Search Unity

[FREE] Amplify Color - Advanced Color Grading

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Amplify_Ricardo, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

That is an odd issue, are you by any chance disabling the camera between screenshots? I can't seem to replicate the problem on our side, what Unity version, Photoshop and OS do you use?

Thank you for reporting it.

2. sama-van

sama-van

@Amplify_Ricardo
    I just would like to confirm the LUT from your plugin works a charm on xboxOne hardware.

3. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Awesome, thanks for the update. Happy to know it's working, let us know if you run into any issues we would be happy to help.

Best of luck with your project and keep us posted, we would love to promote it at a later stage.

Thanks

4. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

A great example of the quality that can be achieved with Enlighten in this new Unity 5 Tech Demo by Alex Lovett. We look forward to future demos, it’s always great to see our products in action, both Amplify Color and Motion were used to enhance the final look.

The Divine Unity Shrine – GI Tech Demo

Amplify Blog - The Divine Unity Shrine: GI Tech Demo

Fully functional watermarked trial versions - Download

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  5. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello everyone!

Today was a great day for Unity users all over the world. With the announcement of the new and unrestricted free version of Unity 5 the possibilities are virtually unlimited. A very warm welcome to all free users, we look forward to your creations!

Great to see some amplified projects up there, looking at you Divine Unity Shrine, Rust & Firewatch! Let us know if we missed any, we would love to help promote your project.

We would like to invite you to try our fully functional Trial Versions and see for yourself what it can do for your project.

Thanks!

6. derkoi

derkoi

Hi, is there an update that fixes this issue yet?

7. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hi, does the problem persist using the latest publicly available updates? Our apologies but we assumed the problem was resolved given the tests we did on our side and based on feedback from other customers.

We would be happy to help you solve the problem, you have our full attention. Please send us a sample via support@amplify.pt with the problem present and we will debug it. Alternatively we recommend testing the latest Unity 5 update, this version was submitted to the Unity Asset Store and will be available in a few days. In order to avoid any possible update/installation issues you will have to delete the old AC version manually, future updates will not require a manual removal.

Let me know if you get a chance to test the new build, I would be happy to forward you the latest full version.

Thanks

8. Diogo-Teixeira

Diogo-Teixeira

Hi everyone,

We're still having a few technical difficulties, please hold off updating to the latest version (1.4.3) until we sort them out.

--- edit
    Upgrade issues have been resolved and we're just waiting for Asset Store approval.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Kind regards

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  9. Diogo-Teixeira

Diogo-Teixeira

Hi everyone,

Our latest Amplify Color update 1.4.3r2 has finally been accepted to the Asset Store. In this version we fixed potential script disconnection issues when upgrading from version 1.4.2. We've corrected our deployment process to ensure this never happens again.

Please keep in mind that upgrading from 1.4.3 to 1.4.3r2 may cause issues. We recommend everyone switch over to r2 and be careful in the process.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

10. Drewson

Drewson

I have purchased this asset - I am looking at your Dynamic Mask test scene and when I drop a particle system in that file it looks like the mask is seeing the entire particle card, not just the opaque part of the particle - is this intended results?

11. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hi, thank you for reporting the issue. We updated the example and it now supports particles and other semi-transparent surfaces.

pasted_image_at_2015_03_23_08_10_pm.png

Dynamic Mask Example: Download

12. LoDx

LoDx

Hi @Amplify_Ricardo ,
    Just bought your asset after watching the demo... but now I have to scratch my head ( probably pull my hairs later...) trying to figure out how to achieve the effects as shown in your demo.

Would really appreciate if you include the demo scene(s) in the asset package. That really helps new users who might not well verse in your product.

Just 2cents.
    Thanks

13. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello @LoDx ,

Thank you, we really appreciate the support. We would be happy to share the project with you, be sure to also check the Manual and the Video Tutorials/Walkthroughs.

It might be a possibility in the near future, we are looking into ways to distribute more examples.

I will send you a PM.

Thanks!

