Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[FREE] Amplify Color - Advanced Color Grading

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Amplify_Ricardo, Oct 8, 2013.

1. DeepShader

DeepShader

2. DeepShader

DeepShader

3. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

4. DeepShader

DeepShader

That's great to hear :)

5. Nihil688

Nihil688

@Amplify_Ricardo is there a way to change the colour during runtime, our artists are finding a bit difficult to get the desired result having to take a picture, move to photoshop, color correct and return with the file to the plugin

6. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hey there,

You can swap LUT textures at runtime and even blend between them. This is something that you can animate, set per-area with our Color Volumes, or simply change via code(BlendTo).

Adjusting the actual LUT texture is not possible, this a step that can only be executed in the editor.

Let me know if you have any additional questions, thanks!

7. Nihil688

Nihil688

Couldn't it somehow use a gradient? Or somehow edit it after initially putting the first texture? The point is to be able to adjust the values to actually see the result quickly and decide what you want

8. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

You can adjust your textures but that's not something Amplify Color does on its own, the main purpose is to provide an extremely optimized way, along with flexible features such as volumes, to use and blend between LUT's.

Thanks!

9. NoobDoAAA

NoobDoAAA

10. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Oh thanks, great results!

11. Kareeem

Kareeem

Hi there, do you intend to make this work on lwrp as well?

12. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Hello, we're definitely hoping to tackle this as soon as possible!

Kareeem and Midnight_Games like this.
  13. unity_i2OO_WmetFMfcw

unity_i2OO_WmetFMfcw

What is the best way to apply an image effect on top of the color grading?
    Currently my image effect is graded after the LUT is applied.

In some cases this makes sense, but in others not really.

For example if I want a red vignette around my screen to indicate damage, but my game has been graded to be black and white.

Edit: The solution is just the order of the monobehaviour

1. ImageEffect
    2. AmplifyColor
    3. ImageEffect

The first image efect will be graded, and the second will not

14. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Greetings,

Order works in some cases but you might need to consider using additional cameras, it really depends on what your image effect uses.

Thanks!

15. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

LAST CALL!

Quick heads up for anyone interested in adding Amplify Shader Editor, Amplify Impostors, or any of our other products to their collection, the Unity Asset Store CYBER WEEK MADNESS SALE ends today!

Now is the best time to get our packages at half price!

MADNESS SALE - Amplify Products at 50% OFF

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  16. Joshua_strawchildgames

Joshua_strawchildgames

Quick question. Does this or will it support 2018.3 and/or HD-SRP?

17. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Not at the moment, perhaps in a later iteration.

Apologies for the lack of specific information but supporting HD SRP is pretty much comparable to creating a whole new solution.

18. Joshua_strawchildgames

Joshua_strawchildgames

I get that, HD-SRP is still rather new and the 2018.3 update takes it even further from standard. I hope to see this on HD-SRP in the future.

19. TeohRIK

TeohRIK

Hi amplify team, I starting to getting this error everytime I build the game after I upgrade to 5.6.6. My game targeting PC

Shader error in 'Hidden/RenderMask': invalid subscript 'instanceID' 'UnitySetupInstanceID': no matching 1 parameter function at Assets/Imported Asset/Post Processing/AmplifyColor/Resources/Common.cginc(103) (on d3d11)

Compiling Vertex program with STEREO_INSTANCING_ON
    Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2

Attached Files:

20. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Hello! We've registered the issue and will look into it as soon as possible, thank you for taking the time to report it!

21. gferrari

gferrari

I am using Unity2018.2, with the script I enable and disable the Amplify Color component that the camera has. It takes a lot of time for cell phones to activate only the first time (a lot) and makes the experience a bit annoying. Any suggestions to improve this? (I have a button that allows to put the retro filter, then if I press it again it removes it). If I leave it activated when starting, it takes time to start the game. I do not know what it can be, but it's only with Amplify Color. Thanks in avance.

22. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Hello, we'll need a few additional details in order to help you debug this issue.

- Which specific Unity and Amplify Color versions are you using in your project?

- What device(s) did you test on and which OpenGL ES version was used?

- Do you get any warnings or errors in the console?

