Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[ UPDATED ] Archimatix Pro Tools & Nodes 1.4

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by RuinsOfFeyrin, Jul 12, 2017.

1. RuinsOfFeyrin

RuinsOfFeyrin

Infographic.png
    SceneParameterComponentInspector.png
    NodesInfoGraphic.png

Pro Logic Nodes

Overview

Pro Logic Nodes for Archimatix is a set of expansion nodes that brings the control over your models to the next level by allowing you to perform scene wide changes to multiple models, and bringing complex logical conditionals to your models.

Pro Logic nodes currently brings two new and very powerful nodes to the table, as well as a GameObject component. The Scene Parameter Node, Command Node, and Scene Parameter Component.

Components Overview
    Scene Parameter Component
    The Scene Parameter Component is designed to allow you to define scene level parameters that your Archimatix Graphs can make use of allowing multiple models to share and react to the same parameters.

Nodes Overview
    Scene Parameter Node
    The Scene Parameter Node gives a graph access to a set of scene parameters you have defined using the Scene Parameter Component that is also included in this package. This allows you to have multiple AX Graphs share and use variables allowing them re-act to changes at the scene level.

When a Scene Parameter Node is added to a graph it finds the Scene Parameter Component for the current scene and adds all the scene parameters you have defined on your component to the node. From here on out any time you change a Scene Parameters value via the game component, or through code, the Scene Parameter Node’s matching parameters values will also be updated. When need parameters are added to the Scene Parameter component all Scene Parameter Nodes in all Graphs in the scene are also updated to include the new parameter.

Command Node
    The Command Node is a super powered general purpose logic node that has the ability to perform a myriad of complicated logical operations within your graph.

The Command Node allows you to add and remove parameters from it, much like a Shape or Grouper Node would, and it allows you to use TurtleScript within the context of this node.

By combining all of this together you are able to perform just about any sort of logical operation you can dream up to alter your model.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  2. RuinsOfFeyrin

RuinsOfFeyrin

VERSION 1.2
    516x389.png

Version 1.2 Changes

• SVGToTurtle Importer UI Overhaul
      The entire UI for the SVGToTurtle importer has been redone to be more intuitive and user friendly.
    • 3 New Extended Turtle Script Commands
      offset, flipX and flipY
    • SVGToTurtle Multi-Path selection
      Select multiple paths to be exported to a single SVGNode.
    • Import SVG button on SVGNode's
      The SVGNode now has an "Import SVG" button that shows up on it when its code property is blank. Hitting this button will automatically launch the SVG Importer for you.

Intial View
    main_screen.png

Select Path View

select_path_screen.png

Export View

export_screen.png

Update has been uploaded to the asset store and is simply awaiting approval.

3. Enoch

Enoch

Fantastic news. SVGFile sounds exactly like what I am looking for. Thanks for putting this together. This opens up a world of procedural possibilities when sitting on top of archimatrix.

4. RuinsOfFeyrin

RuinsOfFeyrin

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know that Version 1.3 of the Archimatix Pro Tools & Node package has been uploaded to the asset store and is awaiting review. This version is actually being pushed to the asset store ahead of schedule just to release the AXInstanceController node. That's how amazing I think this node is.

Version 1.3 Changes

AXInstanceController
    The AXInstanceController node allows you to target another AXModel in the scene, and adds that models exposed parameters as inputs. This allows you to have the parameters from one graph drive the exposed parameters of another graph. Currently bool, ints and floats, but im looking in to expanding it to allow to do more like materials and such.​
    • You can have one graph control an entire scene of ax models.
    • You can design larger models in smaller parts that are driven by the main model.
    • You could target an AXModel in the scene with an AXInstanceController, and then use the PrefabInstancer to repeat it around the scene. You can now dynamically instantiate multiple copies of the original prefab, and use the AXInstanceController to update them all.

