Search Unity

[UPDATED] Amplify Motion - Quality vector based motion blur

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Amplify_Ricardo, Dec 5, 2013.

1. TeohRIK

TeohRIK

Currently I developing a first person type of game and so I using multiple camera setup to make my character not look like clip into the wall, it same like this tutorial

and I only apply the amplify motion component to my main camera, then I increase the Overlay Cameras value to 1 and drag in my second camera to the slot, I just follow the document u guys provided

2. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Thank you for the additional information and for sending us a sample project. We were able to reproduce the issue on our side and will post our findings as soon as possible.

3. MaxWitsch

MaxWitsch

Hello,

Im currently working on a Model Viewer where Motion Blur is Required.
    Unfortunately there is (probably) a bug wich annoyes me.

Unbenannt.PNG

As you can see, I set up Amplifiy Motion but it seems as if the objects witch generating MotionVectors Overdrawing the Static Geometry.
    This only appears when the Camera has some distanze to the Geometry (probably a Depth Bias problem).

1.PNG 2.PNG

Camera Setup:
    Rendering Path: Deferred
    Colorspace: Linear
    HDR: On
    Near Clipping: 0.3

I tryed tweaking and disable all Parameters witch could affect this problem but with no success.
    Please help me this is realy necessary.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  4. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch, we would be happy to help. Does adjusting the Depth Threshold not help at all? Are you using the Auto Register Obj option? Adding an Amplify Motion Obj component to the root of the object being smudged could help correct it.

We can examine it on our side if the information above does not help. Feel free to send a download link to support@amplify.pt, or via a Forum PM.

Thanks!

5. MaxWitsch

MaxWitsch

Thanks for the Tipps but,
    unfortunately it did not help.
    I have sent you a download link of the project to "support@amplify.pt"

6. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

No problem, happy to help. We will examine it and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks!

7. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

We just did a few tests and, unfortunately, it seems to be related to Z-buffer precision issues. Currently, the only way to correct the issue in your particular case is to increase the Near Plane value depending on the camera distance. We also recommend using the lowest possible Far Plane value.

Let us know if that works for your project, thanks!

8. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello everyone,

We updated our download system, use your Unity invoice numbers to access any of your Amplify Packages. Due to Asset Store review and submission times, the version in our own site is always the most recent.

Amplify Products - Download Page

Thanks!

9. straylight

straylight

Does this work in Unity 5.5? Thanks

10. Eriks-indesign

Eriks-indesign

Yes, but with the current version you just need to add: " using UnityEngine.Profiling; " at the top of every script that is showing the error: "The name `Profiler' does not exist in the current context". This is due to that Unity's Profiler class has moved from UnityEngine namespace to UnityEngine.Profiling in version 5.5 :) Have a great day! :)

hopeful likes this.
  11. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hi!

We recently submitted a new package with Unity 5.5 support. Review times tend to vary, we recommend downloading it directly from our website using the Unity Asset Store invoice number.

Amplify Products - Download

Looking forward to feedback, thanks!

UPDATE: Apologies for the inconvenience, the package was not replaced earlier for some reason, please download it again.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  12. PieterAlbers

PieterAlbers

Hi!

I am currently evaluating the asset. However I get the following error :
    MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderTargetIdentifier.op_Implicit'.
    AmplifyMotionEffectBase.OnPostRender ()

I am using Unity 5.5.0f3

Cheers,
    Pieter

13. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Our apologies for the inconvenience, thank you for reporting the problem. There seems to be a problem with our latest Unity 5.5 compatibility update, we will let you know as soon as it's corrected.

Thank you for your patience.

14. PieterAlbers

PieterAlbers

no problem - thanks for getting back so quickly

15. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Happy to help. Please download the latest package directly from our website, we corrected the issue.

Amplify Motion Trial - Download

Thanks!

16. PieterAlbers

PieterAlbers

Everything is working now - thanks for your help!

17. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Awesome, happy to hear it!

18. DragonSix

DragonSix

So uh... I have some clothes (as in Unity cloth) attached as separate objects to a character. At first I thought amplify motion didn't work with those, but then I saw that the clothes are shown in debug mode about 2 meters under their actual attached position.

Something's off with that.

19. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch, we would be happy to help. What's your current Unity and Amplify Motion version? Are you using the Auto Register Objs option? Adding the AM object script to the root of the asset might help correct the issue.

Looking forward to your reply.

20. DragonSix

DragonSix

I'm on the last asset store version of Amplify Motion, and my current unity version is 5.5.0p1.
    I use the autoregister option, and I also tried adding the AM object script manually. It happens on every character that has cloth meshes, on two different projects.

