Search Unity

[UPDATE] VR Shooter Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Unity3DNinja, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Unity3DNinja

Unity3DNinja

Yes sorry the outline shader works like crap in new Unity versions, you still have the UI highlight for replace the Outline, i will fix the Outline soon or just replace with other highlight system

BrettNexefy likes this.
  2. BrettNexefy

BrettNexefy

Hi @Unity3DNinja,

Just wondering if you have a list of upcoming features for the year?
    Or maybe a rough roadmap for next 3-6 months we can look forward to?

I see on here you've written a few scripts for various users.
    Is there a list or a place we can get these? like a git location? or something?

So far I've had a lot of fun with this VR Kit!
    I've already created custom weapons and have begun testing this with NormCore!

Thanks for the great work so far!

[EDIT 13/01/20: I see you have a Trello nice!]
    https://trello.com/b/X6oZ63vm/vr-shooter-kit

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  3. Unity3DNinja

Unity3DNinja

Hi how it is going?

Nice you found the Trello and about the custom scripts you can find those scripts here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1hfw1D-L4X0vEb0515ahbq1dSSi7OQrep

But i dont really provide any support to those "extra" scripts but sure you can test those if you want. ;)

4. TheMixon

TheMixon

Hi, does anyone use this asset with SteamVR (Index Controllers/Wands) exclusively in mind? Anything to watch out for?

5. athosrojas

athosrojas

someone try to adapt this to oculus go/gearvr? i have sucess to compile it to my gear vr but its have only one controler so i dont know how to put all functions on only one controler. any one already try that ? plz if the developer make a tut how to configure it to oculus go /gear vr i will be very greatfull

6. Unity3DNinja

Unity3DNinja

Hi!

And what do you think about using the teleport setup? and you have the distance grab to so it is easy to grab things far away, if you press you trigger you can see a line and if you point the line to any grabbable you can grab it.

And for the weapons you have the infinite bullets and the UI Reload so you don't need both hands.

Let me know if that is what you are looking for!

7. vrod2000

vrod2000

Hi,
    I am using a WMR setup and have a couple questions;

Can I use the thumbstick(s) to teleport (as opposed to the touchpad)?
    Is the pointer beam and destination reticle customizable?
    Do you have snap-turns implemented into your toolkit? (If so, can I use the thumbstick for this?)

Is your kit compatible with "Game Creator"?
    Is your kit compatible with VRTK?

thanks

8. FabDynamic

FabDynamic

Hey vrod2000! I wanted to chime in and say that I'm 90% sure I got thumbstick teleport and snap turns working with WMR by configuring them in the SteamVR Input Manager with a custom configuration. Does that make sense?

9. vrod2000

vrod2000

I tried that and could not get the thumbsticks to work. It must be how I have everything setup. I can only get them to work using SteamVR 2.0+, but that does not work with VRTK. :( It would almost be worth it, but in VRTK, I can rotate the destination reticle around when teleporting. It seems like always a tradeoff. I can get something to work in this toolkit, but not this one, or this one does not play with that one... I am sure with more experience, I will figure it all out.

10. yendou

yendou

Hello
    Im very happy with your kit, but need an advice.
    I want to add OVR avatar and keep climbing and other functionalities you have on the custom hands.
    I dont know how it could be set up when the OVR avatar hands are created at runtime,do You think its possible somehow?
    I thought attaching your scripts at runtime to the OVR hands,but there has to be better way.Maybe just getting rid of the models but keeping the objects?How would anyone approach this?

Keep it up
    Jan

11. combatsheep

combatsheep

Hi.
    Are there any tutorials for Oculus Quest setting up?

Env:
    Unity2019.4.9LTS
    macOS mojave 10.14.6

Thanks.

12. Bolax

Bolax

Actually there are a few courses out there, especially for Quest I'm finishing this one right now:
    https://www.udemy.com/course/multip...ity/learn/lecture/21025200#questions/13136810

It's a variant of Rec Room, however, you do build a working Nerf Gun and it's pretty easy to see how you could expand the logic to make a shooter or whatever.

Also there are plenty of coupons out there to make this course cost $10-12 so it's worth it.

13. cangcloud2015

cangcloud2015

I hope to integrate RV honor AI. This AI plug-in is better than emerald AI.
    RV Honor Ai | AI | Unity Asset Store https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/ai/rv-honor-ai-188764

14. toddkc

toddkc

Hey James! So....I noticed that your email and your discord user have been deleted. I'd like to request that if you stop development on VRSK you consider putting it up on github and making it open-source. We'd love to continue working on it and making it even better. Hope all is well with you dude!