Search Unity

Bug Updated bucket content is not updated on android device

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Content Delivery' started by admin_8C, Oct 30, 2021.

1. admin_8C

admin_8C

Hello good team,

When I update a bucket and run the app on my device, nothing change.

The only way for me to make it work is to build a new client and upload it on google play. Then it is able to detect the last version of my bucket.

By the way, that is not the goal. I want the stuff to be downloaded on the device without needs me to build a new version of the app everytime I update something in a bucket.

Thanks in advance,

2. admin_8C

admin_8C

I can delete and reinstall the app, it dowload content that was in the previous bucket version.
    But the previous bucket had been updated.

It makes no sense for me.
    Where the app is finding what does not exist even after clearing the cache and being reinstalled?

Why does it works only when I create another build for google play. What is the relation between those ?

No, the content is not included in the app, size is till 25.6mb at every modifiction (sounds and sprites changes).

Please help.

3. admin_8C

admin_8C

Solved.

Actually if you meet the same issue keep in mind to remove stuff from the bucket only if you want to publish a new version of the app.
    Otherwise, update your bucket only by adding content and do not touch the rest.
    Select all the files created by unity and not only the one you want to update and add them to the bucket.
    Also, you can link directly unity to the CCD from the groups if your client is recent enough. It can help to avoid issues.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
    SebT_Unity likes this.
  4. darashayda

darashayda

I did have the same run around and best to delete all, upload all + updated stuff and then new release.

Smart thing at CCD end is that the URL for the new release is intact therefore no need to rebuild the Unity app.

We prefer to upload all over again than chase the anomalies as you noted.

In our case the content is far larger than 10s of MBs , yet we need to make sure we have a fresh new release.

Best of luck .

Dara

5. admin_8C

admin_8C

This is what I was naturally doing before getting this issue.
    I would clear the bucket before importing something new instead of accumulate old usless stuff.

Now I clear it only in case I update the app on google play.
    If not I just add the new content and it works (except for specific shaders but this is another story).

May the force be with you too.

SebT_Unity likes this.
  6. darashayda

darashayda

As you might have noticed I am parked here for life ha ha hah ... So let's compare notes.

Love to learn and share ...

Dara

7. SebT_Unity

SebT_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi admin_8C,
    Thanks for sharing your solution.

I agree that this would be the best approach keep existing bucket files until a new release then you can go ahead and clear the old files if you are building a new release for the playStore

Best of luck on your project

Seb