This is a pretty old issue, I've seen it last year and thought that clothes weren't supposed to be compatible at the time, but they are, just at the wrong place.

21. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Thank you for the additional information, we really appreciate it. It might be unrelated to the old issue, we have fixed quite a few bugs in recent updates. We would love to run some tests tomorrow, can you send us a sample via email?

Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  22. AnomalusUndrdog

AnomalusUndrdog

Hi,

I keep getting this error when I put Amplify Motion on my Main Camera:

It keeps spamming my console log. I tried searching for this error if anyone has a fix for this but nothing comes up.

Other than that though, the plugin seems to work fine.

I'm using Amplify Motion 1.8.2_dev002 and Unity 5.5.2f1.

23. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Thank you for using Amplify Motion, we really appreciate it. Do you see any invalid objects in your asset hierarchy? Can you send us the asset causing the issue directly to support@amplify.pt? We would love to examine it further.

Thanks!

24. AnomalusUndrdog

AnomalusUndrdog

Hi, thanks for the reply. Nothing else in my scene is reporting an error. But when I get the time, I'll try to create a minimal project that recreates the issue and send it.

25. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to prepare a sample. What kind of asset is it? Any information that might help us replicate the problem on our side is very welcome.

Thanks!

26. AnomalusUndrdog

AnomalusUndrdog

The error message doesn't say exactly, so it'll be a little hard to track it down. The only clue I have is, that the call stack says it's something about a SkinnedMeshRenderer so it could be one of my characters.

I'll try to prepare a project in the coming weekend when I have time.

27. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Thank you for the additional information. It does seem to point at an invalid object, or objects, in your skinned mesh hierarchy. We will know for sure as soon as we get a chance to test it on our side.

Thanks!

28. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

New Amplify Motion update, now with Unity 5.6 support!

Amplify Motion - Product Page

Arkade and zyzyx like this.
  29. Arkade

Arkade

Great to hear! Thanks!
    Anything particular changed? Out of curiosity, are you now using the Unity-provided motion vectors for better performance / less resources / ?
    (Forgive if this is an old question)
    Thanks!

30. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hey there,

Mostly bug fixes and improved compatibility. In the last couple of versions we fixed a few Unity 4 GL compilation errors, corrected Depth Threshold problems, added proper support for Unity 5.5 and 5.6, fixed a bug that caused a few crashes on Metal and iOS 10, and fixed critical depth issue responsible for some serious artifacts in recent Unity releases.

We are not using the provided Unity motion vectors in the current Amplify Motion version.

Thanks!

31. delphinius81

delphinius81

@Amplify_Ricardo Does amplify motion work with VR? Was checking out the demo version to see if it would work for my needs. However, when I add the AmplifyMotion component to my camera, it ends up rendering 4 images as in the shot below.

upload_2017-4-5_15-49-43.png

32. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Thank you for your interest but, unfortunately, we currently don't recommend using Amplify Motion with VR devices. We will keep you posted on any related developments.

Thanks!

33. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Madness Sale!
    Get Amplify Bloom for only $17.50.

Amplify Motion - Asset Store Page
    Fully Functional Trial Version - Download

What does Firewatch, p.a.m.e.l.a., Manifold Garden, Rust, The Forest, Night In The Woods, Broforce and Star Wars Journeys Ep 1 – to name a few – have in common? Check out our full suite of Amplify Unity Products and find out what they can do for your project.

34. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Be a part of the investigator team in White Noise 2 by Milkstone Studios, or take control of the creature and devour them! White Noise 2 offers a 4vs1 asymmetric horror experience that won't leave anyone unmoved. Check out their use of Amplify Bloom and Amplify Motion!

Amplify Bloom - Asset Store Page
    Fully Functional Trial Versions - Download

What does Firewatch, p.a.m.e.l.a., Manifold Garden, Rust, The Forest, Night In The Woods, Broforce and Star Wars Journeys Ep 1 – to name a few – have in common? Check out our full suite of Amplify Unity Products and find out what they can do for your project

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  35. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

In Stranded Deep you take the role of a plane crash survivor stranded somewhere in the Pacific Ocean. Experience terrifying encounters both above and below an endless environment. Come face to face with some of the most life threatening scenarios that will result in a different experience each time you play.

Gorgeous and realistic visuals are paired with Amplify Motion for an ultimate survival experience!

What does Firewatch, p.a.m.e.l.a., Manifold Garden, Rust, The Forest, Night In The Woods, Broforce and Star Wars Journeys Ep 1 – to name a few – have in common? Check out our full suite of Amplify Unity Products and find out what they can do for your project

36. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

50% OFF - Get Amplify Motion for only $12.50!