Yes the name of the package has also changed. This is so the package is easier to distinguish as being an add-on for Archimatix in the search results on the asset store.

This update also marks then end of the sale, and the package will be returning to $25.

wetcircuit likes this.
  5. trilobyteme

trilobyteme

I just (finally) got the chance to pick this up yesterday, and start working with it today. I am trying to bring in a logo designed in Adobe Illustrator, but running into some troubles with the SVG2Turtle importer.

I start in Illustrator, opening up the logo and selecting all.
    Screen Shot 2017-10-18 at 6.24.50 PM.png
    I save as SVG, and then bring a copy of that file into my Unity 5.6.4f1 project. It's worth noting that a) the importer brings the design in upside down. In order for it to appear right-side up in Unity, I rotated the design 180 in Illustrator.

Now I get the design in two parts (each contiguous piece is a path). It defaults to way too many segments to look right, but I figured out to tweak the number of segments in the export step (which the importer seems to remember).
    Screen Shot 2017-10-18 at 6.20.18 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-10-18 at 6.20.30 PM.png

This gives me two separate nodes in Archimatix, which is all fine and good, but there are a few issues. First, there are some weird visual artifacts - from a distance it looks like there are some glitches or jagged components, but if I zoom in closely enough, the actual shape appears to be fine. Second, the shape is offset from the center by a wide margin (in the pic below, the AXmodel object is at 0,0,0). Third, it's a much larger size than I would like to use in my project.
    Screen Shot 2017-10-18 at 6.22.52 PM.png

I've tried playing with a bunch of different settings, and I can not get this to either resize like a normal Archimatix shape (simple x/y slider), or find a place where I can tap in a manual override. I did see in the importer where I could adjust the size during import, but the main reason I wanted to bring the logo art into Archimatix was so that I could adjust when building inside Unity.

Am I missing something? I tried using SVG 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2 in both basic and tiny... the best results (the only one that included both paths) were in 1.2 tiny. I'm still very much an Archimatix beginner, please forgive me if I'm missing something obvious, I'd appreciate any help you could give me. Thanks!

6. RuinsOfFeyrin

RuinsOfFeyrin

Hey @trilobyteme

First, thanks for checking out the Pro Package.

Sadly this is a product of how different programs save out their images. Some programs they are rotated 180, some are mirrored on the vertical axis, sadly there is no way to detect what the "right" orientation for an image is. You shoud be able to rotate this in the importer... somewhere... now i have to go check. [Update] Ok its not hooked in, i see in my notes i left it out and intended to let people just rotate it on the node... but that isn't working, or wasn't, I have fixed it now for the next update so that the transform properties are properly applied to the path.

The design coming in two parts is because Illustrator has exported them as separate paths. Im not sure if illustrator will let you export it as a single path, but if not you can always export the two paths, and then open up the turtle script for one, and place it in the other. I know that is not an ideal solution, I do however have in the works an update for that package which among other things allows you to import multiple paths to a single node.

This is something on unity's end and is purely a visual artifact (the shape itself is correct). It happens at random weird view angles, and at random distances.

Again this is a result of the way an SVG file is saved. When saved SVG paths and shapes exist only in the +x/+y quadrant. They are not saved centered on an origin. I could include a "center" path option (there might be one already....maybe i didn't hook it in). This would of course center a path on its bounds, which may or may not be what you would want to be the center.

SVG Turtle data contains no parameters. So there are no scene handles for you to adjust. There is no parametric information about a path in an svg file to pull in to a node. It is these parametric properties of a shape that allow it to have scene handles and be altered and changed.

I could put the segment and scale parameters on the node, but that would mean i would need to store the original svg path data with the node as well (not a problem, but not something i had considered before) since I need the original path data to convert to turtle script again when those parameters are changed.

With that said, the next update allows you to import an SVG file on the fly, including specify which paths to include, and their segment and scale factors. I will make it a point to wrap up this update and get it out this weekend.

