Search Unity

[UPDATED] ICECreatureControl v1.4.0 - creature AI for enemies, animals, monsters, zombies ...

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by icetec, Aug 11, 2015.

1. antoripa

antoripa

I coded a new one that is based on Opsive TPC EventHandler ..

icetec and julianr like this.
  2. antoripa

antoripa

even becuase I am using 1.3 and the 1.1 adapter does not work properly :)

3. julianr

julianr

hopefully the new one supports hit detection on each of the body parts as 1.3 supports this, which should be good for different damage areas.

icetec and antoripa like this.
  4. antoripa

antoripa

Yes .. I have been thinking ho do that. I have a couple of idea that I will test tomorrow
    Btw .. I started directy with 1.3 ...it is really amazing tool ...

icetec likes this.
  5. julianr

julianr

Yeah, 1.3 is great! Although I'm not moving from 1.1 for about a week as I am just about to release my first game build, albeit alpha, I just didn't want to delay it any longer.

antoripa likes this.
  6. antoripa

antoripa

I was lucky ....I worked on the controller and enviroment 'til 5 days ago .. and now just kicked AI off directly with 1.3 ...

7. antoripa

antoripa

Hi,
    2 questions :
    Is that demo scene available?
    Does Ice work even with FinalIK? I do not have any IK solution, but I plan to buy that or Ootii. What is better with ICE?

8. Harald_Heide

Harald_Heide

Do you have an estimate for when the 1.3 will be ready in the Asset Store??

9. antoripa

antoripa

You can use the below subclassing Health from Opsive into the adapter :
    Code (csharp):
    2. // HitScan
    3.    public override void Damage(float amount, Vector3 position, Vector3 force, float radius, GameObject attacker, GameObject hitGameObject)
    4.         {
    5.             _Controller.Creature.Status.AddDamage(amount);
    6.             if (ICETakeManagerBehavior != "" && _Controller.Creature.Status.IsDead == false)
    7.                 _Controller.Creature.Behaviour.SetBehaviourModeByKey(ICETakeManagerBehavior);
    8.             base.Damage(amount, position, force, radius, attacker, hitGameObject);
    9.         }
    10.         //Explostion
    11.         public override void Damage(float amount, Vector3 position, Vector3 force, float radius, GameObject attacker)
    12.         {
    14.             _Controller.Creature.Status.AddDamage(amount);
    15.             if (ICETakeManagerBehavior != "" && _Controller.Creature.Status.IsDead == false)
    16.                 _Controller.Creature.Behaviour.SetBehaviourModeByKey(ICETakeManagerBehavior);
    17.             base.Damage(amount, position, force, radius, attacker);
    18.         }
    _Controller is the ICE Controller that you initialize in AWAKE()¨
    The first method is for Hit and you have as parameters all the information to get the bone. You can add a SHotHead multiplier or just limit hitting the head ( l did for my zombies )
    Cheers,

julianr likes this.
  10. julianr

julianr

Nice work! Thanks for sharing It'll come in handy. :)

antoripa likes this.
  11. Alex3333

Alex3333

Pit when to expect the updates Pun adapter ? And when to wait for UFPS adapter for version 1.3 ?

12. antoripa

antoripa

I need to create multiple spawn points for a creature. What is the distribuition for ponints and how can i set up that ?

13. TonanBora

TonanBora

Hello Antoripa! :)

If you click on the Creature Register, you should be able to set the pool settings for each creature:
    ICe 1.3 Multispawn.jpg
    Make sure you have the "POOL" options enabled for both the Reference Objects settings, and the individual settings for each creature you want to spawn.
    Once you do this, you can modify the spawning options of the pool enabled creatures, including spawn points.
    To add a new spawn point, just click the ADD button, and fill out the settings for the new spawn point.

antoripa likes this.
  14. antoripa

antoripa

Yes .. that's what I am doing.
    But now I need to spawn same creature in multiple "area" ...I have a city and I would not spawn creatures into building .. so Pit suggested to you multiple spawn points .. but I would control the number of spawn creatures for each point ...
    How can I do that ? I am using 1.3

15. TonanBora

TonanBora

Hmm, I do not think you can control the number of creatures spawned at each spawn point.
    I think you might need to make your own spawner for this case.

