Search Unity

[FREE] Amplify Color - Advanced Color Grading

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Amplify_Ricardo, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Hello,

Glad to know you're enjoying Amplify Color, I can see you have setup some nice tones to help set the mood for those two areas in the screenshots!

I'll need some more information in order to help you with that issue, could you please share your Unity and Amplify Color versions, together with the application log? Also, what is the target platform for the build?

Looking forward to your reply!

mukki014 likes this.
  2. mukki014

mukki014

Hi I'm so glad that i got a quick reply.
    I'm using unity 5.6.1f x64 for windows and amplify color 1.6.6 and platform build is also windows.
    Where i can find application log ?

3. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

You may find it within the Build's Data folder ( _EXECNAME_Data_\output_log.txt ).

4. mukki014

mukki014

oh yes. thank you

Attached Files:

5. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Thank you for providing the log file!

Is the issue present without the "Tenkoku Sun Shafts"?

Can you replicate the issue in a new project?

mukki014 likes this.
  6. mukki014

mukki014

So did you find any bugs or issues ? I will try tomorrow and build a new project only with color grading and see if it's work or not. Thanks for your concern. By the way I love all of your amplify products. They are amazing.

7. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

We suspect the issue might be related to an external plugin, not with Amplify Color itself, but we can only tell for sure after you provide us with the required information or a sample of the project with the problem present.

Thank you for your feedback, it means alot to us!

mukki014 likes this.
  8. mukki014

mukki014

Thank you very much. And one more question that I have dynamic lighting system in my scene. And I talk to a professional lut artist so he told I shouldn't use the same lut for different lighting. So amplify will work with dynamic light ? And where should I send my project ?

9. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Amplify Color is an image effect, it works with any type of lighting.
    You may switch or blend luts in realtime, and Amplify Color also provides Color Volumes which you may use to define grading parameters per zone. It also includes Tonemapping control, Depth Masking and a mask input for object isolation ( Sample available ).

Please send us the sample through WeTransfer to support@amplify.pt, thanks!

10. mukki014

mukki014

oh thats nice. well i'm sorry for the trouble , everything is fine now and its working. i just add amplify color component to camera and create some 3d object. and i build the demo and its working. thank you so much once again

11. Rairun

Rairun

Hi, I've run into the same problem. Could I get some help with the solution? Thanks in advance!

12. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

No problem, happy to help.

Be sure to check the fully functional sample package, we would be happy to help if you run into any issues.

2D Masking Sample - Download

Thanks!

13. Rairun

Rairun

Thank you! This package does exactly what I want, except for one little bug (I think it's a bug).

I have a 2D scene with the following sprites:

Background (sorting layer 1): layer 1
    Background_light (sorting layer 2): layer 2
    Foreground (sorting layer 3): layer 3
    Foreground_light (sorting layer 4): layer 4

The light sprites contain yellow-tinted, semi-transparent areas.

So I attached the Render Color Mask component to my camera and set it up like this:

Layer Draw order:

So let's say I have a LUT texture making the scene look quite dark. If I set Layer Mask to 2, the Background_light sprite (for instance a little car in the distance) can be seen driving along the dark background road. When it runs behind the Foreground sprite (for instance, a tree in the foreground), the tree correctly blocks the light.

Now let's say Foreground_light is a lamp post with semi-transparent yellow light. If I set Layer Mask to 4, and then place the lamp in front of the foreground tree, the tree looks like it's being illuminated by it. Perfect!

Both effects work separately. The problem only happens when I set Layer Mask to 2 AND 4. Then the lamp still works, but the light from the car is no longer blocked by the tree.

How can I make this work?

14. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Thank you for using Amplify Color, we really appreciate it. I'm not entirely sure if it's a bug, we would need to test an actual sample in order to debug the issue. Can you share a simple example directly to support@amplify.pt?

Thanks!

15. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Arrow Heads is a fast paced local and online multiplayer archery game, played from an isometric perspective. The game pits you against your avian counterparts in a heated deathmatch scenario.