- Can you elaborate on the performance hit and share a screenshot of your camera and AC settings?

- Can you replicate the issue in a new, simple project with just Amplify Color imported?

23. Korindian

Korindian

Hi, upgraded to 2018.3f2 and am getting 8 console warnings for PrefabType and PrefabUtility.GetPrefabType(Object) being obsolete. Just thought you may want to clear those up.

pcg likes this.
  24. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Thanks for the heads-up, we'll have to tackle a few issues in order to support 2018.x.

Apologies for inconvenience.

25. Silverthorne

Silverthorne

Hi. Would this asset be good for creating a day and night cycle based on LUTs for a top down "2.5D" Zelda-like game?
    So one could transition slowly between the LUTs based on the time of day, without hard and sudden transitions.

26. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Hello, thank you for your interest!

You can set up a controller through scripting that uses the BlendTo function to swap between LUTs at runtime, or even use Volume Blending, depending on your requirements.

Feel free to test our fully functional trial version before fully committing to a purchase, and please let us know if you have any further questions.

27. Silverthorne

Silverthorne

Thanks for the quick and thorough reply! I bought the asset and will test it out more after work (hard to be a full time banker by day and an aspiring indie dev by night, hehe). Applying a LUT worked at the first try, so I'm off to a good start with AC! (PPS from Unity did not play as nice). You don't happen to have an example of such a script do you? Where say I want to have one LUT at 18:00 (in-game time) and another at 21:00, and every blend in between those?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  28. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

No problem! Although we have no sample for this specific effect, here's a simple script that shows how you can blend between an array of LUTs:

Code (CSharp):
    1. public class ChangeLUT : MonoBehaviour {
    3.     public Texture2D[] MyLuts;
    4.     public float BlendDelay= 0.2f;
    5.     private int CurrentLUT= 0 ;
    6.     private int TotalLUTS;
    8.     void Start()
    9.     {
    10.         TotalLUTS = MyLuts.Length;
    11.     }
    13.         // Blend LUT
    14.         void BlendNext() {
    16.         GetComponent<AmplifyColorEffect>().BlendTo( MyLuts[CurrentLUT-1], BlendDelay, OnFinishedBlending );
    17.     }
    19.     void OnFinishedBlending() {
    20.         //Custom Actions
    21.     }
    23.     // Update is called once per frame
    24.     void Update () {
    27.         // Change LUT +
    28.         if (Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.RightArrow)) {
    29.             if (CurrentLUT == TotalLUTS)
    30.                 {
    31.                     CurrentLUT = 1;
    32.                 }
    33.             else
    34.                 {
    35.                     CurrentLUT++;
    36.                 }
    37.             BlendNext();
    38.         }
    40.         // Change LUT -
    41.         if (Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.LeftArrow))
    42.         {
    43.             if (CurrentLUT > 1)
    44.             {
    45.                 CurrentLUT--;
    46.             }
    47.             else
    48.             {
    49.                 CurrentLUT = TotalLUTS;
    50.             }
    51.             BlendNext();
    52.         }
    55.     }
    56. }
    Hope this helps!

29. Silverthorne

Silverthorne

Thank you very much!

30. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Hello, I believe that you might've posted your question in the wrong thread!

Arganth likes this.
  31. VR_Unity_Account

VR_Unity_Account

Hello, Amplify team! We are developing a VR experience using a standalone mobile VR headset and, so far, yours is the only package we have found so far that actually supports mobile VR. Nice!
    With that, we were wondering if it is possible to create a layer, or tag-based color mask using VR.

To clarify, we wish to create an effect within VR where the player's vision goes black and white except for certain objects that we specify using a tag, a layer, or some other identifying component that we can place on any object within the scene to ensure that it remains colored.

I have no doubt that such a thing is possible, but any support that you could provide would be most welcome. We have tinkered with your "Try it before you buy it" demo package for a couple hours now, so we are by no means experts with this new workflow. Please keep that in mind.

Thanks!

