Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[FREE] Amplify Color - Advanced Color Grading

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Amplify_Ricardo, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

You might need to change the canvas render mode to Screen Space Camera or World, Overlay does not seem to work. I will discuss it with the AC developer and get back to you in a couple of hours.

Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  2. Autarkis

Autarkis

Yep, i discovered that screen space overlay ignores all post effects. Its not an Amplify color issue, so i doubt it's something that the AC devs would be able to make work. Anyway, switching to screen space camera works fine :)

3. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Unfortunately, it seems to be a Canvas limitation. Glad to know that it works well with Screen Space Camera.

Thanks!

4. brisingre

brisingre

Thinking about buying. What's the advantage to this over the one built in to Unity?

5. benderete

benderete

The pros that i found over the built in to Unity are:

Great performance, including an especial mode for mobile.

LUT creation: Amplify Color make a screenshot of your scene, you adjust the image on any imaging software and finally Amplify Color read the new calibrated image and create the LUT. Also, this workflow is very automated with Photoshop but you can use any image soft (without automation).

Several adjusts, including control of the effect through mask texture or depth mask curved based and bled between two LUTs.

Volume blending: a codeless way to blend between LUTs based on areas: Box colliders with LUT associated to blend when the camera or any referenced gameobject enter on its area.

You can download a watermarked Trial version from the Amplify web site and test it yourself.
    http://amplify.pt/wp-content/download/AmplifyColorTrial.zip

brisingre likes this.
  6. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

In addition to what @benderete mentioned, we also offer regular updates and responsive quality support for all our products.

Thank you for the detailed response, it seem that the forum rollback deleted my last post.

brisingre and benderete like this.
  7. departement

departement

Does the plugin handle single pass stereo rendering?

8. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Yes, absolutely. It's actually one of the fastest solutions available for high-quality color grading. Be sure to check out the fully functional trial version.

Thanks!

9. castor76

castor76

Hi.

Just bought the package and it is not running in PS4. Can we start email conversation support please?

I need to send couple of screen shot to show my settings. In nut shell, it just makes the whole screen white. I can't see anything else. Please give me email support address or write to me at

saehoon@pixellore.com

please.

I am using Unity 5.6.1 and current Amplify Color version from asset store.

Thanks.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  10. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

We would be happy to help. We provide direct support via support@amplify.pt, feel free to get in touch directly. We could really use some additional information in order to replicate the issue.

-Is the problem present in a new project with a simple test scene?
    -Do you see any errors or warnings with a development build?
    -Please share the log if possible.

Thanks!

11. UnityLighting

UnityLighting

Amplify Color is better than unity post Processing Stack's color grading for post production, also performance is awesome for mobile devices :
    Webp.net-gifmaker (1).gif Webp.net-gifmaker (2).gif

mukki014 likes this.
  12. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Happy to hear it ;)

13. castor76

castor76

Hello Amplify.

I just wanted to propose an idea.

Unity post processing stack has series of image effects that can be toggled on off as one and it is supposed to save some performance as it is tries to combine effects to avoid performance over head in between image effects.

Amplify also has number of image effects so I was wondering if you guys can also come up with your own stack solution to optimise and save performance if series of your image effects are used together in a row.

It could possibly reduce some blits operations to save some ms off the rendering performance?

It could also be a great way to sell the Amplify effects as bundles. So all in one ultra optimised Amplify post processing effects and maybe sell them as 80% or so price of all combined.

14. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

That's a great idea! We have actually considered doing exactly that, who knows, maybe for a future product.

Did you manage to eliminate the issues experienced on your PS4 build?

Thanks!

15. castor76

castor76

Yeah, it would be super awesome to be able to save some ms off the overhead of using multiple Amplify image effects.

Also I have sent 2 emails to Amplify about the issue with PS4. But I have got no replies back so far. Basically the problem is with the mobile quality setting not working on PS4. I asked about the difference in between standard and mobile quality in detail, ( performance and actual quality both in technical terms too ) but I got no replies back. Are you guys checking your emails? It would be great if that can be answered here as well.

16. benderete

benderete

Hi,

On a 2D project, I want to apply Amplify Color to some sprites: apply it to character sprites to match with backgrounds.
    Is possible to reach this? (applying to layers?, with dynamic mask?)