Also somewhere in there you mentioned the images were coming in WAY bigger then you wanted them to. This is because SVG files use pixels as their unit of measure. So in a typical drawing application at normal zoom level 1 unit of measure in an svg = 1 pixel. However when you bring this in to the realm of Unity 1 unity of measure is not a pixel, its 1 unity unit of measure, which is 1 meter (i think its 1 meter). So in a drawing application a 64x64 pixel svg files is tiny. However when brought in to unity, it is 64 meters x 64 meters in size.

So to recap, SVG's in general are tricky beasts, but I will try to make it a point to put in an option to center imported paths on origin, and put the segments and scale on the nodes them selves so they can be adjusted and then push the update which also includes the ability to import more then a single path to a node, and the ability to import SVGs on the fly.

Again thanks for checking out the package, sorry you had those few hiccups, but i do really appreciate the feedback.

if you have any other questions, more then happy to help.

-=-=UPDATE=-=-

Ok, so i just checked and in the current live version of the importer you should be able to include multiple paths in to a single node already. Holding down the shift key when selecting nodes will add them to the list of nodes to export. If upon exporting the node does not look as you would expect, the path data itself is "incorrect" to be a merged path. The "orientation" or a path plays a big role in determining if it is solid, or a cutout. So it would seem i need to add an option to allow you to "over-ride" the default orientation of each selected path. Look forward to this in the update this weekend as well hopefully.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    wetcircuit likes this.
  7. trilobyteme

trilobyteme

Thanks for the quick reply.

I can absolutely just rotate it on my end, but figured it was worth reporting in case it was something that could be more easily tweaked in the future.

As for the paths, that's understandable as well (C4D does similar with .ai files). I wasn't having any luck copying and pasting the logic from one into another to try and manually combine them, but given how little I know about turtlescript I'm sure that was something I was missing. I think popping them into a shape merger will do the trick

I'll try to mess around with the size of the art board and other document setting in Illustrator, maybe I can do something that will have a more central origin, or that I can offset a bit more easily. Image size might be more of a head-scratcher to figure out, since the thing about vector drawing programs is that they're vector and not pixel based. Maybe digging through the Illustrator prefs or searching around for info on how it exports will reveal some info about DPI defaults (when exporting PNG, for example, I can easily specify 75, 150, 300, or custom).

Based on that update, I'll play around a bit more with the importer, and of course keep my eyes open for the update. In the days/weeks/months ahead I look forward to getting to use the other tools in the set. I've really been enjoying using AX so far, and feel like once I start to get the hang of it I'll be able to use it to make a lot of stuff.

8. RuinsOfFeyrin

RuinsOfFeyrin

True, i was over simplifying the answer. In reality its the programs drawing the SVG's that operate in pixels, and thus the point information for the paths from most programs tends to be in integer pixel units, so the conversion of 1 unit (typically pixels) converts to 1 unity unit (meter).

Perhaps I should add an option on export besides scale, something like 'constrain' which allows you to enter the width/height you would like the outputted shape to be constrained to in unity units of measure. This would allow you to more easily make any given SVG file fit within a certain size regardless of its actual size, so there would be no need to manually figure out the scale value based on the overall bounds of the path.

9. RuinsOfFeyrin

RuinsOfFeyrin

And I must of been extra tired last night when i responded, because I was almost positive I had added in a way to handle the rotation issue.

When you add a path to the list of paths to be exported. You can click on its titlebar (in the right side list), and a drop down will come up for that entry allowing you to flip it on the x and/or y axis, as well as adjust its offset. The offset is particularly useful for aligning multiple paths (such as letters) to create whole words.

FlipRotate.gif

[Edit] Im only half correct. Apparently i hooked this in for glyphs (which are typically letters), but not paths. This has been fixed and will be in the next update.

10. trilobyteme

trilobyteme

Yeah, I was going to say, when I clicked on a path it just disappeared. I figured the glyph stuff only applied if I was working with designs that were recognized as letters or symbols.