With your trusty bow, shoot, dodge and deflect arrows in this zany isometric archery game enhanced by Amplify Bloom, Amplify Color and Amplify Occlusion for those fancy, eye-catching, glee-inducing visuals!

Amplify Bloom - Asset Store Page
    Amplify Color - Asset Store Page
    Amplify LUT Pack - Asset Store Page

Amplify Occlusion - Asset Store Page

Fully Functional Trial Versions - Download

Check out our full suite of Amplify Unity Products and find out what they can do for your project

16. Lenus

Lenus

Hello,

I have a few questions related to the layering in a 2D mobile game. What I'm trying to achieve is that the characters in the game world are not affected by the LUT but the layering is still intact. For example: the characters walk under trees or are rendered behind a building.

I was testing out the Render Color Mask Script which actually worked out quite well visually BUT the mask was way too big. It was over 50 mb. So my question would be if there is an alternative way to exclude certain layers that is more optimized for mobile games?

Thanks for any help!

17. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch, we would be happy to help. Unfortunately, that method of masking is the only available way to do it. However, 50 mb does sounds a bit high, can you share a sample or an example directly to support@amplify.pt? We would love to learn more about your particular setup.

We have actually changed the way we manage masking. I'll send you a sample via pm, it's not yet available via the Asset Store or our Download page.

Thanks!

18. rootools

rootools

Hello,

I download a test version of AC and try to build my android VR app. Unity 2017.1.1f1, AC version 1.7.0_dev001 Trial
    Errors:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Shader error in 'Hidden/Amplify Color/DepthMaskBlend': undeclared identifier 'sampler_CameraDepthTexture' at line 25 (on gles3)
    3. Compiling Vertex program with STEREO_MULTIVIEW_ON
    4. Platform defines: UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_RGBM UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_FRAMEBUFFER_FETCH_AVAILABLE UNITY_NO_CUBEMAP_ARRAY UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 SHADER_API_MOBILE UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA
    7. Shader error in 'Hidden/Amplify Color/DepthMask': undeclared identifier 'sampler_CameraDepthTexture' at line 25 (on gles3)
    9. Compiling Vertex program with STEREO_MULTIVIEW_ON
    10. Platform defines: UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_RGBM UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_FRAMEBUFFER_FETCH_AVAILABLE UNITY_NO_CUBEMAP_ARRAY UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 SHADER_API_MOBILE UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA
    It's trial limit or i do something wrong?)

19. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Sounds similar to another known Unity issue, might work with Single-Pass stereo disabled.
    http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/1348919/bug-cant-use-postprocessing-with-single-pass-stere.html
    https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...ereo-image-effects-are-not-rendering-properly

We will run a few tests on our side as soon as possible.

It's not a trial limitation, thank you for reporting it.

20. rootools

rootools

21. Khena_B

Khena_B

Updated to Unity 2017.2 and also updated Amplify Color to 1.6.6_dev002 and i can no longer see the image effect in the scene view, my vignette image effect still works, I can see my LUT in the game view, just not the scene view.

Rolled back to 1.6.4 and it works as expected.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  22. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Thank you for reporting the issue, we can confirm that Amplify Color is working as expected on Unity 2017.2. Please pick up the latest version (1.7) directly from our website using your Unity invoice number and be sure to import the 2017 package.

Amplify Products - Download

Looking forward to your feedback.

23. Khena_B

Khena_B

Thanks, 1.7 works fine

24. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Awesome, happy to hear it ;)

25. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Shadow Tactics is a hardcore tactical stealth game set in Japan around the Edo period.

Come up with your own ingenious tactics to vanquish enemies and complete missions in an colourful Japan with beautiful environments powered by Amplify Color!

Check out our full suite of Amplify Unity Products and find out what they can do for your project

26. punk

punk

Hey Guys,

Amplify Color is great just wondering if you could have a look at updating Amplify Color to use the single pass VR

single.jpg

27. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Hey there!

