the selection, so your zombies can select each 'ToonSoldier_Scout' somewhere in the scene. That's okay so far, but if there are now further 'ToonSoldier_Scouts' in your scene which also fulfill the given selection criteria, it is very likely that the zombies also attack these scouts.

However, a creature can have only one active target in each frame, this target is uniquely identified by its instance ID, and only this target also determines the position and receives the target events, so if a creature is running to a certain target, you can be sure, that this target will also receive defined target events, but according to the above-mentioned selection procedure, your creature can change its active target also in each frame, if there are several suitable targets available and this could be the issue you realize in your scene.

To solve your issue you can use following settings ...

1. Define a limited Selection Range also for the initial Interactor Rule, this will save performance, it's more realistic (no creature can sense a target outside of a certain range) and makes sure that your creature will not select undesigned targets within your scene.

2. If several targets of the same type could be selectable at the same time, you can press the 'RT' button of the Selection Criteria to specify a 'Retaining Time'. This 'Retaining Time' ensures that the active target is maintained for a certain period of time without changing constantly between different targets, also if one of these targets would be the better choice. That's quite similar to a pub brawl, where one participant focuses on a certain opponent, although he is attacked by several others. Btw. A good guiding value for the 'Retaining Time' will be the length of the associated attack animation ...

3. In some cases it could be also helpful to activate the 'MOS' button. By default the creature will preselect the nearest object for each defined target, so all available targets represents the nearest object of a particular type only.

This is suitable and performance friendly while using many different types of target objects and in the majority of cases the nearest one will be most likely the right one. But while using more complex selection rules the default selection will fail whenever there are a lot of clones around the creature, because with the complexity of conditions and the number of clones it will be increasing improbable that the nearest one will be the active target and so it could be that your creature ignores a horde of attackers, because the nearest attacker don’t fulfil all given conditions. By activating the MOS (multiple object selection) flag your creature will preselect all available objects within the given Selection Range by using the complete selection rules (instead of preselect the nearest one only), so your creature will consider all objects of a particular type and will select the nearest one which has fulfilled all specified conditions. But please consider that you should not activate this feature while using hundreds of potential clone targets if your target device isn't a cray ;)

I hope my answer will be helpful to you and please feel free to contact me whenever you have a question or runs into a problem with ICE.

Have a great day!

Pit

21. WinSpur

WinSpur

Very kind and good answere. Your answer is most useful.
    But, the problem is that 'ApplyDamage' doesn't work. Zombies are attacking a soldier and attack behaviour is no problem. But, ApplyDamage doesn't work or apply damage to wrong target(most case before target). I think that some creatures are having wrong targets during 'Target Events'.
    Sorry for my bad english!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  22. WinSpur

WinSpur

I found the reason!
    Method 'ApplyDamage' is something wrong. If I change it to custom and type "ApplyDamage", there is no problem. Pre-made method 'ApplyDamage' has a problem of targeting!

Attached Files:

23. WinSpur

WinSpur

Another Question!
    In custom method of interactor, I put my function name into method name. But it doesn't work.
    How do I do?

Attached Files:

24. AcePhilips85

AcePhilips85

Hello pit! I have updated unity and ice creature control. I am having an issue. I had integrated ICE creature control with Opsive TPC and everything worked fine in the previous version of unity. Now with unity 5.5.1 f1 and the latest version of ICE creature control the TPC adapter no longer works. can you help? how can this be successfully integrated in the latest versions of each program? thanks for your time.

25. sammi32

sammi32

Hi Pit,

i looking for an Apex Path Intigration and i read you build it, that sounds realy nice
    , have you a release date for this, please

best regards
    Sammi

magique likes this.
  26. icetec

icetec

Hi AcePhilips85, instead of the old adapter the new version comes with ICEIntegration, so the integration steps for UFPS, RFPSP, UnitZ and TPC are nearly the same ....

