Search Unity

[UPDATED] Amplify Motion - Quality vector based motion blur

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Amplify_Ricardo, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello John,

Thank you for your interest we really appreciate it.

Unfortunately Amplify Motion will not be able to replicate that effect, being a purely vector based motion blur effect it will not create object trails, regardless of the values used. Achieving the effect you are looking for should be possible with accumulation motion blur or similar solutions. We recommend trying out the default motion blur accumulation effect included in the Unity Standard Assets package or the Mobile Motion Blur package available in the Unity Asset Store.

Let us know if you have any additional questions, we would be happy to help.

Thanks!

2. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Thanks!

3. willpower

willpower

Hey there,

I bought this quite a while ago and have really liked it in my fighting game. I'm trying to target a constant 60 fps and I've been having an issue since day one that has stopped me from really using it while playing, a semi-frequent 1 frame stutter that would be very jarring in gameplay (profiled in the pre render frames). I just wanted to drop in and say that with the version 1.6.0 update that I no longer have this issue! Runs very well with my game now and I'm very happy with it, might even crank up the effect a bit.

Great job and thanks!

Edit: Here's a video of it in action

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
    movra and hopeful like this.
  4. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello Will,

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it. It's great to know that the new AM version solved the problem you were having, if you ever run into any additional issues be sure to let us know, we would be happy to help. Your balanced use of Motion Blur is pretty great, cant wait see what you build.

Do you have an approximate release date for your game? We are all big fans of the genre here and it's a great example of how our plugin can be used, we would love to help you promote it when the time is right.

Thanks!

5. willpower

willpower

I'm still quite a ways from doing any sort of promotion and I'm not really on a timeline. I've seen the promotions you've given to other games and think it's great that you do that, I'll definitely hit you guys up down the line when I've started trying to market something, thanks for the offer!

Here's a new video after quite a bit more motion blur added, I think it looks pretty great now!

Flurgle likes this.
  6. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

No problem, we will keep an eye out for future updates. Awesome, thanks for posting a video update it looks great! Looking forward to your project, it's coming along quite nicely.

Feel free to contact us directly via email at ricardo@amplify.pt or the general email info@amplify.pt.

Thanks!

7. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Has anyone played Verdun? We strongly recommend it, it's a great example of how a soft-controlled motion blur effect can really add to a game overall quality and feel, especially when it comes to first person shooters. Be sure to check out the latest Unity 5 trailer, greatly improved since its early versions.

Play it today: Steam
    Amplify Motion - Unity Asset Store

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
    Flurgle likes this.
  8. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Updated the first post for quick reference and easy access to the latest information: First Post

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  9. UltraTM

UltraTM

Hello,

i have a 3rd person game.
    How can i exlude the charater (layer) not having the color corrections on the character.

Thanks

10. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Absolutely, check out the project sample included in the Amplify Color Manual, Section 6 – Dynamic & Depth Masks. Let us know if you run into any problems, we would be happy to help. To download the Amplify Color Mask Sample project, click here.

Be sure to follow the dedicated Amplify Color Thread.

Thanks!

11. idurvesh

idurvesh

What is the diff between Unity's mobile motion blur and this package? With mobile motion blur our game is affecting by 12 fps,how much performance Amplify will cost for racing game motion blur?

12. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Thank you for your interest, we really appreciate it. The effect is visually and technically different from the standard accumulation motion blur effect. The Amplify Motion blur effect is based on the actual velocity of your objects allowing for higher control and accuracy. In addition to its features AM is kept up to do date, includes mobile specific optimizations and we offer direct support at support@amplify.pt.

Performance wise it might be "better" or it might be "worse", the results may vary greatly depending on the type of project and given that the techniques are quite different we strongly recommend trying it out and seeing for yourself if it's right for your project.

Fully functional trial version available: Amplify Motion Trial Download

Additional information: Amplify Motion Product Page

Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
    idurvesh likes this.
  13. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

We are happy to announce that a Free Limited Amplify Motion version without a watermark is now bundled with the awesome Racing Game Kit package for Unity. If you like racing games and you would like to try AM we strongly recommend checking it out.

It’s a solid all in one package with Bundled Vehicle Physics, Quality AI, Extensive Platform support ranging from desktops to consoles and mobiles, 3rd party integrations and it’s extremely user friendly without any coding requirements.

The Amplify Motion version included in the package is ready to use, it will only work with RGK but it has no limitations regarding commercial or non-commercial uses, feel free to use it in any of your RGK projects. The free bundled version has fixed blur and quality values, for greater quality and control you can upgrade by simply importing the Full Amplify Motion version into your project, Try it Today and unlock the full power of our motion blur solution

Be sure to visit the developer website for additional information and download links - Racing Game Kit

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  14. droolz

droolz

Hi, I'm experimenting with the demo version, it's great. Do you support blendshape animation? From my limited tests, it seems not. Is it feasible to implement it? We're doing close up facial animation, so it's pretty important to us.

