Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback [UPDATED] Advanced Survival Kit for Playmaker: FPS Game Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Meka_Games, Dec 3, 2020.

1. BioBurden

BioBurden

Any plans to add some descriptions within the FSMs and States? It would really help with understanding everything going on. Thanks in advance.

2. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

I tried to explain the things with FSM State names. I think there is no need to add a description. I'll take a look, though. Thanks.

3. BioBurden

BioBurden

Thanks, I appreciate it. I agree, the FSMs are pretty clear, but it is a little difficult to learn about the structure of the asset I think, mainly because there so much going on with no documentation really. While the tutorial videos are really good at showing how to do certain things, it doesn't really help with the overall understanding of the asset and all of its moving pieces, if that makes sense?

4. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

Yes, that's right. But sometimes things happen that I can't even explain. I can only say "Logic". :D

5. BioBurden

BioBurden

A high level overview of the various FSMs for both this asset and the FPS one would be fantastic though. Like "this is the inventory, it's constructed like so" and "here's the weapon FSM" just to make it a little easier to learn from really.

Meka_Games likes this.
  6. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

Anyone having a problem with the latest Playmaker version? Please don't forget to make bug reports. If there is no problem, I will work on new feature updates.

BioBurden likes this.
  7. lachean

lachean

Hi. I have severals problems with creatures spawn in my own terrain (in your demo all works fine). I think is better fix one by one. 1.One of them is that error "Failed to create agent because it is not close enough to the NavMesh". I click in error ingame and the object (zombie) is marked like the origin of error. I have created bake , terrain marked static and zombies spawn in terrain but they are statics until see me. Then all works fine: chase, combat, death, etc. I tried with agent radius, baking dozens of time, adjust the spawnig area but nothing, errors remain. Last version of playmaker. This error appears in zombis,and animals, one error by spawning object. Thanks..

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  8. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

Hello,
    Take care to keep the spawn points of the zombies just above the terrain. Like in the demo scene.
    Also, use the same parameters of the demo scene navigation settings for your scene.

9. lachean

lachean

Perfect. I adjusted the spawn trigger to the terrain and everything is fine in that regard. I have some errors in the log but they do not seem to interfere with the game. I have also created a new melee weapon and it has been easy to do. Regarding a separate tutorial, really following the FSM you can go through the systems, at least for now. Today I am going to try to introduce a new creature, to see what it is. So far I am very satisfied with your product. And thanks for your previous answer. David.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
    Meka_Games likes this.
  10. Joevonfo

Joevonfo

Hi there
    Really nice asset you've made!

I'd however like to second that it would be awesome with some sort of documentation.
    I bought this asset as is has many great features and I thought it would be a good way to get into playmaker.

In practice I have no clue what is going on though or how anything is working in the project :p
    Can't figure out basic stuff like how to use the FPS controller for another scene, how to change zombie stats, what the pool does and so on.
    This is not to say that this is on you dev; It's definitely a matter of me not understanding the layer playmaker puts upon the project yet, but I'm absolutely certain that a lot of buyers would love such instructions on how to utilize this asset :)

11. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

If there are any parts you want to learn or do not understand, you can ask me via e-mail.

Joevonfo likes this.
  12. yborodajev

yborodajev

I have a question. You have tutorial, but with example scene, what you thing about make tutorial with New scene. Like to show people how to start your own project. Mby change zombies to another Enemys. It will be good if you will make Discord Group. Mby i can do some videos, it will help me to learn to. Its really good asset. Just start learn PM.
    I'm really looking forward to the stat system. Gain experience for cutting trees. or for mining. And so is the character damage to the system. It would also be great.

13. yborodajev

yborodajev

Still don't know what to do. i set weapon camera to Overlay, but now i cant see hands or weapons

14. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

Hi,
    It is very simple.

1. Just drag and drop the FPSController and Level Manager Prefabs to the new scene. (Advanced Survival Kit > Assets > Prefabs > Player)
    2. Unpack the Level Manager prefab. (You need to do this, otherwise you can't edit the level manager.)
    3. Bake the NavMesh with these settings.
    5.png

Now you can modify the spawn points of the player, items, animals etc..