Although it would be a nice feature to add to a future update @icetec.

antoripa likes this.
  16. julianr

julianr

I use Core Game Kit for this. Very flexible

antoripa likes this.
  17. antoripa

antoripa

.. I agree .. that should be on next coming features list ...:)

18. antoripa

antoripa

the one from DarkTonic ??

19. antoripa

antoripa

So I can use whatever I want for spawning or I should take care of a kind of intergration .. and that should not a problem for me .. ? .. the creature register is just a spawner/pool when I activate pool ?

20. julianr

julianr

yeah, you can use it for Waves, or triggers.. set pools to how many you want to spawn, and how many of each kind, based on criteria.

icetec, magique and antoripa like this.
  21. TonanBora

TonanBora

You can either use a purchased spawner/pool, or create your own.
    As far as I can tell, there should not be any conflicting issues with using other spawners with ICE creatures.

22. antoripa

antoripa

Cattura1.PNG Need small help ....
    When Health is zero .. and I checked that is zero .. I expect the "Die" behavior starts.
    That does not happen .. any suggestion from you guys Cattura.PNG ?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  23. julianr

julianr

@antoripa Is your DIE behaviour influences set to 100% damage?

24. antoripa

antoripa

No need .. issue was that in Basics Session the Intiali Durability was not enabled...

25. icetec

icetec

Hi Alex, I'm currently update all adapter, include the adapter for PUN ... to combine ICE with UFPS you don't need an adapter anymore, ICE works with UFPS out-of-the-box ... simply set the Damage Mode of the vp_FXBullet to 'Unity Message' and the method to 'ApplyDamage', so your player can hit your creatures and vice versa use the Target Event feature to send 'Damage' to your player or use one of the included weapen scripts.

Have a great day!

Pit

26. icetec

icetec

Within the next days. I'm currently updating all the adapters, fix some last bugs and update the manual ... but if you send me your order number I can provide you a first release candidate ...

Have a great day!

Pit

antoripa likes this.
  27. magique

magique

I see talk of 1.3. Is that 1.3 of ICE or of some adapter? If it's 1.3 of ICE, what can we expect in the update?

28. icetec

icetec

@all: which former versions of UNITY should be supported? The latest RC works with UNITY 5.3.2 and higher but if it's required I can prepare ICE also for older versions ...

29. icetec

icetec

Hi magique, it's ICECreatureControl v1.3.2 ... I had to skip the v1.2 branch because there was to many conflicts and workarounds with code fragments of future versions ... if you want I'll send you the frist release candidate to test the new version ...

Have a great day!

Pit

30. icetec

icetec

It's already on the list and I would have liked to realize it in the current release already but to avoid further dalays it's better to postpone some features and not the whole release ;)

TonanBora and antoripa like this.
  31. magique

magique

Sending you a PM.

32. icetec

icetec

Hi everybody,
    here you can find two new (older) video tutorials which could be interesting for you ...

This tutorial shows the basic setup without the wizard ...

... and this clip shows how to work with interactions ...

btw. sorry for the terrible sound quality ...

Have a great day!

Pit

33. antoripa

antoripa

Hi,
    i would share a quick feedback related to perfomance with first release candidate ICE 1.3 : IMPRESSIVE.
    I have just spawned 400 Zombies creatures wandering in a circle around the player .. smooth ...and on a Laptop 4K Display with GTX960M ..I am using the pool and spawn embedded in ICE
    @icetec ..the best AI tool on Asset Store .. and no competition ... congrats

34. paulojsam

paulojsam

can you please repost the download link for unitz use with ice

35. KingLlama

KingLlama

Some reason my AI, has a tendency to slide around some areas.
    Videos of my issues showing the list of what i've done so far.

36. farooq-gill

farooq-gill

why have you set the speed and transition values set to 0 in animation under Run behaviour rule. Give it some values like 1 or 1.5 for speed and 0.5 for transition I guess. Same for walk behaviour rule. transition value is 0. Give it some value and then check.

KingLlama likes this.
  37. paulojsam

paulojsam

icetec can you please post a download link for the unitz adapter Thank you in advance!

