Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[FREE] Amplify Color - Advanced Color Grading

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Amplify_Ricardo, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello everyone,

We updated our download system, use your Unity invoice numbers to access any of your Amplify Packages. Due to Asset Store review and submission times, the version in our own site is always the most recent.

Amplify Products - Download Page

Thanks!

2. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

From the legendary creator Keiji Inafune and Armature Studio, the team behind the “Metroid Prime” series, comes ReCore. You play as Joule Adams, a young survivor of a terrible cataclysm who journeys from Earth to the desert world, “Far Eden” to build mankind’s new home. Making great use of Amplify Color, it’s another awesome example of what can be built with Unity. You can learn more about the development process in their recent Unity Blog post, be sure to check it out.

Full Post - Amplify Creations Blog
    Amplify Color - Product Page
    Fully functional watermarked trial version - Download

Arganth likes this.
  3. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Virginia is a single-player first-person thriller set in a small town with a secret. Experience a missing person investigation through the eyes of graduate FBI agent Anne Tarver. Making full use of Amplify Motion, Amplify Color and the Amplify LUT Pack, Virginia delivers a unique and immersive experience.

Virginia, by Variable State - Get it on Steam!

Full Post - Amplify Creations Blog
    Amplify Motion- Product Page
    Amplify LUT Pack - Product Page
    Fully functional watermarked trials - Download

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  4. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Birthday Bonanza Madness Sale!

Amplify Color - Unity Asset Store

5. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Don't miss out, only $13 during the Birthday Bonanza Madness Sale!

6. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

7. spaceemotion

spaceemotion

Hey Ricardo,

I've noticed a problem / bug with the new post processing stack by unity and the dithering option of Amplify Color.
    If Amplify Color is after the stack, the dithering no longer works. If it is before the stack it does. However, all coloring and tonemapping options work as usual.

Is this intentional or an internal order issue by Amplify or Unity? Cheers!

8. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Thank you for letting us know, we will look into it as soon as possible. It should always be placed after other components but, due to the recent stack addition, we will need to to make few adjustments on our side in order to prevent any order related problems.

A new update shouldn't be too far off.

Thanks!

9. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Just a quick note: I have not fully explored the Tonemapping capabilities of the latest Effect Stack but it could be the cause of the issue. In order for the Dithering to work, the resulting data that AC manipulates must be HDR. It shouldn't be an issue if you only apply color alterations with the stack effects (none-LUT based).

We will investigate it further.

10. spaceemotion

spaceemotion

@Amplify_Ricardo I actually only use the Anti-Aliasing, Chrom. Aberration and Vignette Effects from the stack, the rest is completely disabled:

Thank you for the quick response!

11. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Thank you for the additional information, we will try it out on our side. What Unity version are you currently using?

Thanks!

12. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Birthday Bonanza Madness Sale! 8 days left to get Amplify Color for only $13. Why wait? You can push your project to the next level today!​

benderete likes this.
  13. spaceemotion

spaceemotion

I'm currently using the latest patch release, 5.4.3.p1

14. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

For now, I recommend using Bloom > Color > Effect Stack. It seems that, even without toggling any effects, it's messing with the data passed down to other image effects. We will investigate the issue and post about it here as soon as possible.

Thanks!

spaceemotion likes this.
  15. aglitchman

aglitchman

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  16. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Apologies for the delayed reply, we missed the forum notification. It should work as with any other Image Effects. Amplify Color is a very lightweight effect, ideal for VR or slower devices.

Thanks!

aglitchman likes this.
  17. bradbecker

bradbecker

StereoController and GvrEye are deprecated now in GVR--what's the new equivalent steps?

18. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

We will have to test it on our side, we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks!

19. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Unfortunately the documentation seems a bit lacking, have you had any luck with other image effects? Try manually adjusting your cameras by selecting your camera and going to GoogleVR > Update Stereo Cameras. We will keep an eye out for GoogleVR updates, we are curious to see how it develops.

Thank you for using Amplify Color.