Thx.

17. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Our image effects are extremely optimized but that addition would certainly help make it even better.

We were wondering why we didn't hear from you, we didn't receive any emails. Where did you sent them to and what email did you use? Yes, we do check our emails, our support team is very responsive.

I should also point out that we emailed you directly at saehoon@pixellore.com regarding the PS4 issue, no reply.

The Mobile mode has less precision (shader) but provides the best performance. There should be only one downside, gradient banding can be an issue with some assets. What kind of problems are you experiencing? Black screen, shader errors? We could really use some additional information.

Thanks!

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  18. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

You can mask out 2d assets as you would any other 3d assets, would that work for your project? I'm not entirely sure regarding the grading requirements, but I would be happy to examine it.

Check your PM.

Thanks!

19. castor76

castor76

I have sent email to support@amplify.pt and info@amplify.pt

I have resent it again.

And yes I got your email, (from info) and I replied directly to that email. I didn't get respond or email saying the address was wrong.

I wonder why the mails from my side doesn't get through. Maybe your email box is full? Or went to junk mail?

Anyway, I am going to paste that mail content here directly , just in case. :p

I has missing image, but it is just showing my setting for amplify, which is set to mobile quality.

----

Hi.

I am Saehoon from Pixellore and known as castor76 on Unity forum.

I have recently asked for some support on Amplify Color package.

It does not work as intended for PS4 platform. It does work fine for XboxOne platform.

I am heavily speculating it is a shader issue, but I am not 100% certain.

I use Unity 5.6.1 and AC version is 1.6.6 dev 002

Here is my setting :

What happens :

Whole screen turns white except UI. Which means the main camera's output is white.
    It works fine without enabling the AC component.

I have tried it with a new empty scene but the result is the same.

There are no obvious error messages from console or on any of the shaders observed from Unity editor.

I have done some experiments and managed to somewhat narrow down problematic area to the hdr setting.

If I enable hdr setting on camera, screen becomes white. It doesn't matter if I enable or disable HDR control of the AC. But then I changed the quality level from mobile to standard and it is working now.

So the issue is to do with mobile quality setting + hdr on PS4.

the same setting does work fine on XboxOne.

I can live with standard setting, I just thought that since there was no visible difference, I thought I would use mobile setting to save performance (if any , just in case)

Let me know what do you think.

Thanks!

Saehoon

----

20. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Thank you for alerting us, it's indeed a problem on our side with message moderation. Our apologies for the inconvenience, for some reason your emails were set to "pending" and would not show up in our manual search. We have experienced considerable problems in the past due to spam related activities, we actually use an external service in order to ensure that your emails are never lost, regardless of our host state.

That's very interesting but, unfortunately, we have not come across that issue. We will have to run a few tests on our side, we could really use some additional information in order to replicate it.

-Camera settings (Rendering Path etc, screenshot would be great)
    -List of any other image effects used
    -Is the problem present in an empty new project
    -Any relevant output with a development build?

Just to be sure, it works as expected with the Standard mode, even with HDR?

Thanks!

21. castor76

castor76

Rendering path is deferred.
    It happens with empty scene with a new project. Just one Amplify color component attached to the camera.
    There doesn't seem to be any error message on console or output.
    It works as expected with standard mode even with HDR.
    This only applies to PS4 so it is a bit weird indeed. Normally when this happens it also does similar thing to Xboxone, but it works fine on XboxOne.
    If you can let me know which shader file I should be looking at I may be able to take a peek to see what can possibly causing it.
    Since the output is a pure white, it isn't a normal shader compile error ( this would result in pink) but the actual output becomes white. I will try with forward mode just to see what happens too.

22. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Thank you for the additional information. I failed to ask in the last post, Linear or Gamma?

Feel free to examine the shaders, I recommend starting with the Base shader but the only one that doesn't have mobile definitions is the BlendCache.shader. No need to worry about it, we will correct any issues present on our side as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

23. castor76

castor76

It's linear.

24. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Thanks!

I think that we have everything we need to replicate the issue on our side. One last question - With the target set to PS4, if you change the mode from standard to mobile, do you see any warnings or errors in the console?