If you have the problem of flying zombies, here is the solution:

1. Issue.
    1.png

2. The Y value of the "Area" game object's too high. It should not be like this.
    2.png

3. It should look like this. It almost has to touch the ground. But keep some distance.
    3.png

4. Fix. 4.png

5. Zombies spawn inside the collider of the "Area" game object. Change it's scale for the spawn point distance. Do not change the Collider's size.

6. Also, before starting the game, "Area" game objects must be deactivated.

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    trustpivot and leightontutt like this.
  15. TechSinsN

TechSinsN

@Meka_Games Just a quick question will v2 of this be out by the end of the year? just wondering to whether i should wait or not.

leightontutt likes this.
  16. yborodajev

yborodajev

Can you explain this little bit more? thx just thing still work with URP or

leightontutt likes this.
  17. yborodajev

yborodajev

Thx you. Now its working. Best

Meka_Games likes this.
  18. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

All right! I have stopped all my other work and am preparing an update for this asset.
    See you again soon!

biogicfps, leightontutt and TechSinsN like this.
  19. TechSinsN

TechSinsN

Your the best thanks so much!!

20. finalbell

finalbell

That's awesome! Any idea when v2 will be out, approximately? And what will be new in V2? A save/load system would be great. Thanks

21. thgsousa

thgsousa

I'm planning to buy, will the project still get updates?

22. TechSinsN

TechSinsN

He is working on a update right now so yes it will still get updates

thgsousa likes this.
  23. thgsousa

thgsousa

could you explain to me how do i get the zombie to move? for example I copied one of the spawning areas, but when it is born it does not move

24. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

thgsousa likes this.
  25. BioBurden

BioBurden

Any plans to add an inventory kinda like PUBG with variable grid cell sizes, stacking etc.?

26. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

It was the first thing I tried to do but I noticed some problems. I postponed it for later updates.

27. yborodajev

yborodajev

Sorry, if its posable. Make Model with animations (walk,run). I have my animations, models, but i fill problem to manage it in your FSM, Dont know how to put in game my 3d Character model without head, and play animations. Mby some Basic.

And yes, will be good play with Inventory more. I know inventory not easy part of Game.

And with "Skill Tree System. The player will earn skill points by surviving and killing zombies and will be able to improve himself with these skill points." If you will do this in next version, will be amazing, see some easy set up any type of skills (levels) like in my game i want make exp from cut tree and get level to damage tree more. Ohh yes, Its there some (Damage and Defense)? or its just fix damage for each part? Like make More focus mby for Damage/Defense/And Stats. Dont do Pubg ^^ and mby change NPC what they are doing. like to spawn and just stay waiting you. mby walk around? just everything basic, with what we can work. mby im writing much because i just start play with Playmaker. and later will do everything by my self, but now, waiting more survival things, then PUbg fake hahah thank you. This asset really good

28. yborodajev

yborodajev

And i still cant fix it. Was in holidays, came back, and still make the camera to Overlay, and what after?

29. johny256

johny256

Next Update: Main Menu..Ingame Menu? Save?

30. yborodajev

yborodajev

How to change Hands? hit with hands, i try to do something, really scared to make it work bad

31. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

I'll add most of the things you said here. Don't Worry Be ̶H̶a̶p̶p̶y̶. - i mean Patient. :)

I Improved the Pause Menu for the new update. I'm still working for the save system.

Are you trying to change the unarmed hands model?

BTW. Here is a picture from the new update, BOSS Zombie.
    BOSS.png

New update is almost ready!

yborodajev, BioBurden and TechSinsN like this.
  32. yborodajev

yborodajev

Yes I swap hands (Mesh) But nothing happens tried in FSM to find where Mesh is bound and could not find anything.

33. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

1) Delete the "Arms" and "Mesh" game objects without deleting the Trigger Left and Trigger Right game objects.
    1.png

2) Put the new "Arms" model in the Unarmed game object. Put Trigger Right in right hand and Trigger Left in left hand. Just like the original.

3) Edit the animations. Delete the old key frames.
    2.png

4) You have to add Animation Event for the attack animations.