11. trilobyteme

trilobyteme

Update - shift-clicking on the paths worked perfectly, and I found that if I reduced the size of the artboard to be just big enough to contain the design, it comes into Archimatix at a normal position (in relation to the design).

Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 11.25.54 AM.png

I wish there was a way to be able to adjust the number of segments from within the node, instead of only at the time of import. The thumbnail preview is fairly small, plus sometimes you can't really tell whether you need more segments (or can make do with fewer) until you can see the thing you're building in the editor. Perhaps a height, width, and segs control in the geometry section, similar to the way it works with other AX shapes?

Another thing I've noticed is the SVGTurtle node does not display the number of verts in the bottom left, as normal shape nodes do. If it would be possible to add that in a future update, that would be awesome.

Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 11.39.46 AM.png

12. RuinsOfFeyrin

RuinsOfFeyrin

Check, this request is now completed. As a result of hooking this up the output parameter for the SVGTurtle node *should* now also properly fire the WasAltered event on the parameter which is useful for people doing things at runtime.

SVGTurtle nodes now also have several new parameters on them that all work.
    • Constrained Width - Stretches the shape on the X axis so that the width of the bounds of the shape matches the supplied Value.
    • Constrained Height - Stretches the shape on the Y axis so that the height of the bounds of the shape matches the supplied Value.
    • Maintained Aspect Ratio - Forces the Contrained Width and Constrained Height to have the same aspects ratio as the natural bounds of the shape. Setting the height will cause the width to update. Setting the width will cause the height to update.
    • Center Path - Centers the shapes on the origin (0,0) by using the bounding box of the shape to calculate the offset.

The parameters "Segments" and "Import Scale" are also on the node, however I am changing how im going to go about handling this. For "Segments" Im going to update the SVG-2-Turtle converter to have it make use of a variable named "Segments" instead of hard coding in the supplied value, and then push the supplied value to the Segments property on the node.

As for ImportScale, Im debating how to handle this. Since i have fixed it so the transform properties are now properly applied to the shape, the Scale parameters there now apply to the shape. The reason there is a scale factor even in the importer is because if you import an SVG at a large resolution, the built in scale property on nodes is artificially constrained to a minimum of .2 so in the case of an svg image that is something like 1000x1000 pixels, scaling it by .2 only brings it down to 200x200 which in unity measurements is 200x200 meters, RIDICULOUSLY huge even at the minim scale factor. So by applying the scale directly during conversion from svg to turtle to a smaller size, it now makes the scale property on the node work more appropriately since its re-scaling the already scaled down path data, if that makes sense.

So now since i hooked up the transform scales to work, im not entirely sure i need the "Import Scale" parameter at all anymore. Input would be appreciated on this.

Im also currently in the process of making the native AX Align parameters work, which would actually allow me to remove the "centerPath" parameter since the align parameters are supposed to handle this, but do not work on Any type of 2D node in the first place, not just mine.

13. trilobyteme

trilobyteme

That rocks, I'll definitely check into it once the update's out.

Attached Files:

14. RuinsOfFeyrin

RuinsOfFeyrin

Hey Everyone,

So 1.4 is now live!
    All the recently discussed features are in the package (ImportScale, Segments, Contrained Height & Width, Center Shape) and the Transform control work properly now so you can move and rotate the path.

The only thing that didn't make it in this release was the runtime loading of svg path data. Changing the way paths are imported to now include the ImportScale and Segments values requires a small update to the code so that it works properly now. I however wanted to push out these other changes to the SVG Importer and node.

Enjoy.

trilobyteme likes this.
  15. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

SVG to TURTLE!