Many thanks,

Jules

15. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello Jules,

Thank you for your interest, we really appreciate it. It's feasible but at the moment AM doesn't support Blend Shape animation, it's definitely something we can look into for Unity 5.

We will get back to you as soon as possible, thanks!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  16. droolz

droolz

Ace, thanks for letting me know, and have a great Christmas.

Jules

17. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

No problem we will be in touch with additional information as soon as possible, have a great Christmas.

Thanks!

18. JeyDia

JeyDia

Hi everyone

Check out my last work using Amplify Motion

19. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Thanks for using it, the scene looks awesome! Will it be available in the Unity Asset Store?

20. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

Hi when i import into project I get this error
    Im using 5.2.4 Thanx

21. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Unfortunately, we had to drop support for Unity 5.1.x and 5.2.x for a number of reasons, using Unity 5.3.x should resolve the problem you are currently experiencing. Let us know if you can't update your Unity version at the moment, we would be happy to forward you the previous build.

Thanks!

22. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

Hi, thanx for fast response, Yh im not able to upgrade to 5.3 as it would break my entire game :D
    Can I please have a previous build, I can email you my order number, I just bought within the last 30 mins

-Thanx Jimbob

EDIT! email sent :D

23. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

For future reference, the issue described above can be resolved by using a modified AM version. Due to some critical changes present in the latest Unity 5 update, the package we uploaded to the Asset Store was meant specifically for version 5.3. If you are experiencing a similar problem and you are unable to upgrade to Unity 5.3, please do let us know and we'll send you a modified build.

Thanks!

24. JeyDia

JeyDia

Yes for the asset store

25. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Awesome, looking forward to it!

26. Stormbreaker

Stormbreaker

Hey Ricard,

I'm having issues getting motion blur to appear on my "bullets", which are semi-transparent particle systems dynamically instantiated at runtime (no meshes). I've got the latest version of AM, Unity 5.3, have disabled auto-reg obs and manually added the Object script to all objects except the bullets as per your instructions on the previous page of the thread. On top of this I've tried re-ordering my post processing stack to no avail - the bullets do not get motion. When turning on debug mode, the bullets disappear.

Hope to get some support on this issue and get some awesome look bullets!
    Thanks

27. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Bullets are best served having the motion blur for them authored in though, because this looks better, runs better and so forth... anything pure directional really fast probably benefits little from motion blur applied. Just my 2 pence.

28. Stormbreaker

Stormbreaker

I should have explained further - these aren't regular bullets but reasonably large balls of energy travelling quickly. I see what you mean, though. I'll consider that if I can't achieve it with AM.

29. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Thank you for considering Amplify Motion but unfortunately it might not be the ideal solution for your current requirements. Particle support is still in its initial state and semi-transparent objects are currently not handled well by AM. We recommend looking into an alternative solution but we would be happy to examine a sample of the effect on our side, feel free to get in touch via support@amplify.pt. Please keep in mind that as hippocoder mentioned, fast moving objects such as bullets benefit very little from vector based motion blur.

Thanks!

30. Silent8Strike

Silent8Strike

Hi Ricard,

We've been using Amplify Motion for several months now in our project (a first person flight sim) and it's really helped with the feeling of speed which was sorely lacking before. However I've ran into an issue I can't seem to resolve.

The issue is motion blur is being applied to the inside of our cockpit even though the camera is attached to it. I would expect blur on things outside the ship, but not on the ship itself if the camera is not moving relative to it. We are using a multi-camera setup like this:

• Skybox camera
    • Far camera 2990-10000
    • Mid camera 4-3000
    • Near Camera 0.1-4
    • Hud camera (overlay)
    The amplify motion effect is on the mid camera with the near camera set as an Overlay Camera. I've tried setting the culling mask on Amplify Motion to ignore the ship layer but that has no effect.

I've also tried putting the amplify motion effect on the Near Camera which solves the cockpit blurring. Unfortunately it also results in some crazy radial blurring of everything outside the ship when moving forward.

As you can see I'm really stumped and I need this fixed before we can release our game. I hope you can help!

31. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Thank you for using Amplify Motion, we really appreciate it. We will run a few test on our side but just to be sure, is there a Amplify Motion Obj script on the Cockpit root game object during play?

We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks!

32. Silent8Strike

Silent8Strike

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! Yes I've confirmed that there is a a Amplify Motion Obj on all the mesh renders in the cockpit during play.

33. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

No problem, happy to help. Would it be possible to test a sample of your current camera setup on our side? That would really speedup the debug process, a screenshot of the issue with the AM debug mode toggled would also be very helpful.

We are also available for direct contact via support@amplify.pt

Thanks!

34. Silent8Strike

Silent8Strike

Sure, I can put together a small example project shortly and contact you directly via email.

35. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

36. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Firewatch is finally out, be sure to grab a copy! Taking full advantage of our Color Grading and Motion Blur solution it takes you on a intriguing journey through the Wyoming wilderness. Be sure to check out the Campo Santo Development Blog and learn more about the Firewatch development process, it’s a great resource and inspiration not only for art but also great story telling.

Get it for: Steam - PS4
    Fully functional trial versions available: Amplify Motion Trial - Amplify Color Trial
    Asset Store Page: Motion - Color
    Full Post: Amplify Blog

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  37. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Hi!

I'm having an issue with amplify motion with my game. Basically, I need to teleport an object sometimes, and this causes an undesirable glitch with amplify, is there a right way for doing this, or for abrupt animation changes per object? thanks!

38. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Does disabling the Amplify Motion Object script before setting its new coordinates help at all or do you still see any undesirable glitches? Can you forward us some screenshots via email? Regarding abrupt animation changes, it may vary depending on your project, any additional information would be most welcome.

Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  39. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

I have been chatting to Ricardo in private about the issue and just wanted people to know how outstanding the support is with amplify products.

Amplify_Ricardo likes this.
  40. hopeful

hopeful

Be sure to let us know what the solution is. :)

41. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

We will post it here ;)

For instant Camera teleport disabling the Amplify Camera component should do it. For dynamic objects, have you tried disabling the AM obj script? Any additional information is very welcome, thanks!

42. Brity

Brity

when I move AmplifyMotion into another folder I get errors.. does this mean I have to have it a the root?

I really hope not...

43. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Didn't cause me errors. I moved it into the plugins folder. I move all my 3rd party assets in there. Reason plugins folder was chosen was because it doesn't needlessly recompile stuff each change then.

44. Brity

Brity

Thanks Hippo. its sorted :)

hippocoder likes this.
  45. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Glad to know it's sorted, be sure to let us know if you run into similar issues. Moving the AM folder shouldn't be a problem, we usually do the same thing on our projects. We build our products in a way that allows the folders to be moved (except Gizmos, because Unity). We would really appreciate it if you could mail us additional info regarding your project setup, plugins used and any possible console output.

Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  46. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Amplified both by Motion and Color, Kôna is the first installment in a series of four games, a chilly interactive tale you won't soon forget. Step into the shoes of a detective to explore the eerie village, investigate surreal events, and battle the elements to survive. Now available via Steam and GOG.

We are giving away GOG keys, limited quantity, get in touch via email and play it today!

Check out our Blog Post for additional info - Kona, by Parabole
    Amplify Motion - Unity Asset Store
    Amplify Color - Unity Asset Store

47. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

All out of Kôna keys, thanks everyone!

48. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

We are happy to announce a new Amplify Motion update. Among other improvements, memory footprint has been reduced, CPU and GPU Skinning has been greatly optimized and we fixed a critical blurring issue that affected covered/occluded moving meshes in OSX.

Important Notice: Support for Unity 4.x has been dropped starting from Amplify Motion 1.8.0.

Amplify Motion v1.8.0 dev005
    • Fixed hot reloading error
    • Fixed overlay cameras not working properly
    • Fixed blurring in covered/occluded moving meshes in OSX (glcore)
    • Fixed error BakeMesh results are invalid; skips skinned mesh
    • Fixed crash when target size was 0x0
    • Fixed warning spam in some cases
    • Fixed reprojection issues on GLES3
    • Added motion blur noise and toggle
    • Added threshold-based teleport detection to auto-reset motion vectors
    • Added AmplifyMotionObject API calls for explicit motion vector reset
    • Optimized both CPU and GPU skinning
    • Reduced memory footprint across the board
    • Organized inspector properties
    • Dropped Unity4 support for v1.8.0 and up
    Fully functional trial version available: Amplify Motion Trial Download
    Additional information: Amplify Motion Product Page

49. nxtboyIII

nxtboyIII

Hi,
    Is there a way to make it so it only blurs when the camera rotates and not when other objects move?

Thanks

50. cecarlsen

cecarlsen

Hi

I have a bunch of objects that share a mesh that is being updated dynamically. When I register the objects using AmplifyMotionEffect.Register (or any other method of registrering) then new mesh instances are automatically created for the objects. That means I can no longer update the original shared mesh dynamically and have the changes applied to the objects. Is there a way around this?