32. Deleted User

Deleted User

This sounds like a script driven custom shaders , simple.
    3 hooks in the shader
    bool : IsColor
    bool : IsInScreenSpace
    bool : IsTagged

Use De-Saturate for BW/Color hooked into IsTagged var
    Use variable provided to drive 'isInScreenSpace' var.
    Write a script that connects the shader and gives it the values.
    Bring in the Camera view in the script:

Now B/W or Color on or off by tag, use Amplify.

just a thought.

p-

33. VR_Unity_Account

VR_Unity_Account

I'll have our shader guy take a look. Just to clarify, the black and white effect may not be what we go for exactly. It would be ideal for us to use Amplify to create a custom color effect and then be able to exclude desired objects from the effect. It still needs to work in VR, though! That's the kicker.

34. DeepShader

DeepShader

Any news here? :)

35. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

Hello, our masking sample used a second camera to render objects on a “Color Mask” layer using a very simple unlit color shader, e.g. white on black background (or vice versa), into a “Color Mask” Render Texture. This texture would then be assigned to the Mask property of the Amplify Color component. Unfortunately this method didn't work for VR setups, and we're hoping to find an alternative suitable for VR although it's still pending further investigation

Unfortunately our developer hasn't been able to tackle this just yet, apologies for the inconvenience.

36. VR_Unity_Account

VR_Unity_Account

Oof. That is, indeed, disappointing. Is there, at the very least, a way to exclude certain materials from the effect? Perhaps even exclude a certain color? Please let us know if there are any sort of VR-friendly options for dynamic masking. We can work around limitations. Your plugin is very powerful and I would hate for us to have to search for other, lesser options due to this setback.

37. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

We apologize for the inconvenience, but we're not aware of any VR-friendly way of achieving dynamic masking at this time and, unfortunately, this is not something that we'll be able to tackle anytime soon so it might be best to search for some other alternative.

38. DeepShader

DeepShader

But it is planned for soon?

39. Amplify_Borba

Amplify_Borba

We don't have any ETAs that we can share at this time, but we'll be sure to keep you posted as soon as any new developments come up!

40. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Greetings,

We've decided to focus our resources exclusively on the official Unity forum! We're disabling our own hosted forums but the old posts will remain available for future reference.

Due to popular demand, we’ve also created an official Discord Channel. Here you’ll be able to interact with other Amplify Users, discuss our products, share feedback and your work. This is a new experience for us so we ask that you be patient and provide feedback on what you think we could improve.

Official Discord channel - Join us today!

41. lucas_martinic

lucas_martinic

Hey! I am trying to use this with the Oculus OVR Camera rig in unity 2018.3 where the rig has 3 cameras, Left, Right and Center. If I apply the amplify color component to the center camera, I see the effect applied in the inspector, but when I build for Oculus Go, I see only the "map" of the effect.

Attached Files:

• ac.png
      ac.png
      File size:
      178.2 KB
      Views:
  42. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Apologies for the inconvenience but we're currently unable to officially support the Oculus Go.Do you seen any errors or warnings after the build process or when executing a development build?

Thanks!

43. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

The Madness Sale is almost over but did you know you can get 10% OFF your entire purchase when you spend $50 or more? Use promo code MAYSALE10PERCENT during checkout!

Check out our deals at 50% OFF - Asset Store Page

44. Sr-Liermann

Sr-Liermann

Hello, how are you, I don't know why but with Lightweight Render Pipeline, the amplify color don't get any effect for me. Does it suport the Lightweight Render Pipeline?

45. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello, great thanks!

I'm afraid not, Amplify Color only works with the Built-in Legacy Renderer.

Thanks!

46. MastermindInteractive

MastermindInteractive

Hello, I'm using the latest version in 2018.3.7, standard renderer (no pipeline) and for some reason when I build, Amplify Color does not work. I found a link in Google pointing to the issue from several years ago and the fix was to update to the latest version. Any idea why it's not working?

47. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hey there, any errors after you build it?
    Are you using the latest Color version?

Thanks!

48. MastermindInteractive

MastermindInteractive

There are no errors after the build and I am using the latest version according to the Asset Store.

49. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

That's strange, we just tested it and it's working correctly.
    What's your target platform, and can you replicate it on a new project?

Thanks!