Amplify Color should support Single Pass Stereo, could you please confirm which version of Unity you're using in your project? Thanks!

28. punk

punk

Hey thanks for the super fast response! I'm using 2017.2.0f3 you can repo it by creating an empty scene, add Amplify Color to the cam and enable Single Pass

29. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Thank you for sharing that information, I've passed it on to the developer and we'll be sure to let you know as soon as we have any developments on this issue!

punk likes this.
  30. robochase

robochase

sorry if this is an easy question, but is there an easy way to apply my Amplify Color Effect to a png?

I was messing around with this free panorama plugin: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/38755

It seems to work very well, but it's ignoring my Amplify settings. Not that I'm doing anything complex with Amplify - just basic color grading. But it would be nice if I could automate this somewhat :)

31. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Hello, thanks for getting in touch and for your support!

We've received similar reports in the past regarding image effect issues with this specific tool but, unfortunately, we are currently unable to officially support it. I would kindly suggest that you get in touch with the developer in order to determine the issue.

32. robochase

robochase

I did, thanks.

I feel like it would be fairly straightforward to add a feature to Amplify that applies a LUT to any PNG you give it. No? I know from my own experience that, aside from this panorama thing, I would want that functionality. I have numerous cameras in my game and a variety of ways to capture input. it would be nice to have a way to apply Amplify's effect after the fact instead of only during runtime to ensure a consistent look in all my screenshots. My two cents :D

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  33. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Apologies for the inconvenience, but the product isn't prepared to receive such a feature without probably requiring extensive modifications and workload, as such we're not able to implement it at this moment, we will however register your suggestion.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback!

34. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Stories Untold is a narrative-driven experimental adventure game, that bends the genre into something completely unique. Combining a mix of classic text-adventure, point-and-click and more, 4 short stories are packaged together into a single mysterious anthology.

Delve deep into an 80s retro nostalgia with tense phycological horror that makes great use of Amplify Bloom, Amplify Color and Amplify Motion for a bone chilling, nerve-wrecking adventure!

Amplify Color (50% OFF!) - Asset Store Page
    Other Products (30% OFF!) - Asset Store Page

35. king_hiflyer

king_hiflyer

Is there a way to have the color blend based on how far into a volume you are rather than using blend time?

36. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Hello, thank you for getting in touch!

At this moment, we only support Volume Color Blending through blending time, apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

37. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Punch Planet is a Competitive Sci-Fi 2D fighter with a rich and immersive universe, spanning exotic planets, advanced cities, and alien races that is designed with a solid foundation of competitive mechanics while also introducing a new depth of story, humor, and design.

Punch your way to the top in this arcade fighter with fantastic retro futuristic visuals enhanced by Amplify Color!

Other Products - Asset Store Page

38. lrb

lrb

Hey guys,
    I'm still experience this issue until now in any Unity 2017 versions.
    This is frustrating because single-pass is a must have today for VR and you said that your plugin is VR friendly.

39. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Hey there, this is a known Unity related issue that we're hoping to correct as soon as possible, apologies for the inconvenience.

We'll be sure to update this thread as soon as we have any new developments regarding this, or a possible workaround, thank you for your patience!

40. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Upon further investigation we've confirmed that, due to an Unity related issue, the editor must be updated to 2017.2.1p4 (64-bit) or higher in order for Single-Pass Stereo to function correctly, also make sure that you pick up the latest Amplify Color version from our website.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  41. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Battle Chasers: Nightwar is an RPG inspired by the classic console greats, featuring deep dungeon diving, turn-based combat presented in a classic JRPG format, and a rich story driven by exploration of a beautiful world with a surprising amount of depth.

An immersive experience that's masterfully designed based on a best-selling comic book Battle Chasers, with gorgeous visuals amplified by Amplify Color!