14. 4s4

4s4

I was testing the trial version of the plugin on my pc, I found out from profiler that amplify(set on mobile) uses about 50% more processing that unitys own solution (set on on simple). I wonder if that's because of the watermark of the trial version? I also tested on Mobile, same thing.

15. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it. I did a few tests just to be sure we did not introduce any new issues in the latest update and the trial version performs far better than the Standard Color Correction (3D Lookup Texture); the equivalent Unity Effect.

I believe you were referring to the Color Correction Curves script, although that is a different technique the performance provided by Amplify Color, considering all the extra features, seems to be equivalent and negligible.

Do note that unlike the Curves script, Amplify Color provides tools to facilitate and automate the LUT creation process, including direct connection to Photoshop for quick editing. Additionally, we support build targets without support for 3D LUT textures, like iOS and Android, dynamic blending between grade profiles, volume-base color correction and 3rd-party effect control, texture based per-pixel masking (can be dynamic/RT) and all shaders are highly optimized for mobile.

Do you happen to be using a high Anti-Aliasing value or a custom AA script in your mobile build? We have seen some performance issues in the past both with Amplify Color and other Unity Image Effects. Let us know, we would love to help you improve your experience if possible.

Thanks!

EDIT: Tests were done with Vsync On and AA 8X.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  16. cabammel

cabammel

I don't know if this question has been asked yet, but is it possible to convert one of shaderforge's shaders to Amplify's? I'm not too familiar with coding, but ShaderForge's code is a bit different. I've seen the conversion code for custom shaders, but I don't know how to implement it.

17. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello, thanks for getting in touch. It is indeed possible as with other shaders, albeit not without a few additional steps. Some of our users have done it in the past but unfortunately we cannot share the source.

Feel free to get in touch with us via support@amplify.pt, we would be happy to examine the shader. Alternatively we recommend contacting the ShaderForge developer.

18. mcmorry

mcmorry

Hi, I upgraded to last version with all editor source codes and it works very well as usual :)
    I saw that now there are dlls for editor (as before) and also for runtime, plus all the c# files. I'm just wondering why both. Can I use only the dll or only the cs code?
    Thanks.

19. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hi there, thanks for using Amplify Color. Editor source was not included in the previous version, including that dll avoids double references and upgrade issues with the none-source trial version. Use the source but leave the dll as is, it currently serves no practical purpose in the full version but this might be subject to change in the future.

Thanks!

20. montyfi

montyfi

As soon as I add Render Color Mask "Global Fog" Image Effect stops rendering. Is there a way to fix that?

21. montyfi

montyfi

Also, ColorMaskShader from color mask example doesn't work on xbox one.
    It says Pass '' has no shader programs (Fixed-Function not supported).
    Could someone help to modify it, replacing fixed function?

22. Diogo-Teixeira

Diogo-Teixeira

Hi montyfi,

I took the opportunity to make a few changes to the RenderColorMask code:
    - Removed all fixed-function code from the shaders
    - Added some RT safeguards to OnPostRender hoping it'll fix the ImageEffect issues

Unfortunately we don't have an Xbox One to test this on, so please let us know if this worked for you.

You can download a package containing the modified files by following this link. (Dropbox)
    The sample projects at our website were also updated.

Cheers

23. montyfi

montyfi

Thank you very much, shaders compiles without any problems now!
    Unfortunately I still have problem with fog. Probably it is my fault, I forgot that I modified it a little bit, I need a fog to be applied on top of water, so I went and commented this line in GlobalFog script:
    // [ImageEffectOpaque]

Could you please advice how to make it work with Color Mask? Is it possible?

24. Diogo-Teixeira

Diogo-Teixeira

Is the Fog affecting the Color Mask? Or is it some other problem related to masking?

Fog shouldn't affect the Color Mask, however. If it is, I'm sure we can fix it.

AFAIK Global fog needs that tag to work properly.

Cheers

25. montyfi

montyfi

During play, as soon as I enable color mask script the fog disappears completely.

Unfortunately, for me that tag makes fog useless, because it cancels fog rendering on top of water. Maybe I should change something in fog shader instead, but I have no idea what it should be.

26. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Take it to eleven with 50% OFF Amplify Color!

Exclusive for Pro and Level 11 subscribers: Product Page

27. Diogo-Teixeira

Diogo-Teixeira

I was able to sort it out with a small modification. I tested it myself and it shouldn't mess up your Fog anymore. Here's the updated package. (Dropbox)

Please let us know if this works for you.

Cheers

28. montyfi

montyfi

It works! Thank you very much!

29. Deleted User

Deleted User

Thank you so much for the, even more, generous offer!!

I really needed this for the finishing touch on my next version of my game...it runs..like it is not even there!!

I was so paranoid to have this on Android..with my game type, I wanted to show how it looks.

and the problem I am having..I am sure you come across before..two camera's?...So my scene was running pretty much the same speed,

I can not seem to have my rear view camera, clear on the skybox..any work around...?
    It is very easy to use and implement!!

The map is so big, I have to point out mission objectives, otherwise you would be lost.(they appear when you press the help button, then dissapear)

I am getting some banding, on my sky box gradients..I am hoping your LUT Editor will help with that..looking forward to it!!

I am doing this by myself, and your tools and great deals, really help out!!
    Thanks

Patrick Force

Update: I was able to get my rear camera to render the sky box..but with out Amplify color.
    By disabling and quickly....re-enable...I will live with it..I kinda figure it was like this..one master render camera..

I think my All Sky cube Map is causing these...compression artifacts..I am going to try another method.( this is just the reference .png, de-saturated in
    Photoshop. and the color LUT, is the original, no export or alteration.

and without any filter (no effects)

I think it is just magnifying the original compression artifacts, making them more viable?
    Just FYI..

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2015
  30. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hi!

Thanks for using AC, we really appreciate it. Our apologies for the delay, we are gearing up for a simultaneous product update but we would love to help you solve the issues you are experiencing asap.

Regarding the banding issue, is your AC quality value set to Mobile?

We are currently trying to replicate the camera issue, any additional info or samples sent directly to support@amplify.pt would be most welcome.

Thanks!

31. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Great article about color grading and look development in Unity. Check it out if you want to learn more about the awesome product offering in the Unity Asset Store. Quick reminder, our own color grading solution is currently available at half-price for Level 11 Members.

COLOR GRADING WITH UNITY AND THE ASSET STORE - Unity Blog Post

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  32. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

This is the Color Grading plugin you're looking for! Amplify Color, only $12.50 for Level 11 Members.

Amplify Blog - Star Wars: Journeys

33. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

** Only 2 days left! **

Exclusive for Pro and Level 11 subscribers: Product Page

34. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Looking for affordable and high quality LUT's? Be sure to check the awesome Color Grading LUT Pack by Flow Fire Games, over 100+ color presets.

The Asset Pack contains several types of LUT’s:

• Blockbuster Cinema
    • Vintage Retro & Hip filters
    • Lomo
    • Day and Night
    • Camera effects
    • Beauty gradings
    • Black and White styles
    • Grunge and Horror
    • Utilities
    • and much more!

Get it now: Asset Store Page
    Flow Fire Games: Assets
    Amplify Blog: Full Post

Works best with Amplify Color – Advanced Color Grading
    Our grading solution brings industry-level color grading to your Unity game by mimicking the color transforms made inside a tool like Photoshop or typical grading software such as Nuke, After Effects, Fusion or similar; e.g. change contrast, color curves, exposure, saturation, hue and more, or a combination of all transforms at once. For Desktop, WebGL, Mobile & Consoles.

Product Page - Download Trial - Web Demo

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  35. pixpusher2

pixpusher2

Hi there. Just got the plugin! Loving it so far. :)

What's the best way to disable an activated Color Volume while you're still inside, using scripting?

I tried using Destroy() and SetActive(false) on the volume object, but it made the activated LUT permanent instead.
    The only solution I found was to move the Color Volume far off screen to deactivate it before destroying, but it seems a bit hacky.

Thanks!

36. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Thank you for reporting the issue, we will look into it as soon as possible. Are you using Unity 5?

Thanks!

37. pixpusher2

pixpusher2

Yup I'm currently using Unity 5.1.0f3

38. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Our apologies for the delay, we might be able to include a fix in the next Amplify Color update. I will keep you posted.

Thanks!

39. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Soul Axiom is a fantastic indie game developed by Wales Interactive and amplified by our color grading plugin. Great narrative and visuals, currently available on Steam for PC, Linux & Mac.

Amplify Color - Asset Store Page

Amplify Blog - Soul Axiom

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  40. bryantdrewjones

bryantdrewjones

Hi @Amplify_Ricardo :)

I'm trying to integrate the Colour Mask demo into my 2D game, but I'm seeing some weird behaviour that I'm not sure how to fix:

In this screenshot, I have the character layer set to ignore the colour profile; everything else is correctly receiving the colour grading. What I didn't expect was the additive effect coming from the tree. The tree should be rendering on top of the character, and the portions of the character masked by the branches shouldn't be visible at all.

I'm just using the default sprite shader along with the RenderColorMask script that I downloaded from your website.

Any idea why the character is still visible through the tree when using the colour mask? :(

Cheers! :)

-Bryant

41. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello Bryant

Thank you for using Amplify Color, we really apreciate it. We are going to add a 2D Mask Example to that package soon, in the meantime I will share a project sample with you via PM.

Let us know if you run into any issues, we would be happy to help.

Thanks!

42. bryantdrewjones

bryantdrewjones

Oh wow, thank you for the super quick response!! :) I'll give that sample a try! :D

Loving the asset so far! <3

Cheers!

-Bryant

43. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

No problem ;) Awesome, looking forward to your feedback.

Thanks!

44. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

The Masking issue reported was resolved via PM. If anyone else happens to be looking for a 2D Masking example project be sure to let me know, I would be happy to share it.

Thanks!

45. FPires

FPires

Hey, I have a question.
    Is it possible with Volumes to display two simultaneous LUTs at the same time, but one affecting only the area inside the volume while out of it?
    Also, I noticed the Logarithmic Tonemapper used in the Blacksmith demo uses a LUT that is calibrated differently. Would Amplify work well with it?

46. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Thank you for your interest, we really appreciate it.

Such effect is definitely possible but not with default Amplify Color Volumes, for that kind of grading you would have to develop your own custom masking solution. You can definitely use AC as a basis, be sure to check out our Dynamic Mask Example.

Dynamic Mask Sample Project: Download

To our knowledge it would not, although similar in size Amplify Color uses a different scheme. For additional AC LUT's we definitely recommend checking out the Flow Fire Games LUT Pack. Were you looking for a way to use existing film stock emulation LUT's?

Let us know if you have any additional questions, we would be happy to elaborate.

Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  47. JAKAMY

JAKAMY

Hi I purchased AmplifyColor to use with our 2D game. I noticed it can't use 2D colliders, any idea on how to get it to work? Thanks
    Answer to my own question:
    Add game object as child to your player sprite.
    Manually Add AmplifyColorTriggerProxy script to it
    Set reference transform to player
    And ownerEffect is the camera that uses amplifycolor.

Really great package for our artists :)
    Cheers

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  48. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Thank you for using Amplify Color, we really appreciate it. That's an interesting use case that we did not plan for, we will definitely try it out and see if there is a way to automate the process.

Thank you for your feedback!

JAKAMY likes this.
  49. zloph

zloph

Hi, I have been using AC for a mobile game which is working great on WP8 and various Android phones. When I got my game running on an iphone (3g in particular). The grade gave the game, a green tint. I'm running the game in legacy deferred, and using a second camera, running UI and 2d game stuff on top. Also I had been getting low memory messages, would that cause that strange effect to happen? Any Idea's?

50. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

did you tested your game on wp8 and android device that are 8 years old as an iphone 3g ?