Search Unity

[UPDATED] Amplify Motion - Quality vector based motion blur

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Amplify_Ricardo, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hi,

By default, Amplify Motion automatically adds a script to your dynamic assets that determines how the object motion blur effect should be applied. I'm not entirely sure if this is the best option for your project but disabling the Auto Register Objs option in the AM camera component should completely eliminate object based blur.

Feel free to contact us directly with additional information about your project or specific requirements, we would be happy to help.

Thanks!

2. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Interesting question, please tell us a bit more about your project or send us a sample if possible; we are available for direct contact at support@amplify.pt. It really depends on what's being altered, we will be able to provide additional information as soon as we know a bit more about your project.

Thanks!

3. cecarlsen

cecarlsen

Thanks for the quick response. Let me try to explain it more clearly.

1) I have a mesh that I update dynamically in runtime (modifying the vertices).
    2) I assign the mesh as a "sharedMesh" to a bunch of objects (in their MeshFilter components).
    3) I want motion blur on the objects, so I register them using the AmplifyMotionEffect.Register method.
    4) If I now inspect one of the objects I see that it's mesh is renamed to "name_Instance". I check GetInstanceID() and yes – somehow AmplifyMotionEffect replaced the mesh with a new instance of the original mesh. I can therefore no longer update the objects by updating the original shared mesh.

Why is AmplifyMotionEffect instancing my shared mesh and is there a way to prevent it?

4. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Thank you for the additional information, unfortunately Amplify Motion doesn't seem to support this specific type of shared mesh use. We currently cannot guarantee that it will be supported but we will look into it as soon as possible and get back to you when we have any new developments.

Thank you for reporting it, we really appreciate it.

5. S_Darkwell

S_Darkwell

There seems to be an issue with Amplify Motion causing the game's camera display to flip vertically when there are distortion filters present. This includes Unity's FX>Glass>Stained BumpDistort and the custom Distortion shader included with kripto289's "Impacts and Muzzle Flashes" asset.

The flip only occurs if a shader currently exists in the scene, and this doesn't occur if I set Amplify Motion's "Quality" to "Mobile."

Is there any simple way of fixing this issue?

Thank you in advance, and be well!
    - S.

6. punk

punk

@Amplify_Ricardo
    hey bro,

I've noticed that there is some GC allocation when in Cloth.Render

is it possible to avoid?

cheers mate

S_Darkwell likes this.
  7. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Thank you for pointing it out, unfortunately it's something we cannot fix on our side. The only way to compute motion vectors for cloth right now is by accessing the Cloth's vertices directly in each frame. Unfortunately, Unity doesn't provide a way for us to do it without creating GC garbage.

This is a list of suggestions we're trying to get through to Unity's people in order to help us improve Amplify Motion. You can help us get UT's attention by voting on them:

https://feedback.unity3d.com/sugges...rtex-data-into-pre-allocated-array-slash-list
    https://feedback.unity3d.com/sugges...rtex-data-into-pre-allocated-array-slash-list
    https://feedback.unity3d.com/suggestions/expose-remaining-particle-system-parameters

Our apologies for the inconvenience.

punk and hopeful like this.
  8. S_Darkwell

S_Darkwell

@Amplify_Ricardo:

Did you see my post above regarding the image flipping in the presence of distortion shaders?

Thank you!
    - S.

9. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Yes, I did a few tests on our side but unfortunately I was not able to replicate the problem. We don't have access to that particular package but flipped renders are a somewhat common issue when combining various types of effects from different packages. Any additional information that could help us debug the problem would be most welcome; Unity version used, target platform, antialiasing technique used, camera settings (deferred, forward, HDR), operating system and graphics API.

Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
    S_Darkwell likes this.
  10. S_Darkwell

S_Darkwell

Absolutely!