Can you send us a log of the dev build to support@amplify.pt? That would be extremely helpful.

Thanks!

25. castor76

castor76

Hi.

There isn't any warnings or error in the editor when I switch to mobile quality while my build setting is set to PS4.

I will try and get the log for the build for you.

26. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Thank you for the additional information, we really appreciate it. Looking forward to the log.

27. RecursiveRuby

RecursiveRuby

Hey so I have a quick question about tonemapping. I've searched a bit on the web but I'm still a little confused and if you have an answer or references to some resources I'd really appreciate it. Anyway I'm never sure what tonemapping to use. Or to even why to use it at all. Aces tonemapping can produce what seems like quite harsh exposures so I'm curious when or why would I use that.

I kind of get tonemapping but it does still confuse me.

28. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

In short, tonemapping allows you to map one set of colors to another in order to approximate the look of HDR content in a device with a limited dynamic range such as your computer screen. The actual operator used really comes down to your personal preference and scene type. The technique, available parameters, and final result, may vary but they all serve the same purpose.

I recommend checking the link below for additional information and a few comparisons. Be sure to let us know if you have any followup questions.
    https://developer.nvidia.com/implementing-hdr-rise-tomb-raider

Thanks!

29. f0ff886f

f0ff886f

Hi I have a quick question about using Amplify Color on two cameras at once. I'm using a second camera to achieve a depth of blur effect (blur out the main camera, set depth clear higher depth on the second camera), and I am trying to make sure that Amplify Color is active on both cameras. I'm having trouble as when I enable Amplify Color on the second camera, I get very over exposed results, and if I have it off then I get the following:

Any idea if I can achieve what I'm trying to do? I would like the ACES tonemapper/my LUT on the second camera.

30. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Thank you for using Amplify Color, we really appreciate it. I don't think that you can simply add it to the second camera, you might need to make a few adjustments. Can you share a sample of your camera prefab and the blur effect to support@amplify.pt? If you add AC only to the top camera, does it not apply the correct grading effect to everything?

Looking forward to your reply.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  31. f0ff886f

f0ff886f

/facepalm ok yes, if I add the Amplify Colour effect it works as expected (and disabling it on my "scene" camera). Do you know how this will interact with Amplify Bloom, for example? I wasn't aware that when you use multiple cameras with depth clear it would actually apply image effects to the entire scene space. Naively I thought that for the region without any colour information in a given camera, it would just render alpha=0 and no effect on the underlying camera, but it seems this is wrong.

Can you advise if I should put all of my screenspace effects just on the uppermost camera and leave the bottom camera with only the blur script?

My main camera (depth = 0) is now like this:

And my items camera (depth = 1) is like this:

(is anti aliasing running twice this way on the whole scene???)

Sorry that this question goes beyond the bounds of Amplify Color specifically, I do appreciate the help greatly!

32. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hi,

No problem, always happy to help ;)

As is, anti-aliasing is being executed twice. It really depends on the actual implementation (linear or gamma) but AA should only be added to the Camera that uses Amplify Color; before the AC component if linear, after if gamma. If I'm not mistaken, with that setup, is AC also being applied to the canvas? If so, keep in mind that AA will be applied on top of the Canvas.

A possible problem does come to mind; AA is usually applied after Tone Mapping but AC applies ToneMapping and Color Grading simultaneously - ideally, the AA should work in gamma space and be placed after the AC component. For reference, our free FXAA solution works that way.

In short, if you are ok with the Canvas being affected by AA
    Camera 1: All the effects except AC and AA
    Camera 2: Only AC, fallowed by AA.

Let us know if you have any followup questions, we would be happy to elaborate.

Thanks!

f0ff886f likes this.
  33. OXSIONSOFT

OXSIONSOFT

Hi. I bought 2 packages "Amplify Color" and "Amplify LUT Pack".
    Does this work with VR?
    1) Oculus Rift?
    2) Oculus Gear VR?
    3) Cardboard Android (Google)?
    4) Cardboard iOS (Google)?

Thank you!

34. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Thank you for your purchase, we really appreciate the support. Amplify Color works with VR setups, be sure to let us know if you run into any issues.

Thanks!

OXSIONSOFT likes this.
  35. OXSIONSOFT

OXSIONSOFT

Thanks for the response and quick support.

36. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

No problem, happy to help!

37. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

We love seeing 2D projects taking advantage of Amplify Color. Be sure to check out Party Hard and their frantic stealth action gameplay.

Play it on Steam - Party Hard
    Amplify Color - Asset Store Page
    Amplify LUT Pack - Asset Store Page
    Fully Functional Trial Version - Download

38. UnityLighting

UnityLighting

I have a new problem on android build in 5.6.1
    When i disable AmplifyColor in my code, camera has cull all scene objects (except transparent surfaces)
    1.jpg 2.jpg

39. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Hello!

Thank you for getting in touch, I'll need to gather some more information in order to assist you:

Which android device are you using?
    Can you replicate the issue in a new project with a simple scene?
    If so, it would be extremely helpful if you could send us that sample for us to test.

Hope to hear from you soon!

40. UnityLighting

UnityLighting

1. Huawei Y5 with T720 Mali gpu and GLES3.1
    2. Lenovo A3500 Mali400mp2 GPU GLES2
    3. Samsung J1 Mali 400mp2 GPU - GLES2

already tested in 2 projects (complete game). You can try in a new project and disable Amplify Color in script
    I already tested in different ways. But nothing worked for this

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2WDRR3zNNn8TV9YX2p4OHNpcWc/view?usp=sharing

41. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Thank you for your reply!

Can you please confirm if the Unity version you're using is 5.6.1f1 and if the apk you shared is a development build?

Also, which Amplify Color version are you using?

We're a bit overloaded on our side, but we'll test your issue as soon as possible.
    A simple project with the problem would be ideal and surely speed up the debugging process.

42. UnityLighting

UnityLighting

5.6.1p4
    Latest Amplify Color
    I will send you a simple project

43. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Thank you for your consideration!

I'll be expecting the sample and will test it as soon as I can.

44. UnityLighting

UnityLighting

Everything is ok on the new project. I should find my problem from my current project

45. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Good to know it's working on a new project!

We're still willing to take a look if you can provide us a working sample with the issue, if you're interested.

46. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Paint the Town Red is a chaotic first person melee combat game set in different locations and time periods. The voxel-based enemies can be punched, bashed, kicked, stabbed and sliced completely dynamically using almost anything that isn’t nailed down.

Taking full advantage of Amplify Color and Amplify Motion, Painting the Town Red delivers a fresh stylized look blended with a tenacious brawling experience.

Amplify Motion - Asset Store Page

Fully Functional Trial Versions - Download

Check out our full suite of Amplify Unity Products and find out what they can do for your project

47. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Impulse of War is a multiplayer vehicular-action game packed with a modular vehicle editor, different game modes, weapons and customization of painting and light trails!

Burn some rubber in a colorful, action-packed competition enhanced by Amplify Color and Amplify Motion!

Amplify Motion - Asset Store Page

Check out our full suite of Amplify Unity Products and find out what they can do for your project

48. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Immortal Redneck is an FPS set in Egypt with rogue-lite elements. The game mixes old-school first-person shooter action with a rogue-lite mechanics. Frantic gameplay, twitch controls and an arcade-style feel meet randomly generated dungeons, a complete skill tree, permanent death and 9 classes with different traits.

Grab a gun, tighten your mummy bandages, delve deep into the danger-filled pyramids of Giza and bask in the colorful glory of the Amplify Color enhanced visuals!

49. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Ballistic Overkill is a fast paced PvP shooter. Select one of 7 classes, each with their own skills and weapons. Make multiple loadouts with each, creating different builds within the same character. No wimpy support classes, in Ballistic everyone is a killer! From parks, to malls, to abandoned hospitals and factories, Ballistic covers a wide variety of locations in its 10 maps. Some are large and some are small, but all of them have personality and something that makes it unique.

Choose and tailor your favourite class to your needs and obliterate your opponents in an Amplify Color empowered fragging experience, packed with a rich variety of maps and different game modes!

50. mukki014

mukki014

hi I'm very happy with your color grading system. you can see some of my work. but here is a problem when i try to build my demo for bugs so i found color grading is not working in game.
    these screenshots are from playmode not from build. so its work in playmode but dont after build.
    any help?

Attached Files: