Search Unity

[UPDATE V1.1] Duplicate Special Tool - A Special Tool for Duplicating GameObjects!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Diamonick, Apr 19, 2023.

1. Diamonick

Diamonick

✨Get the Duplicate Special Tool at 50% OFF!✨

After several duplications later, a tasty asset has been prepared for the world to try out! :p

Duplicate Special Tool - a special tool of duplicating GameObjects!

The standard Duplicate option is great, but imagine [Ctrl+D]'ing a GameObject 100 times, or even 1000 times? This special tool is cooked to handle duplicating mass groups of GameObjects and providing appetizing features the standard Duplicate cannot. The Duplicate Special tool is not meant to replace the standard Duplicate, but to serve as a nice complement to it.

Documentation | Email

↓ Check out our Special Menu to see what this special has to offer ↓

----------------------------------------✨ Special Menu ✨-----------------------------------------

Appetizing Features

• Number of Duplicates: Set what GameObject you wish to duplicate, and duplicate up to 1000 GameObjects.
    • Naming Conventions: Customize how you rename or enumerate duplicated GameObjects.
    • Group Under: Easily group hundreds of duplicate GameObjects under any GameObject in a scene.
    • Transform: Arrange duplicate(s) in various shapes & forms such as lines, grids, circles, spirals, etc.
    • [✨SPECIAL✨] Override Previous Duplicate(s): Quickly erase the previous set of duplicates and make minor adjustments to values within seconds without the tedium of undoing [Ctrl+Z] and duplicating again with different values.
    • [✨SPECIAL✨] Unpack Prefab(s): Choose whether to unpack prefab instances of the selected prefab or keep them as prefabs. The choice is yours!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you enjoy this asset or have any helpful feedback, give your compliments to the chef and please like, comment, and rate this asset. Happy cooking! :D

This tasty asset is still hot from the oven, so get it while it's hot now on 50% Release Discount!
    The 50% release discount will expire in 1 week!

Attached Files:

2. Diamonick

Diamonick

✨Duplicate Special Tool at 50% OFF - LAST DAY!✨

That's right! Today's the last day to get the delicious Duplicate Special Tool at 50% off.

For anyone who bought, downloaded, or wish-listed the Duplicate Special Tool, I personally want to say thank you for supporting me! I plan to make more unique assets in the future!

Expect a small update to be released at the beginning of May. Stay perky! :D

3. Diamonick

Diamonick

Duplicate Special Tool Update (V1.1)
    Duplicate Special Tool Banner.png
    Hi everyone! I'm here to notify you all that a new, small update (V1.1) to the menu has been released for the Duplicate Special Tool. This minor update (V1.1) includes the following changes:
    • Added a Release Notes section to the documentation.
    • Updated the Duplicate Special Tool Documentation.
    • Changed the contact email to choochoodiamond@gmail.com. For future customer support/requests, please ignore the old email and contact me via the new email above.
    • Removed opening the editor window via Edit → Duplicate Special to avoid potential hotkey conflicts. Due to this change, there are now only two (2) methods to open the Duplicate Special Tool editor window.
    • The Duplicate Special context menu item now displays the hotkey Ctrl+Alt+D (Windows) or Cmd+Alt+D (MacOSX) in the GameObject context menu.
    • When undocked, the editor window can now be resized horizontally.
    • Clicking the ✓ Duplicate button now displays a quick notification message.
      • The notification message reads “Duplication Successful ✓ (Duplicate Count) instance(s) of (Selected GameObject) duplicated!”
    • Added a new feature called Mark as Static under Number of Duplicates.

You can also check out what's included in the Duplicate Special Tool V1.1 under Releases on the Unity Asset Store.
    If you have any questions, requests, or feedback on using the tool, it's never too late to contact me at choochoodiamond@gmail.com. Thank you for your support!