It's actually very simple to recreate.
    1. Create a new Unity project
    2. Import Amplify Motion (newest version)
    3. Import Unity Standard Assets "Effects" via "Assets>Import Package>Effects"
    4. Create a Cube
    5. Apply to the Cube the material "GlassRefractive" found under the imported "Standard Assets/Effects/GlassRefractive/Materials"
    6. Press play

All settings left at default.

The issue persists both with the default Unity settings:
    Forward, Gamma, MSAA x2, Camera HDR = false
    -and my projects's settings:
    Deferred, Gamma, MSAA off, Camera HDR = true

Unity version: v5.4.0b11
    Target platform: Windows (x86)
    Operating Systems: Windows 10 Enterprise (v10.0.10240)
    Graphics API: DX11
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980

Hope that helps! Thank you again, and be well!
    - S.

11. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hi,

Thank you for the additional information, we really appreciate it. Interesting, I tested it with the Unity Standard Assets Effects package, not on Windows 10 with Unity 5.4 though. I will try to replicate the problem tomorrow using your specifications.

Thanks!

S_Darkwell likes this.
  12. S_Darkwell

S_Darkwell

Interesting!

I sent you an Email with a test project that I created with the aforementioned steps, just to be all-inclusive.

Sounds like a plan! My pleasure.

Thank you again!
    - S.

13. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Thanks, we really appreciate it. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

S_Darkwell likes this.
  14. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Thank you for reporting the issue and for sending us a sample. Unfortunately it seems to be a Unity 5.4.0b11 bug, we filed a report and as soon as we have any new developments we will contact you directly.

Thank you for your contribution.

S_Darkwell likes this.
  15. Goon-Studios

Goon-Studios

In the 5.4 beta the amplify motion plugin flips my camera upside down. Any idea why this is happening?

16. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

It seems that you are experiencing the same issue as S_Darkwell, we filed a bug report and as soon as we have any new developments we will post here. They were able to reproduce the issue on their side, hopefully it's fixed in the next update.

Let us know if you run into any additional problems, we would be happy to help.

Thanks

S_Darkwell likes this.
  17. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

18. Silent8Strike

Silent8Strike

Hi guys! Just wondering if you heard of the new motion vector support added in the latest 5.4 beta? Not sure if this would help you guys, or if it's even useful, but I thought I'd mention it.

19. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Yes, thanks for mentioning it. Hopefully it will allow us to improve Amplify Motion, as soon as we have any new developments we will post it here.

Thanks!

S_Darkwell likes this.
  20. customphase

customphase

I know that you wouldnt probably wanna share that info, but can you please tell, what method of velocity buffer dilation you use? Just implementing my own solution, and stuck on this step. Everything ive tried looked awful.
    And another thing im not sure is how do you get cloth's mesh transform matrix?
    Thanks.

21. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Thank you for your interest, we really appreciate it. We offer full source code with the full version, be sure to check it out.
    For more specific technical discussions I recommend contacting our support email directly.

Thanks!

22. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Do you have a need for speed? Time to take on the skies, challenge your limits or cruise at high altitudes and admire the scenery. The extreme sense of speed achieved by using Amplify Motion is awesome, you really have to experience it for yourself to fully enjoy it. We definitely recommend picking it up, especially if you enjoy fast-paced and exciting experiences.

Be sure to try the fully-functional Amplify Motion Trial, just add it to your camera and enjoy the results!

Full Post - Amplify Creations Blog
    Amplify Motion - Product Page

punk likes this.
  23. startleworks

startleworks

I'm using Jelly Sprites ( https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/13327 ) in a project where I also use Amplify Motion but the created jelly mesh is not seen by the motion blur.
    Everything else in the scene is ok, except these generated meshes. Do you have any idea why, or what I could do to fix this?

24. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Thank you for your interest, we really appreciate it. Unfortunately, 2D support is somewhat limited in Amplify Motion. Our motion blur solution is mainly geared towards dynamic 3d Assets, Skinned Meshes, Cutout and Mesh Based Particle Systems, and Cloth Meshes.