Fully Functional Trial Version - Download

What does Firewatch, p.a.m.e.l.a., Manifold Garden, Rust, The Forest, Night In The Woods, Broforce and Star Wars Journeys Ep 1 – to name a few – have in common? Check out our full suite of Amplify Unity Products and find out what they can do for your project.

37. FaberVi

FaberVi

No VR and unity 2017.1.1 support? :/

38. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Thank you for your interest, we really appreciate it. Sadly, we don't recommend using it with VR Applications and Games, Amplify Motion will likely be displayed incorrectly. Amplify Motion does offer you a couple of parameters that you can tweak in order to control its intensity, we recommend setting the camera multiplier to 0.

You may still download our fully functional trial version from our download page if you want to see for yourself or check out our other products, we always encourage our users to try our products to see how they work for their projects before committing to a purchase!

Apologies for the inconvenience.

39. nomax5

nomax5

Hi.
    I'm playing around with the Post processing stack and I wondered if Amplify Motion is redundant now as you get motion blur in the stack?

I'm hoping Amplify motion is better in some way like performance and you reccomend it over the one in the post processing stack

Cheers

Roy

40. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello Roy,

Thanks for getting in touch, we really appreciate your interest. There are plenty of uses for Amplify Motion, performance being one of our main concerns. Our solution offers several quality modes, including a mobile specific quality setting, along with independent controls for camera and object blur, quality steps, motion scale, even min-max velocity and depth thresholds. It also provides an easy way to exclude specific objects via its Culling Mask options.

We invite you to try it out for yourself, we offer fully functional trial versions directly via our web site.

Amplify Product Trials

Looking forward to your feedback!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  41. nomax5

nomax5

Thanks for your reply Ricardo,

I already own Amplify Motion, I haven't used it much because I feel it's esthetics and something that is done towards the end of development.
    Like many Indie's I never seem to get to the end of development. lol

But....

The important points are:
    1 Amplify Motion is better for me than the standard motion blur. (probably)
    2 The product is still very much supported as you responded very quickly.

In light of this I will have a good look at the other Amplify products

Cheers

Roy

42. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

I completely understand, we hope that you get to use it in one of your projects. Thank you for your support, we really appreciate it!

Stay tuned!

43. nxrighthere

nxrighthere

It's possible to disable motion blur for the camera, but keep it for the objects in the scene?

44. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Hello!

Yes, in order to disable motion blur for the camera all you need to do is to set the camera multiplier to zero.

Thank you for getting in touch!

nxrighthere likes this.
  45. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Superflight is a game about flying in a wingsuit through colorful mountainscapes and scoring as many points as possible by pulling off risky proximity maneuvers. The controls are super intuitive and easy to learn, and there is an endless amount of procedurally generated maps for you to explore.

If you enjoy simple games about flying and speed, look no further and fly away into a Amplify Motion enhanced experience!

Check out our full suite of Amplify Unity Products and find out what they can do for your project

46. TeohRIK

TeohRIK

Hi,

How can I disable amplify motion on runtime, cause I realize even I disable the effect on camera during runtime, the AmplifyMotionObjectBase Update still running and show in profiler. Should I disable Amplify Motion Object script for all the object attach with also?

Thanks

47. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Currently, disabling the Amplify Motion component does not automatically disable all object scripts. They're extremely lightweight but I see how this could be a problem for complex applications, we'll add a request for that improvement.

Apologies for the inconvenience, we'll notify you as soon as we have any related developments.

Thanks!

48. TeohRIK

TeohRIK

Hello,

Yea, it pretty lightweight actually, but it taking around 1ms CPU time because of complex scene...so now I disable the amplify object script manually if player turn off the motion blur from graphic settings by finding all the object attach with amplify object script during the initialize. Looking forward for the improvement.

Thanks!

49. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Thank you for your patience, hopefully we can improve it soon!

Be sure to let us know if you run into any additional issues.

50. Freznosis

Freznosis

HI I was interested in purchasing Amplify Motion as the PPS motion blur is not living up to what I need it to.

1. Is there plans to support the new PPS 2 to take advantage of the performance and execution order improvements?
    2. Is there a way to "visualize" motion blur? With the default motion blur of Unity you can set custom motion vectors to visualize what the blur would look like without their being any motion from the camera. This is handy for screenshot systems where the camera is static when the picture is taken. Is this possible with Amplify Motion?
    3. Does Amplify Motion integrate with Unity's Motion Vector Shader or is it a component approach where scripts are attached to all objects in your scene?
    Thanks.