SVG01.jpg SVG03.jpg

atomicjoe, elbows and trilobyteme like this.
  16. atomicjoe

atomicjoe

Hello @RuinsOfFeyrin,
    Your asset stopped working with the latest release of Archimatix :(
    The author had to change some internals to make it work with Unity 2018.3 and higher, so it should be that.
    Here is the error:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Assets\630Studios\Archimatix Nodes\Pro Logic Nodes\AX_SVGToTurtle\Editor\AX_SVGToTurtle.cs(950,75): error CS1061: 'AXParametricObject' does not contain a definition for 'Type' and no accessible extension method 'Type' accepting a first argument of type 'AXParametricObject' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

17. trilobyteme

trilobyteme

+1 to what @atomicjoe said, the AX 1.2.1 broke the svg to turtle script in Pro Logic Nodes. Please fix

atomicjoe likes this.
  18. atomicjoe

atomicjoe

I just contacted the author by email. He'll be fixing it asap. :)

19. CapeskinJon

CapeskinJon

Hello,

Jon from 630Studios here. The owner wanted me to pop on and let you guys know that there is indeed an update in the pipeline. It was to be pushed to the asset store today, but it look like AX is pushing another update out as well, and given that rory has broken our addons with almost every single update he has ever made we will be holding off on pushing the update for my packs until the newest AX comes through and we can verify that it works with them.

Sorry for the inconvenience, there is not a lot we can do though as we do not have any advanced access or warning of AX release and have to wait till they come out to see if they break things.

Thank you all again for your your patience.

[Edit] Also, we don't not regularly monitor these forums. In the future if you have encounter any issues with any of our AX addons, the quickest route is to shoot us an email.

20. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 8.58.38 AM.png

16 months? :rolleyes:
    Sure Jan.

21. CapeskinJon

CapeskinJon

I was referring more specifically to the master pack which includes ALL the packages. Pretty much all of the Archimatix updates have broken at-least one of our assets, which in turn breaks the master pack.

So please go troll elsewhere.

Jon

22. CapeskinJon

CapeskinJon

And it looks like we were right. The latest update has indeed broken more things.
    Word from above is another update will be in the asset store in day or so.

Apologies folks, such things are outside our control.

23. trilobyteme

trilobyteme

I can appreciate that you're just piggy-backing on top of another asset developer's creation, but 630 did used to be proactive in working with Rory. I don't know if it was due to getting advance notice of changes, or simply testing software with betas, but lately it seems like breaking changes are caught completely off-guard and take longer to fix.

It feels very much like 630's phoning it in. And accusing @wetcircuit of trolling.... makes me think @CapeskinJon is the real troll. Anyone who's spent 10 or more minutes perusing Archimatix-related threads on the Unity forums (which you'd expect from a developer that makes AX add-ons) should know better. As a user and customer, I'd appreciate it if you spent less time trolling long-time evangelists and members of the community and more time supporting your products.

wetcircuit likes this.
  24. CapeskinJon

CapeskinJon

In case anyone is wondering, the asset updates are just awaiting Unity's approval.

@trilobyteme

There are a few reasons for this.
    1) When we first started producing the assets beta builds used to hit the slack with much more notice before going to the asset store. In more recent history this is not the case, there have even been cases where beta builds are not even posted to the slack. This gives us far less time to respond to changes and do any fixes we need to do and test everything.

Im not sure if you are aware of how many versions of Unity there actually are, but there are a CRAP-TON. Our assets get tested in each and every single one of them, every single time we have to do an update. This is a time consuming and laborious process. We have recently upped the minimum version requirement for our assets, but its still a crap ton of versions.

We also have several test scenes we have to verify on each one of those versions checking to make sure the scene looks right to verify something else isn't broken. Which just makes it even more time consuming cause we are not just checking that code compiles cleanly.

2) We no longer use AX ourselves very often, for various reasons. This means there may be times we don't catch that an update caused an issue until a customer mentions something to us. If this happens as soon as a customer notifies us of an issue, we respond, and we rectify it as quickly as possible.