20. UnityLighting

UnityLighting

www.GIFCreator.me_nxTQuF.gif
    1.jpg
    213.jpg

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  21. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

22. UnityLighting

UnityLighting

Hi
    First image is only with cinematic image effects applied

Second image is same things plus Amplify Color Robot Action lut thats modified in Adobe Photoshop

I just bought Amplify Color for Robot Action lut :)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  23. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Nice one, thank you for using it. We really appreciate the support ;)

24. Yasunokun

Yasunokun

Hi, Would this be compatible with SEGI? They have a limitation listed on their website, and I am unsure if it is related or not.

-- Incompatible with forward-rendered objects (deferred only)

25. Yasunokun

Yasunokun

26. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Thank you for your interest, we really appreciate it. AC works both in Deferred and Forward, there shouldn't be any issues but be sure to let us know if you encounter any problems.

Check out the fully functional trial version.

Amplify Color Trial - Download

Thanks!

Yasunokun likes this.
  27. Khena_B

Khena_B

Hey,

It would be really useful to have the option to enable Amplify in the scene view, right now i've added [ImageEffectAllowedInSceneView] to AmplifyColorEffect.cs but i think this should be a feature.

UnityLighting likes this.
  28. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion. I'm not entirely sure if all features would work as expected but I will pitch it to the AC developer.

Thanks!

29. Kolyasisan

Kolyasisan

I think that this is a rather old question, but does Amplify LUT pack work with Unity's cinematic image effects color grader?

30. UnityLighting

UnityLighting

Yes. result is same. Amplify Color benefit is performance and usable in mobile platforms

Amplify_Ricardo likes this.
  31. RogueCode

RogueCode

@Amplify_Ricardo we're getting the following on Xbox One (I assume since we updated, because it was working before):

upload_2017-2-20_14-57-23.png

32. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Thank you for reporting the problem, we will run a few tests on our side and get back to you as soon as possible. What's your current Unity version and, to be sure, your exact Amplify Color version? (Window > Amplify Color > About)

Thanks!

33. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

34. drdublchin17

drdublchin17

Hi @Amplify_Ricardo ,

Really love the product! Our team though is having a small issue. If we bring in an already made LUT onto another computer and apply it to the Amplify Color component, it will either create no changes or really exaggerate the map making for some really ugly colors. This is kinda weird since the LUT works perfectly fine on the original computer.

35. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello!

Thank you for using it, we really appreciate the support. Our apologies for the delay, we were away for a couple of days. Make sure that you use the same texture inspector proprieties in the other computer, that should resolve the issue. You can either set them manually, or simply copy the appropriate .meta file along with the .png LUT texture.

Be sure to let us know if the problem persists, we would be happy to help.

Thanks!

36. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Get your VR devices out, Giant Cop: Justice Above All is finally out! Be sure to check it out on the Oculus Shop, coming soon to Steam. It's a great example of how Amplify Color can help you tweak 2D game visuals. We invite you all to check out the fully functional Amplify Color Trial, see for yourself what it can do for your project.

Now with Unity 5.6 support!

Amplify LUT Pack - Product Page

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  37. Teh_Lemon

Teh_Lemon

Hello.
    There's a bug with the LUT Browser when previewing a camera: It's using the camera object's local transform rather than its world transform.
    Thanks

38. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch, we would be happy to help. Can you elaborate on your current setup? Any additional information that might help us replicate the problem on our side would be most welcome.

Thanks!

39. Teh_Lemon

Teh_Lemon

Unity 5.6.0f3. LUT 1.1.1.

Camera is on a child gameobject with a local transform of pos 0,0,0 and a rotation of 0. Its world/global transform is around pos 8,8,3 and rotated 45 degrees.
    https://i.imgur.com/bpBO6kw.png

What I'm expecting the LUT Browser camera preview thumbnails to show is the view from the camera's world transform i.e. an overhead view of the scene like this
    https://i.imgur.com/is24btS.png

Instead, what is displayed in the LUT preview is a view from the corner of the room, i.e 0,0,0.
    https://i.imgur.com/Py90Vhc.png

If I change the camera's local transform to 12,12,12 and rotated 90 degrees down then the LUT preview updates accordingly and shows the floor in the middle of the scene.
    https://i.imgur.com/RI7zd3X.png

If I change the position of the camera's parent gameobject then nothing happens.

40. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Thank you for reporting the problem, we were able to replicate the issue on our side. We will get back to you as soon as the issue is corrected, we will have to run a few additional tests.

Thanks!

41. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

The issue has been corrected, be sure to let us know if you run into any additional problems, we would be happy to help. Please use your Asset Store invoice number to download the latest version directly from our website.

Amplify Products - Download

Thanks!

42. Teh_Lemon

Teh_Lemon

I can confirm the issue has been fixed on my end.
    Thank you for the quick responses.

43. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Awesome, great to know that it's working!

44. gecko

gecko

Trying to use Amplify Color in a project in 5.5.3f1, but I can't toggle component on, and when I try, I get this error, below. But it works fine when I open another project in 5.5.3. Is there some project setting that might be interfering?

[AmplifyColor] This image effect is not supported on this platform.
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    AmplifyColorBase:ReportNotSupported() (at Assets/AssetStore Tools/AmplifyColor/Plugins/AmplifyColorBase.cs:148)
    AmplifyColorBase:CheckShader(Shader) (at Assets/AssetStore Tools/AmplifyColor/Plugins/AmplifyColorBase.cs:161)
    AmplifyColorBase:CheckShaders() (at Assets/AssetStore Tools/AmplifyColor/Plugins/AmplifyColorBase.cs:169)
    AmplifyColorBase:CreateMaterials() (at Assets/AssetStore Tools/AmplifyColor/Plugins/AmplifyColorBase.cs:638)
    AmplifyColorBase:OnEnable() (at Assets/AssetStore Tools/AmplifyColor/Plugins/AmplifyColorBase.cs:205)
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

EDIT: I deleted and reimported AC and now it works fine. Huh.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  45. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Greetings Dave,

Thank you for the update, that's what I was going to recommend. Be sure to let us know if you run into any additional problems, we would be happy to help.

Thanks!

46. gecko

gecko

Okay, so I do have a real question: We've got Amplify Color on our Main Camera, works great now. But sometimes we toggle on a secondary camera which only renders certain layers (and set to depth only), and it's depth-sorted in front of the main camera, of course. But when we toggle that on, we lose the AC LUT texture effect. Both cameras are set to Deferred, and the LUT effect returns if I switch the secondary camera to Forward. I kinda/maybe/sorta understand why this might be happening...but do you know a way to keep Deferred on both cameras and retain the LUT effect?

thx
    Dave

47. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Can you share a sample with the problem present directly via support@amplify.pt? It would really speedup the debug process. Any additional information that might help us replicate the issue on our side would be most welcome.

Do you happen to be using any other image effects? If so, a screenshot would be really helpful.

Thanks!

48. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Madness Sale!
    Get Amplify Bloom for only $17.50.

Amplify Color - Asset Store Page
    Fully Functional Trial Version - Download

What does Firewatch, p.a.m.e.l.a., Manifold Garden, Rust, The Forest, Night In The Woods, Broforce and Star Wars Journeys Ep 1 – to name a few – have in common? Check out our full suite of Amplify Unity Products and find out what they can do for your project.

49. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

The Amplify LUT Pack is also on sale, it's a great addition for any Amplify Color user collection. You should also be able to use it with compatible grading image effects capable of handling 1024x32 LUT textures. Over 200 cinema-grade color presets, instant variation with a single click using the LUT Browser.

Amplify Color - Asset Store Page
    Amplify LUT Pack - Asset Store Page
    Fully Functional Trial Version - Download

50. Autarkis

Autarkis

@Amplify_Ricardo does it work with canvases per chance? Can't seem to make that work in my initial test.
    Edit: Nevermind, Screen space canvases ignore all image effects. Switching it to world space / camera space solves this.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017