Let us know if you have any additional questions, we would be happy to help.

Thanks!

25. Bonozo-com

Bonozo-com

Q1: Is it true that rotation of objects is not creating blurs? Rotation is often used for motion of objects, for example a light beam, a satellite dish. Though not using translation, rotation is in fact moving them in world space.

Q2: How does Amplify Bloom differ than the latest Cinematic Image Effects Unity Essential Bloom Asset?

Please advise! Thank you in advance!

26. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Q1: Amplify Motion supports rotations, did you see any information online stating that it doesn't? A full feature list can be found in our website - Amplify Motion.

Q2: Although a good starting point, the Bloom effect available in the cinematic package does not offer the same type of features, effects, and optimizations present in our package. Amplify Bloom provides Industry Level Post-Process Bloom in a all-in-one package with high-quality features that can be toggled and tweaked to fulfill your project needs. It gives you AAA quality and flexibility at an indie affordable cost. Not to mention the premium support and professional development that you can always expect from our products.

Amplify Bloom is based on a AAA reduced flicker technique and includes several Bloom controls, Lens Flare, Lens Glare, a Bokeh Filter, Lens Dirt and Starbust effects.

A full feature list can also be found in our website - Amplify Bloom. Take the fully functional trial version for a spin, you wont be disappointed.

Let us know if you have any additional questions, we would be happy to elaborate.

Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  27. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Are you ready to explore the secrets of Dwindling Heights Keep? Ghost of a Tale is an amazing looking game, it’s a great example of the level of detail possible with Unity3d. Developed by an extremely small team, it manages to raise the bar on what we have come to expect from Steam early-access games. Ghost of a Tale makes great use of Amplify Motion, the blur effect is very well adapted and serves only to emphasize the already excellent animation.

Be sure to try the fully-functional Amplify Motion Trial, just add it to your camera and enjoy the results!

Full Post - Amplify Creations Blog
    Amplify Motion - Product Page

punk likes this.
  28. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify Motion is a complete and fast full-scene vector based motion blur effect that works with all opaque, coverage and alpha-test surfaces. It supports both stationary and moving objects as well as Skinned, Cloth meshes, Alpha-Test and Mesh based Particle systems, and even allows for object isolation. It’s fast-performing, future proof, and can be yours for only $15 in the next 24 hours. Get it today!

Amplify Motion - Asset Store Page
    Fully Functional Trial Version - Download

What does Ghost of a Tale, Firewatch, p.a.m.e.l.a., Manifold Garden, Rust, The Forest, Night In The Woods, Broforce and Star Wars Journeys Ep 1 – to name a few – have in common? Check out our full suite of Amplify Unity Products and find out what they can do for your project.

29. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Did someone say accurate skinned mesh support?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  30. nxrighthere

nxrighthere

Does Amplify Motion use a native motion vectors that was introduced in Unity 5.4?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  31. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

The current version uses our own optimized implementation, but it's definitely something that we are looking into. Our package does provide a set of more flexible controls that allow you to tweak and enhance the actual motion blur effect, you can also use overlay cameras and isolate specific object out-of-the box. Amplify Motion supports Desktops, Consoles and Mobile devices.

Thanks!

32. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

24H Sale - 40% OFF
    Full support for object isolation and overlay cameras.

33. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Complete full-scene vector based motion blur effect for any type of game.

34. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

35. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

36. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Only 10 minutes left! Great for particle debris.

37. ArachnidAnimal

ArachnidAnimal

Does this asset work for skinned mesh renderers which have a static position?
    I have animated skinned meshes, the transform is not changing (static gameobject).
    Or does this asset only apply a blur effect for gameobjects which move around the scene?
    Thanks

38. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Thank you for your interest, we would be happy to help. It works for both types, are you registering the objects manually or are you using the Auto Register Obs option? Please make sure that, at runtime, the skinned mesh has the Amplify Motion Obj script in its root (parent) component list.

That's usually the cause of similar problems, do you happen to be using a custom shader?

Looking forward to your reply, thanks!

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    ArachnidAnimal likes this.
  39. ArachnidAnimal

ArachnidAnimal

OK, thanks. I got it working. The object was marked as Batching static, therefore the amplify motion wasn't being applied to the skinned mesh renderer.

The only other issue I'm having is that when using the asset during playmode, if the Unity editor looses focus, and then Unity editor re-gains focus, the Amplify Motion Effect stops working. The Script has to be toggled off and on again to get the asset to start working again after the Unity editor re-gains focus.
    This is occurring on windows 10 using unity 5.3.6. I haven't tested it to see if it happens in a build.

(I should note at this time I'm only running the trial version of the asset)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  40. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Thanks for getting back to us, great to know it's working. That's an odd issue, I dont think we have come across it before. Any other image effects in your camera?

Thanks!

41. ArachnidAnimal

ArachnidAnimal

I'm not running any other camera effects, just the Amplify Blur Image effect.
    I just tested a Windows build, and the issue does NOT happen in the build. So for some reason it is only happening when in playmode in the editor.

blur.jpg

As long as it doesn't happen when running a build it is not major concern for us.

I have two more questions:
    1. Does the trial version function the same as the paid asset?
    2. Is there a way to retrieve references to gameobjects which have been registered? I'm thinking about issues that I need to be concerned about during scene loading. For example, if a gameobject becomes null or destroyed due to a scene load, is the object automatically "unregistered", or do we need to keep this in mind and unregister the items ourselfs? The camera with the blur effect is persistent and carried from scene to scene.
    Thank you.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  42. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Thank you for the additional information, we really appreciate it. Great to know that it's working in the actual build. Unfortunately, we can't seem to replicate the editor issue on our side. Any additional information that could possibly help us replicate the problem?

1 - No differences, except for the lack of source code in the Trial version.
    2 - You can destroy objects without any constraints, they are automatically managed. Be sure to let us know if you run into any problems.

Thanks!

43. ArachnidAnimal

ArachnidAnimal

I read through the forum here but it's not clear if the AM can support my particle systems at this point.
    I have a particle system emitting particles using the Particles/Additive shader. Do you know whether the object blur is supported for this type of particle system?
    Thanks

44. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Thank you for your interest, we really appreciate it. Amplify Motion currently only supports Standard Cutout and Mesh Based Particle Systems, the Additive shader is not supported.

Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  45. TeohRIK

TeohRIK

Hi, I have no idea why Im getting this error

The error pop out after I change the game object from default layer to other layer then change back to default layer again. It doesn't happen until I update to latest version

Attached Files:

46. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch, we would be happy to help. What Unity and Amplify Motion version do you currently use? Are you using skinned meshes or custom shaders?

Looking forward to your reply, thanks!

47. TeohRIK

TeohRIK

Sorry for late reply, I using 1.8.1 for the Amplify Motion and Unity version 5.4.1f1, but the error already produce since the release of 5.4 and after I update the amplify motion plugin to 1.8.1

I using the Mesh Renderer and Standard specular setup shader

48. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Thank you for the additional information, we really appreciate it. This issue is usually caused by invalid bones, prefab issues, or unsupported shaders. Do you see the same error in a new scene? I recommend trying to isolate the cause of the problem, we would be happy to help by examining a sample on our side with the problem present.

Thanks!

49. TeohRIK

TeohRIK

Well..I solve it by setting the Overlay Camera to 0...I try to reproduce it on other scene for you, how can I send the project for you? email?

thanks

Edit:
    Its so excited I able to reproduce the error on other new scene, lol

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  50. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Thank you for the additional information. You can send the sample project download link to support@amplify.pt. Please use Dropbox or a similar service. How are you adding the Overlay Camera?

Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016