Right click here. Click "Add Animation Event"
    (Images were taken for another problem. But you can do this for unarmed too)
    1 (1).png

5) Then put this event at the beginning of the attack animation. Like in the picture.

2 (1).png

Select the SendEvent(String) function.

and type Enable Trigger to String value.

6) "Add Animation Event" again.
    Then put this event at the end of the attack movement. Like in the picture.
    and type Disable Trigger to String value this time.

4.png

34. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

BOSS Zombie
    -He's pretty strong.
    -He can throw rocks.
    -Rock can destroy anything. But it can be destroyed by you.
    -He is rarely spawned in town.
    -Drops RARE items on death.
    boss zombie 1.gif
    boss-zombie-2.gif

I uploaded the new update to Unity. I am waiting for it to be approved.

BioBurden likes this.
  35. BioBurden

BioBurden

That looks badass! Well done.

36. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

NEW UPDATE! Version 1.1.1:
    -Upgraded to Playmaker 1.9.1.p5
    -Added In-Game Input Manager
    -Added BOSS Zombie
    -Improved Pause Menu
    -Improved Peeking Animations
    -Fixed Deer AI
    -Fixed UI Issue for "Placed Crate" Prefab
    -Fixed Minor Bugs

You should always backup your project before even downloading a new version. It is your responsibility to backup your project before updates.

If you have an ongoing project, objects can be overwritten. BE CAREFUL! Make Backup!

johny256 likes this.
  37. yborodajev

yborodajev

In this update, nothing was change in Inventory?
    and what about URP? i still dont understood how to change it, because still have blue skreen. Working in normal for now.

I have question, i have issue, when i try hit Tree, 30% hits just going true, others just hit something, but not damaged tree. sometimes i need 15-20 hits. What it can be?

38. johny256

johny256

Gread update!!! Please next update add main menu and save a load game

Meka_Games likes this.
  39. Naudmov

Naudmov

This asset has save system?

40. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

Let me check this URP thing for you...
    This is a known minor bug but not so important. Try to move a little further and try to hit.

Coming soon!

41. Naudmov

Naudmov

How much time should I expect?

42. BioBurden

BioBurden

By the time you need it in your game, the asset will likely have it. If not, there's a great Asset on the Store that'll do exactly this.

Meka_Games likes this.
  43. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

I am thinking of reaching version 2.0 within 1 year. All these features will be added within a maximum of 1 year.

44. paulojsam

paulojsam

how to change the player and enemy running speed?

45. johny256

johny256

Main Menu and Save a load added within 1 year?? :O

46. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

For player,
    Edit the Walking FSM of the FPSController.
    Go to variables tab and change the speed value. (Def. 3.5)
    1.png

For zombie,
    Edit the AI System FSM of the Zombie.
    All settings are in the" Walker "and" Runner " States.
    Change all settings here..
    2.png

I said that for roadmap list, they will be added within a maximum of 1 year.

47. paulojsam

paulojsam

thank you very much! Do the AI wonder around using waypoints or they only react when the player reaches a certain distance?

48. BioBurden

BioBurden

Have you checked the asset?!

49. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

Hi,
    You need to do these for URP:

1) Open your Project in Unity, and go to Edit > Render Pipeline > Universal Render Pipeline. Select Upgrade Project Materials to URP Materials.
    1.png

2) Set the new terrain material. (Packages > Universal RP > Runtime > Materials > TerrainLit)
    2.png

3) Some objects may still be pink. Create and set a new URP material for them.
    3.png

4) Open the FPSController prefab. Select the WeaponCamera. Change Render Type to Overlay.
    4.png

5) Select MainCamera. Add the WeaponCamera to the stack of MainCamera.
    5.png

That's it. :) This method is for all my assets.

trustpivot and biogicfps like this.
  50. Meka_Games

Meka_Games

Hi,

Zombie AI detects the player in 4 different ways. these are:
    -When the player gets too close to the zombie.
    -When the zombie sees the player.
    -When the zombie hears a sound. (Depends on each weapon)
    -When the zombie takes damage.

Zombies wait where they are. However, I will add the roaming system for zombies in a future update.