Search Unity

[Updated] Cross Platform Easy Save - The Ultimate Serialization Plugin

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Voxel-Busters, Oct 22, 2018.

1. AWei_L

AWei_L

during Serialize, provide way of showing current Serialize progress

2. AWei_L

AWei_L

some model have problem,Latest version has been fixed?

Attached Files:

3. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Hi, both save and load operations are synchronous by nature. So we didn't provide an option to show progress. We are considering options for supporting async operations and at that point, we will add progress feature.

4. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Hi, is it possible to share sample project having this issue. Our team can look into it and find out the reasons causing this unusual behaviour.

5. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Hi Developers,

It's Black Friday sale time!

You can now buy our top selling product, Cross Platform Native Plugins @ 50% off. Please check it out and make good use of the available offer.

Product Link: http://u3d.as/bV0

Happy coding
    VB Team

6. AWei_L

AWei_L

Thanks for your reply, how long does it take to support asynchronous loading?

7. AWei_L

AWei_L

Thank you, this is the test model:https://pan.baidu.com/s/1YUCJPnzx5qzH593dUyzjjQ

8. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Honestly, as of now we don't have a timeline for it. We are investigating on this subject, the challenging part is ensuring data consistency during async operation. We are considering partial async operation as well i.e, converting object to raw format in synchronous manner and serialising it async manner. We will keep you posted regarding the progress.

9. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Thank you for sharing it. Our team will look into it. Please note, it might take some time to get results as we are occupied with other commitments. You can expect a reply by Tuesday. Hope that is fine with you.

10. AWei_L

AWei_L

Hello, did you find out the reason?

11. Jimbo_Slice

Jimbo_Slice

Can you clarify if it is possible to serialize animation files (.anim) with this asset?

12. chaseholton

chaseholton

Has CPES been tested with Unity 2019.3? Because since updating my project, nothing works anymore. Serialization seems completely broken.

13. chaseholton

chaseholton

UPDATE: SO it works fine in 2019.3, but I believe it has something to do with Addressables. When I rolled back from a version that I was messing with Unity Addressables, it worked when they were removed. Seeing as how Addressables are the ultimate answer to loading/unloading data from RAM, this may be a major hiccup going forward if it truly is an issue with CPES playing nice with it.

Then again, as these forums have shown, I am a dumb dumb with a lot of things and it could just be something I'm screwing up.

14. steveh2112

steveh2112

hi, i'm planning to buy Cross Platform Easy Save, i think it does everything i need but just to be sure, can you confirm?

i'm writing a game builder game: at run time players can edit the scene, including terrain, meshes, and obviously game objects and their components, pretty much everything.

i've looked at your videos and only see serializing simple types like ints, strings, etc. do you have an example of serializing a whole game object., including its children? how about a terrain?

thanks

sujanmishra likes this.
  15. mgstauff

mgstauff

Hi. It seems that your plugin will write out as binary? I can't find it explicitly stated, but you compare your speeds against BinaryFormatter so I'm assuming. Can you confirm? And it look like you support Unity types like Vector3 & Quaternion? Thanks!

16. sujanmishra

sujanmishra

hello i am looking to a solution for webgl / webVR serialization , does this solves this ? if so is there a tutorial or example ? i am looking to have a filebrowser open i.e "standalone file browser" available in git or similiar that opens a path to save ,then use MessagePackSerializer also available in git instead of Jason { not sure but as it says filesize is low and is faster ? } i could make everything work for normal build no issue only webGl/Webvr seems to be very tricky ! tried making HandleIO.jslib => https://amalgamatelabs.com/Blog/4/data_persistence also but it just wouldn't do it.. if this does this process its way better for me to just buy this than investing further time and effort..

17. mgstauff

mgstauff

Anybody out there??

18. f1chris

f1chris

Was about to buy it but thanks god I checked here. An asset with no dev support for over 4 months is a no go for me !

19. mgstauff

mgstauff

Exactly. It's a shame because it generally does what I'm looking for. I bought it just to try it and have had to work through some issues (there's just mediocre documentation), but have hit something that I need the dev for and they're not responding here. I did get one curt reply from them a week ago on their skype chat, but all they did was send a bad link.

f1chris likes this.
  20. shiftypixels

shiftypixels

Just as an FYI for people looking into this plugin.

Loaded it into a blank Unity 2019.3.0f6 project and ran the "SceneSerialisation" demo scene, recieved the following errors:

Upon loading the plugin:
    "Assets/Plugins/VoxelBusters/CrossPlatformEasySave/Scripts/Stream/BinaryStreamReader.cs(180,23): error CS0227: Unsafe code may only appear if compiling with /unsafe. Enable "Allow 'unsafe' code" in Player Settings to fix this error."
    - Turned on "unsafe code" in player settings to remove those errors.

Running the scene:
    "Do not use ReadObjectThreaded on scene objects!"

The demo scene does run and serialising and deserialising the scene objects works as it's supposed to!!

However, when I use the plugin in my project and play in the Editor, I get multiple instances of:

"InvalidOperationException: This cannot be used during play mode.
    UnityEditor.SceneManagement.EditorSceneManager.MarkSceneDirty (UnityEngine.SceneManagement.Scene scene)"

Which is stemming from using the "SerializationUtility.Instantiate" function used to instantiate a GameObject I want to save later on.

Running it after Building seems to alleviate that error, however, I'm getting a bunch of errors trying to create Data Providors for all the various scripts attached to the various GameObjects I'm trying to save the state of.....

So while I think you could make this plugin work out of the box, at least for super simple projects, but for anything more complicated, you will most likely need a high degree of customization.

I think I am going to need to find another solution to save and load my scene's objects....

Hope this helps anyone looking in here!!!

21. yomanx

yomanx

Hi bro, does it have web clouds saves?

22. hdxpmc

hdxpmc

Hello
    We generate data provider for TextMeshPro, when deserializing it informed exception because TMP_Style which don't have the default constructor.
    How to resolve those case when have no default constructor ?

Best regards

23. Marks4

Marks4

@Voxel-Busters I have a question about your replay kit asset. I don't have Skype and I can't get in touch via email, so here it goes:

I want to know if it's possible to use your asset to record a raw image on a canvas. The raw image will have the front camera texture, it will be a selfie app. After recording the selfie, I want to upload the .mp4 to vimeo. There are 3 questions:

1- Can I record the canvas, record the front camera feed that is drawn to the raw image on the canvas?
    2- Do I have access to the generated .mp4 file so I can upload it somewhere that I want? All inside the app?
    3- What are the file extensions your asset generates? .mp4? .avi?