Our support email goes directly to the owners phone, and he is always logged into discord on it as well. He responds to both very promptly. I believe you yourself @trilobyteme have gotten pretty much immediate responses any time you have contacted our owner. I would hardly say he is "phoning in".

3) And In-case there is any misconception, the sales of AX add-ons are not some giant profit reaping source of income that allows us the benefit of working on the assets as our job. We all have regular jobs that at random intervals may require more of our attention then at others limiting our time work on our unity related projects and assets. So yes there will be times we are not 'Right on top' of an AX update, but we try out best.

Despite all of this, we still fully support our AX addons, and do our best to keep them updated as quickly as possible and respond to all customer support request with promptness. We sorry if you feel we have been on the ball, but the next time you have an issue please feel free to shoot us an email or stop by our discord.

25. trilobyteme

trilobyteme

Just fix the plugin already, stop inciteful conversations calling me out on Discord to attempt to make the case that contributing members of the community are trolls.

There's probably a reason why you are or were at risk of having your accounts pulled on these forums. I can appreciate that not everybody on a message board would be friends, but there's no need to get hostile and start disparaging other users. I'm not sure what's happened or led to the current state, but I wish you well and look forward to support eventually getting back to the awesome levels that they once were.

26. CapeskinJon

CapeskinJon

Like the last post said. The updates been pending.

27. trilobyteme

trilobyteme

If you're not bothering to test your products against either updates to Unity or the product that you're leaching onto (in this case, Archimatix Pro), you're already losing the game.

And to answer with anything other than "updates are on their way, sorry for the delay" is a massive customer service failure. Going beyond that to disparage other users only shows us what you think of contributors to the community, and then belaboring that point only makes the squabbles look more petty... and in the light of no available update, distracting as well.

28. CapeskinJon

CapeskinJon

Where did i say we were not testing anything?? I'm pretty sure i outlined exactly how thoroughly we test which coupled with the lack of time between beta posts in slack (if they happen) and the time rory posts them to the store being almost nothing is part of the delay in addons getting out compared to when we first released them when beta posts would be up for atleast a week before going to the store. Nothing we can do about that. Its not like we get advanced access or notice that his changes are going to break out addon's and in what way.

Fairly certain I have said every time that the updates are on their way.

There is a history between that user and the owner. If you are unaware of it, Im sorry, not a lot I can do to help that. The post they made was most definitely and attempt at trolling. You can be a contributor to a community and still be a troll on someones post. The two are not mutually exclusive.

And again, updates pending in que, not a whole lot we can do about that to speed things up.

29. trilobyteme

trilobyteme

I'm sure you're probably already on top of it, but Pro Tools & Nodes and Shape Logic Nodes broke with the Archimatix Pro 1.2.3 update released on 18 October. Numerous "The type or namespace name `AXGeometryTools' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?" hard stop errors in each asset.

30. atomicjoe

atomicjoe

Waiting for the update here too.
    I also wanted to say that continued support is very much apreciated, even if it's not spot on time with Archimatix updates.
    Too many assets get deprecated in the asset store. I'm glad this is not the case.

31. viktorkadza

viktorkadza

Hi, can u plese describe what kind of bezier-s are those new bezier types in turtle script?
    CBEZIER = 1,
    cBEZIER = 2,
    SBEZIER = 3,
    sBEZIER = 4,
    QBEZIER = 5,
    qBEZIER = 6,
    TBEZIER = 7,
    tBEZIER = 8

32. viktorkadza

viktorkadza

tried the svg2turtle node. something went wrong with the parser or something else:
    upload_2020-8-9_8-26-39.png
    itt look like at the right starting point of curved part it is moving to the left start point of curve and going back.

edit:
    the parser is ok,i checked the values are same on both sides. maybe it is because the extended turtle compiler. I replaced the svgL with drw and put everything in original AX shape node and everything worked fine.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  33. JuanJSAR

JuanJSAR

How can this asset be downloaded currently?