50. Xarbrough

Xarbrough

Hi, I've just purchased Amplify Color and I like the product, but there are two issues I would like to see fixed:

When using Unity 2019.1 I had the following compile errors:

Assets\Plugins\AmplifyColor\Plugins\AmplifyColorRenderMaskBase.cs(113,17): error CS0103: The name 'XRSettings' does not exist in the current context

Assets\Plugins\AmplifyColor\Plugins\AmplifyColorRenderMaskBase.cs(115,25): error CS0103: The name 'XRSettings' does not exist in the current context

Assets\Plugins\AmplifyColor\Plugins\AmplifyColorRenderMaskBase.cs(116,26): error CS0103: The name 'XRSettings' does not exist in the current context

Assets\Plugins\AmplifyColor\Plugins\AmplifyColorRenderMaskBase.cs(171,37): error CS0103: The name 'XRSettings' does not exist in the current context

After some investigation I found that the XRSettings class does not exist when the VR package is disabled in the Unity Package Manager. Since our project does not use any VR or XR functionality, I want to keep these packages disabled and believe it should be possible for Amplify to check if the module is present. If not, this would be something I'd also report to Unity, since there must be some official way to handle these optional packages.

Additionally, after the Amplify installation, I was greeted with the following warnings:

Assets\Plugins\AmplifyColor\Plugins\AmplifyColorBase.cs(170,9): warning CS0618: 'SystemInfo.supportsImageEffects' is obsolete: 'supportsImageEffects always returns true, no need to call it'

Assets\Plugins\AmplifyColor\Plugins\Editor\AmplifyColorEffectEditorBase.cs(71,29): warning CS0618: 'PrefabUtility.GetPrefabParent(Object)' is obsolete: 'Use GetCorrespondingObjectFromSource.'

Assets\Plugins\AmplifyColor\Plugins\Editor\AmplifyColorEffectEditorBase.cs(72,3): warning CS0618: 'PrefabType' is obsolete: 'PrefabType no longer tells everything about Prefab instance.'

Assets\Plugins\AmplifyColor\Plugins\Editor\AmplifyColorEffectEditorBase.cs(72,33): warning CS0618: 'PrefabUtility.GetPrefabType(Object)' is obsolete: 'Use GetPrefabAssetType and GetPrefabInstanceStatus to get the full picture about Prefab types.'

Assets\Plugins\AmplifyColor\Plugins\Editor\AmplifyColorEffectEditorBase.cs(73,47): warning CS0618: 'PrefabType' is obsolete: 'PrefabType no longer tells everything about Prefab instance.'

Assets\Plugins\AmplifyColor\Plugins\Editor\AmplifyColorEffectEditorBase.cs(73,86): warning CS0618: 'PrefabType' is obsolete: 'PrefabType no longer tells everything about Prefab instance.'

Assets\Plugins\AmplifyColor\Plugins\Editor\AmplifyColorEffectEditorBase.cs(87,29): warning CS0618: 'PrefabUtility.GetPrefabParent(Object)' is obsolete: 'Use GetCorrespondingObjectFromSource.'

Assets\Plugins\AmplifyColor\Plugins\Editor\AmplifyColorEffectEditorBase.cs(88,4): warning CS0618: 'PrefabType' is obsolete: 'PrefabType no longer tells everything about Prefab instance.'

Assets\Plugins\AmplifyColor\Plugins\Editor\AmplifyColorEffectEditorBase.cs(88,33): warning CS0618: 'PrefabUtility.GetPrefabType(Object)' is obsolete: 'Use GetPrefabAssetType and GetPrefabInstanceStatus to get the full picture about Prefab types.'

Assets\Plugins\AmplifyColor\Plugins\Editor\AmplifyColorEffectEditorBase.cs(89,46): warning CS0618: 'PrefabType' is obsolete: 'PrefabType no longer tells everything about Prefab instance.'

Assets\Plugins\AmplifyColor\Plugins\Editor\AmplifyColorEffectEditorBase.cs(89,84): warning CS0618: 'PrefabType' is obsolete: 'PrefabType no longer tells everything about Prefab instance.'

I know, these warnings should not break functionality, but it's been almost a year since the plugin was updated and three weeks ago Amplify promised to fix the outdated API.

Thank you! I'm looking forward to the next update and a short response. :)