1. Open your Player Settings and add ICE_UFPS or ICE_RFPSP or ICE_UNITZ or ICE_OPSIVE_TPC to the Scripting Define Symbols.

2. If you are using RFPSP or UnitZ open the ICE Intergration menu and press 'Adapt RFPSP Scripts' or rather 'Adapt UnitZ Scripts'. If you are using UFPS or TPC you can ignore this step.

3. Finally, add the ICEWorldDamageAdapter to your creatures (not required for RFPSP).

Now the integration is done and you can start to prepare your creature as desired e.g. equip it with a ICECreatureRangedWeapon or ICECreatureMeleeWeapon and enjoy the fight ...

Here you can find further information about the integration ...
    http://www.icecreaturecontrol.com/files/ICEIntegration.pdf
    ... and here about the damage handling ...
    http://www.icecreaturecontrol.com/files/ICEDamageHandling.pdf

Additional I would like to recommend TonanBora's brilliant videos about working with ICE. (Btw. At the end of this video the settings for flying and diving creatures are also shown).

Have a great day!

Pit

AcePhilips85 likes this.
  27. icetec

icetec

Hi Sammi, the APEX integration will be included in the next minor update. I try to finish the update (v1.3.7) next week ...

magique likes this.
  28. magique

magique

Fantastic. I can dust off my Apex Path and use it for my game. I'm just preparing now to go through the stream videos and give 1.3.6 a test drive.

icetec likes this.
  29. icetec

icetec

Hi WinSpur, please make sure that your custom script is assigned to the same GameObject as ICECreatureControl or to child of it. If this does not work for you, you can also contact me via skype, so I can help you without further delays directly.

30. Sorrowthief

Sorrowthief

I just bought this asset and I'm having a bit of trouble. I wanted to use my exsisting project and I was able to get my terrain and a Npc character in and animated. The problem is with my FPSController. I tried originally to drag my character into the player game object on the wizard. Did not work out so well. So I decided to try and use the standard assets FPSController. No matter which one I use, once I drag it to the Player box on the wizard I can no loger look up and down. If I hit the default icon under player it creates the guy with the axe but still can not look up or down at all. The only one that seems to work where I can look up and down is the RigidBody FPSController. Am I missing something here. I followed the first video tutorial on the store download page and in the video the guy drags a regular FPSController into that box and works fine. Please help.

HakJak likes this.
  31. sammi32

sammi32

Hi Pit,

great to hear, Thank you :)

best regards
    Sammi

32. marcus_aggrippa

marcus_aggrippa

Hi
    Could anyone advise on how to get creatures to play their "hit" animation on impact?

33. TonanBora

TonanBora

Hey Sorrow, you could try manually adding the ""ICE Player Creature" to your player GameObject, and then going to the Creature Register in your scene, and pressing the "Update" button.

I generally try to stay away from using the standard Assets FPS controller, as recently it seems that if you make any changes to it, it tends to break the controller for some reason.

This most often seems to happen when you either mess with the scale of the controller, or change the capsule collider in any way, shape, or form.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    icetec likes this.
  34. Sorrowthief

Sorrowthief

Thank you. Either way I've been having trouble with it. I plan on getting the Ufps thing in a week or two so I'll just mess with the NPC's and other things till then. I do however wish there was more up to date tutorials and videos on the program. Searching around it seems almost everything I look at is from a different version. If there are more recent ones and I have just not looked in the right place please direct me to them. Thanks a lot and by no means take this as a thumbs down on the program. I can tell a lot of work went into it and there is so much it will allow me to do. I'm sure most of my problems are from user error at this point. Cheers

Also is it possible to use exsisting Terrain with this or do I always need to start from a premade plane or Terrain?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  35. icetec

icetec

Hi Sorrowthief,
    the player and terrain options of the wizard are only included to simplify the startup with a blank scene, but both options are not mandatory. If you have already an existing scene, simply load this scene and you'll see that the wizard or rather the whole ICE world works fine with an existing terrains and objects as well as with your own player. Just ensure to assign one or more layer for the ground and/or other walkable surfaces and add the ICECreaturePlayer script to your player.