38. KingLlama

KingLlama

It still is sliding all around actually. It is strange.

farooq-gill likes this.
  39. farooq-gill

farooq-gill

try setting the layer in motion and path finding. I mean set your terrain layer a name like "Ground" and then set the same layer instead of "Default" in motion and path finding. But to me it looks more like an animation problem.

KingLlama likes this.
  40. KingLlama

KingLlama

So what i've fixed is now that there was no animation for run so I set it to walk instead of run. Now i'm running into the issues of the zombies seeing me within their fov and chasing until a certain distance. Switching numbers around trying to find a sweet spot.

41. antoripa

antoripa

Are u applying Root Motion ? If your animations have Root Motion you should apply. You could have an issue related to your Avatar rotation that you can fix in 2 ways :
    1) A more complex animator with a BlendTree with Speed and Yaw coming from Ice Creature Control
    2) In Ice Creature Control add even a movement and setup forward 0.01 and Angular around 10-15. That will allow to move forward with Root Motion and let the control apply rotation ( having a forward on 0.01 is just to apply the rotation velocity )
    Both options work very well with my zombies and aliens or other monster creatures

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
    icetec and KingLlama like this.
  42. antoripa

antoripa

Hey guys ..
    I am trying to have the scenario where if my avator fires with the weapon the sound will attract all the creature that have the corret audio range. I create the below setting, but it works only for the creature that Avatar hit.
    I am not very familiar with ICE ( just 4 days ) so I am wondering if that can be implemented. Thanks

Attached Files:

43. KingLlama

KingLlama

So what I realized was that my angular (y) velocity was at 4 when it was trying to run but I made the animation just do a walk instead and dropped the angular velocity to 1 and it fixed the sliding issue. I also mnade the slope limit 90 on the character controller so it doesn't get stuck on small rocks. My issue is the fact it notices the "hero" within a range of like 2-4 distance but it doesn't keep chasing after it notices it.

44. miroku000

miroku000

So, I have a flying Player, and I have an arrow launcher that I want to follow the player around, but I want it to stay on the ground. However, currently, it seems like when the arrow launcher gets to the stopping distance it is bouncing off and being launched up into the air. If I uncheck "BAN" then the arrow launcher will not launch into the air. But will go all the way to the player instead of staying at a safe distance. And if the player is in the air it will be directly under the player.

So, the arrow launcher is currently configured with an interaction with my player Set to follow them with a stopping distance of 10, to ignore height, and to use stopping distance as a restricted zone:

upload_2016-10-29_17-42-48.png

And the follow Behavior looks like this:

upload_2016-10-29_17-45-35.png

How do I configure it so I can keep the arrow launcher on the ground but have him try to follow the player around and get to a safe shooting distance and stop.

45. paulojsam

paulojsam

i found the unitz adapter on the forum after a bit of reading ... Can ice create an enemy that shoots at the player, search cover and soo on, comparing to tactical shooter AI

46. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Good morning all. I am trying to set up a predator/prey relationship on two AI components. Can anyone link me to any tutorials or posts that could help me?

I have some basic elements setup but could do with some more reading/watching material.

Also on any herbivore AI like finding plants then eating them etc.... mine just seem to ignore items setup up to be food.

47. farooq-gill

farooq-gill

@icetec
    I want the creature to run away from me when I come near it. For that I am using the Escape behavior and I have attached the settings that i am using. Everything is working ok but the problem is the creature is moving backwards instead of running away. I mean its head is still on my side even when it is moving backwards BUT i want its head in the moving direction. Any idea how?. And I am using negative velocity in movement. Here is the screen shot. And I have selected "move" in the "view direction"

Attached Files:

48. Locky

Locky

Supporting version 5.3.2 works fine for me; I am using version 5.4

icetec likes this.
  49. icetec

icetec

Hi Farooq-Gill, please set the 'Viewing Direction' to default and specify a positive forward speed to fix your issue.

farooq-gill likes this.
  50. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Hi Pit,

I'm getting this error when i try and save creature preset.

InvalidOperationException: To be XML serializable, types which inherit from IEnumerable must have an implementation of Add(System.Object) at all levels of their inheritance hierarchy. UnityEngine.Transform does not implement Add(System.Object).
    System.Xml.Serialization.TypeData.get_ListItemType ()
    System.Xml.Serialization.TypeData.get_ListItemTypeData ()