42. backwheelbates

backwheelbates

Hi,
    Thanks, this is a great color system!!
    I'd like to apply your luts to several buttons that are using a render texture. Do you have any advice as to how to get this to work?
    Thanks again!!

43. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Hello, thank you for your kind words!

If you want each of the buttons to change the current LUT on being pressed, you'll have to do it by script, I've attached a simple example of a script that cycles through an array of LUT textures on key press, you'll just need to adapt it to your UI buttons and be sure to add it to the Camera with the Amplify Color component.

If instead you want a different LUT applied to each button with the render texture, you should be able to achieve such by adding the Amplify Color component to each render texture camera, and set a different LUT for each component. Do note that, performance-wise, having multiple cameras performing blending operations can become quite expensive, and that we don't recommend using AC for this purpose as its intended to function as a Post Effect.

Please let me know if this helps, thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  44. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Meadow is, unlike traditional titles from the Shelter franchise, a multiplayer sandbox world that is vast and teeming with life! Play as any combination of animals on land, water or air in the largest expanse of land ever created for a Shelter game, and communicate with other animals via specially created emotes, symbols and sounds.

Band together with other animals, form uneasy allies and explore incredible environments that fully immerse you in the haunting island and its mysterious past, in a soothing social experience that makes use of AmplifyColor to help set the mood!

45. castor76

castor76

Hi I have some technical questions for amplify color and bloom.

I am currently using amiplify occlusion. Color and bloom but i am in need of creating a second camera for my fx rendering purpose.

I have my main camera rendering at hdr deferred rendering with occlusion and color post processing and then my second camera at forward rendering only rendering the fx. I want to put amplify bloom on the second camera and make it to add bloom effect on the final image.

However. When i set it up as such, bloom only effects the fx camera. It doesnt apply to everything that was being rendered to that point.

How can i solve this?

I have my fx camera's clearing to not clear anything. So i was expecting bloom post effect to affect both rendered images of main and fx camea.

46. brisingre

brisingre

Not a technical answer but potentially a workaround:

Instead of trying to deal with camera clearing, render the main camera to a renderTexture the size of the screen. Then, in the FX camera, draw that texture to a fullscreen quad, or a skydome with a shader that uses screenspace coordinates to sample the renderTexture, probably super early in the render queue so that opaque stuff gets rendered on top of it. There's some performance cost to this workaround, probably, but if you do it this way your FX camera should 'really see' the things it's supposed to, instead of (apparently) being composited on top of them afterwards.

(I developed this because I needed to set up a Deferred camera (my main player) to clear to another camera (my 3d skybox) and Unity only supports clearing cameras to other cameras directly in Forward. I haven't tested it with your problem. But, I think it should work.)

47. castor76

castor76

Thanks for the idea.

While i was tackling this issue. I was wondering why my fx camera's bloom effect was only applying to what fx camera is rendering and not to the image that made out of both main and the fx camera. Because the order of the rendering should be correct...

I am beginning to wonder if it is because of the difference in rendering path of the cameras...

I really hate to do another full screen draw just to do this...

Unity somehow does compose the two camera's rendering result as the final output...so my guess is that the composition happens after the image effects on the fx camera. Why Unity? Why?

48. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Hey there! The Bloom effect is calculated on top of the results of the camera where it has been registered, so if the second camera only renders the FX you've mentioned, Bloom will only account for them.

What you might attempt to do is to change the clear flags of that camera for depth only, for example, so that the FX camera receives the color from the previous camera and, as result, it will be affected by Bloom. It might change your setup a bit, but it might be a possible solution.

Please let me know if this helps, thanks!

49. castor76

castor76

I have already set my fx camera's clearing to not clear anything. So i do see the my main camera's rendering result at the end of rendering fx camera. But the issue is the bloom only affects the fx camera rendereing, not on the combined rendering of the both camera. That is why it is weird.

50. seekeer

seekeer

I want to the ParticleSystemEffect doesnot be influenced by Amplify color effect when i set volume cull mask.....please tell me why?