Of course, you will find tutorials for different versions, but don't worry, the basic principles are the same for all versions but apart from that you will find also the best and most up-to-date tutorials (thanks again @TonanBora) on the previous pages and summarized on the first page of this forum.

I hope this will be helpful to you but please feel free to contact me whenever you have a question.

Have a great day!

Pit

36. JohnRossitter

JohnRossitter

Hi,
    I purchased ICE a while back and have been able to get some basics going with it.
    Unfortunately I cant find any information about what Im looking for.

I have some deer in my scene, and I want to be able to use food to lure them from one place to another.
    There is probably something about this here in the form, but Unity's lack of searching within a topic makes it impossible to find information. I also looked on your site, and sadly it just seems very unkept and random on the types of information available...not trying to insult you, just letting you know its hard to find good cataloged information on your tool.

So, I have these deer, they are on random patrol.
    I want to let my character place food on the ground close to them, and have them detect it and walk towards it.

37. JohnRossitter

JohnRossitter

Also, I just updated my ICE:
    Now I get tons of these errors in the editor:
    Assets/ICE/ICECreatureControl/Scripts/Core/ICECreatureController.cs(383,39): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `DynamicBooleanValueType' could not be found. Are you missing `ICE.World.EnumTypes' using directive?

38. AcePhilips85

AcePhilips85

Hello pit! first of all may I say that the support for this asset has been superb! by far the best I have received out of any asset I have purchased. Having said that, I think I may have one more thing you can help me with to get me where I need to be to finish my product. I have resolved to building a game that required me to carry the creature register with me from scene to scene ect. ect. Its the only way I can get my creatures to recognized my player character when I exit once scene and enter the next. Its an open world environment so this works out best I feel. Is there a way that I can only load certain creatures within my creature register when I am in a specific scene, but not another? for example, lets say that I am running through the streets of a city and I want zombies to attack my player, but no mutants should be active in the streets. But if I exit the scene and load a new scene that is inside a building, but I want no zombies in the building, and only mutants present can I accomplish this with your product somehow? remember, I have to carry the creature register with me so that I don't loose the creatures abilities to detect and attack my player. I have tampered with the idea of using a trigger to activate and deactivate specific spawners that only spawn similar creatures. (i.e zombie spawners only spawn zombies and mutant spawners only spawn mutants.) so when my player loads in the new scene they will spawn on a collider that will trigger the deactivation of my zombie spawner so no zombies spawn and at the same time it will activate my mutant trigger so only mutants spawn. Its a tedious task, and would be so much easier if ICE could handle this for me perhaps through the scenes I load or the build settings somehow.

Also, a final request if possible. I noticed in the earlier version If I have a player character on the second floor of a building, and a monster on either the first floor, or third floor directly above or below my player character and out of the range of their melee attack they still deal damage to my player. Can this be fixed? or should I resort to working around this? Thanks for your time!

39. icetec

icetec

Hello John,
    it seems that the mentioned issue based on a conflict with an older version of ICE. Version 1.3.6 was completly rewritten and contains dozens of modified and new files (e.g. the script ICECreatureController.cs doesn't exist anymore in the new version), therefore I would recommend removing the complete ICE folder before you import the new version. This should fixed all errors but please feel free to contact me whenever you have further questions or runs into a problem with ICE and in urgent cases you can contact me also via skype.

Btw. On the first page of this forum you will find a collection of extremely useful videos about working with ICE. TonanBora has created these brilliant video tutorials for the benefit of all ICE users.
    https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/u...-for-enemies-animals-monsters-zombies.347147/

Have a great day!

Pit

40. BryanO

BryanO

Has anyone integrated the current version of ICE with the Gravity Twist Controller? They have very limited overlap and would benefit from each other.

41. icetec

icetec

Hi AcePhilips!

