Search Unity

Unity Update your privacy policy - Google removing games from store

Discussion in 'Unity Ads' started by mikaisomaa, Sep 21, 2018.

1. EpsilonSE

EpsilonSE

In case the problem comes up again, I created a different solution that involves more work, but doesn't need a privacy policy, here

2. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

It's absolutely ridiculous that you can't stop Unity from collecting stuff in a simpler way.

technicat likes this.
  3. EpsilonSE

EpsilonSE

There may be a simpler way, it might even be just the build settings, but this is a way that I know works and covers all possible different problems. It's redundant, but redundancy can be good sometimes.

4. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

No I get it, the insane part is that it's not the dafault for Unity to not track anything and to have it track stuff we should actively do things. The default is it tracks all kinds of stuff and trying to stop it is a guessing game.

jmcglone likes this.
  5. dayjur

dayjur

Isnt it just better to stick in a privacy policy then try to fight the system, it wont be long before they insist you have a privacy policy in every App you submit.

6. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

And write what in our privacy policy?

"we tried to turn all data collection off, but we're not sure if we succeeded" ?

7. Syndran

Syndran

What is amusing is that Unity staff are pointing to this thread as a "fix" instead of.. you know.. fixing the issue.

8. MisterSkitz

MisterSkitz

Which makes sense because Unity analytics isn't really needed because of Google analytics. However, this would be okay IF one was using Google ads and not Unity ads. Why do these two entities NOT have a better relationship? Unity is one of the top game engines producing games, but they have zero care to get on the same page and make things easier? Surely Unity management is wiser than this, no?
    So yeah, let's produce everything that's NON-COMPLIANT with Google Play, one of the top publishing sites in existence... Who cares if no one understands that publishes? Right?

Hey, Unity, here's a thought... Sync your analytics... I'm just assuming Google Play doesn't like Unity users getting paid from your ads because they can't sink their greedy f***ing teeth into it! The ads already pay S*** anyway so why not let them cornhole us?

Here's a better idea.. Develop a Unity cross platform environment where we can publish directly through Unity. F*******KKKKK Google Play!