Yes! You can handle this in several ways, but the easiest one is to use a custom group for your creature. By activating and deactivating such a group object, you can prevent or allow spawning as well as hide or display already existing creatures. To setup such a custom group just activate the GROUP button of a Reference Object and add the prefab of the desired group object, which could be an empty GameObject, to the Custom Hierarchy Group field.

The spawning process is now only executed as long as the specified group exist and is active in the hierarchy, whereby all newly created objects are assigned to the respective group object as a child.

Naturally, disabling or removing the group object also affects the subordinate objects so that you can control the spawning behaviour and the visibility of your creatures simply by activating or deactivating a particular group or even loading a scene which contains such group objects.

Tip: You can using such a group also directly as HOME location and also as spawn point for your creature, so you don’t need to create additional objects.

Btw. Please ensure that the ROOT node of the Hierarchy Management is NULL, otherwise if the CreatureRegister object was assigned as root, the custom groups will be child objects of the register and will not be removed while loading a new scene.

It could be that your player comes in contact with the Impact collider of your monster or that your player is the active target of your monster and therefore still receives damage messages from an active interactor rule. In the first case you can try to reduce the collider. In the second case please check which target is active on your monster. If it is your player, you should adjust the interactor rule accordingly, so that your monster only select the player if he is visible or if he is on the same level (use the sensoria values to check the visibility and activate the 3D button of the Stopping Distance to ensure that a target must be on the same level)

I hope my awnser will be helpful to you but please feel free to contact me whenever you have further questions or runs into a problem with ICE.

Have a great day!

Pit

42. icetec

icetec

Hello Bryan, I have already done some tests and would like to integrate it, but since the direction of the gravitational forces is fixed within the ICE world, the implementation is not quite as easy. But it is still a planned theme for the next major update.

Have a great day!

Pit

43. Sorrowthief

Sorrowthief

I recently got Ufps and have went through this and the manual section of intergration and I am getting errors every time. I also decided to clean my cpu completely of Unity, registry files included. I installed Unity 5.5.of3 and imported Ice and Fps and still I'm getting these errors when I hit identify supported assets. The only thing that I notice is that I have UFPS version 1.7.0 and when I do check for updates on Ufps it says that there is another version and I need to update to 1.7.1. When I go to the assets store I do not have an option to update UFPS. These are the only 2 assets I downloaded to a new project with a fresh install of Unity 5.5.0f3. Please help me get this all fixed. $75.00 for one and $45.00 for this one is a decent chunk of change and Im feeling a bit bummed at getting the two intergrated. I have posted similar post to the UFPS people. Thanks much

PlayerSettings Validation: Requested build target group (5) doesn't exist; #define symbols for scripting won't be added.
    UnityEditor.PlayerSettings:SetScriptingDefineSymbolsForGroup(BuildTargetGroup, String)
    ICE.Integration.Menus.ICEIntegrationTools:AddCompileDefine(String, BuildTargetGroup[]) (at Assets/ICE/ICEIntegration/Scripts/Core/Editor/EditorUtilities/ICEIntegrationTools.cs:188)
    ICE.Integration.Menus.AssetDefine:AddAllDefines() (at Assets/ICE/ICEIntegration/Scripts/Core/Editor/EditorUtilities/ICEIntegrationTools.cs:98)
    ICE.Integration.Menus.ICEIntegrationTools:ValidateDefines() (at Assets/ICE/ICEIntegration/Scripts/Core/Editor/EditorUtilities/ICEIntegrationTools.cs:128)
    ICE.Integration.Menus.ICEIntegrationMenu:IdentifySupportedAssets() (at Assets/ICE/ICEIntegration/Scripts/Core/Editor/Menu/ICEIntegrationMenu.cs:38)

Assets/ICE/ICEIntegration/Scripts/Core/Editor/Components/ICEWorldNetworkSpawnerEditor.cs(66,155): error CS1061: Type `ICE.Integration.Adapter.ICEWorldNetworkSpawner' does not contain a definition for `UseDeactivateSceneCreatures' and no extension method `UseDeactivateSceneCreatures' of type `ICE.Integration.Adapter.ICEWorldNetworkSpawner' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

44. icetec

icetec

Hi Sorrowthief, don't worry ... just remove ICE_CC from your Scripting Define Symbols in the Player Settings. It's just a stupid mistake in the network integration of ICE that you get when the automatic scan (IdentifySupportedAssets) detects UFPS without the multiplayer extension. Removing ICE_CC from the Scripting Define Symbols will directly fix this issue!

Have a great day!

Pit

45. FusionSticc

FusionSticc

Hello! First off, this asset is simply amazing. It's highly customizable and can just do about anything you want! However, I am completely stumped on how to create Flying and Turret Ai (looking to create some kind of space flight AI that will attack each other as well as to have bases that have AA turrets) I've experimented with the Turret component and the farthest I've got was getting it to fire only one time. I've tried looking for tutorials on both of them; however, it doesn't seem to exist yet. Can anyone point me in the right direction? (Or a tutorial on flying AI would be fantastic too!)

Hormic likes this.
  46. Sorrowthief

Sorrowthief

Yes thanks you so much that worked. I've been having a blast trying out all the stuff and have had a lot of success. Are there any tutorials that are more combat oriented? I have been using Mixamo to create characters with animation packs added to them with a lot of success. I can now damage them and they do the same to me. I wish there was some more info and videos about NPC melee combat, specifically how to handle multiple attacks in a row(Jump attack, Dropkick, swipe, then back to normal ect.) Is that something you can do with just the built in functions or will I need to write scripts to achieve that level of complex fighting? Thanks again great asset so far. Best I've bought

47. icetec

icetec

Hi Sorrowthief, I'll provide more videos but first I have to finish a minor update to fix some small issues. In addition ICE already contains all you need to handle multiple attacks.

Each behavior can have several behavior rules so you can implement the desired attack sequences very easy and without additional scripts. For this, simply open your ATTACK behavior, add additional rules and define the desired animations and moves.

Tip: your creature can also use items and tools as a melee weapon, in addition to its body parts. For this, you could assign a hammer or a sword as a child object to the hand of your creature or your creature can collect and use such objects during the runtime automatically by using its inventory and the inventory settings of the behaviour (see Deathmatch Tutorial. The small Teddys are using a melee weapon, but check also the settings of the large bear - all bears are equiped with a first aid kit. Whenever a bear is heavy injurd, the other bears will reanimate him by using their mentioned first aid kits).

Hope this will be helpful so far but please feel free to contact me whenever you have further questions.

Have a great day!

Pit

48. arnesso

arnesso

hi,
    I started playing with ICE again, UFPS is identifed and i press add damage adapter to my NPC, I tick the USE UFPS DAMAGE, but, I do not get damage from NPC.
    - I added ICEcreature player to UFPS PLAYER, I added target script, anything else with the player ? (do i need to add worlddamage_adapter to PLayer , i think I shouldn't but the I get error. )
    - Where should I set up the damage amount what can cause the NPC to Player , ?
    I have no idea.
    thank you !

49. icetec

icetec

Hi Arnesso,
    by default your ICE creatures are friendly and harmless at birth, but you can add the ICECreatureBodypart script to certain bodyparts and adapt their impact settings, so your creature will mutate quickly into a dangerous and aggressive combat machine. In addition to that your creature can also deal with hand- and shooting weapons. For this simply add the ICECreatureItem, ICECreatureMeleeWeapon or ICECreatureRangedWeapon script to the desired object, attach it to the body hierarchy of your creature and adapt the settings.

Here you can find further information about the damage handling ...
    http://www.icecreaturecontrol.com/files/ICEDamageHandling.pdf
    ... and please feel free to contact me whenever you have further questions.

Have a great day!

Pit

arnesso and julianr like this.
  50. indiedev37

indiedev37

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017