Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Update the data sent via custom event post-send

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by JoWi_Uniform, May 20, 2020.

1. JoWi_Uniform

JoWi_Uniform

Hi All,

I feel like I already know the answer to this but I thought it would be worth checking.

Intro:
    I want to track how many interactions each specific user has made in a session
    But With the way our app is setup, there is no way currently to detect an end of session (for various reasons).

My question:
    Is there a way to have a custom event through analytics that can be updated after being sent?
    eg. Every time they interact I tell the analytics system to +1 to that sent event.

My assumption is that we'll just need to figure out a way to detect end of session and send an event with a data value that has been incremented upon when that is triggered.

But if anyone has any suggestions or if the system can indeed do this it would be great to know!
    Cheers,
    Joe.

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

No there isn't a way to update an event as you suggest. And you would not be able to view events from a single user either, we only show aggregated (summary) data on the Dashboard. If you are just getting started on a new project, you should take a look here https://unity.com/products/deltadna

3. JoeTheWiltshire

JoeTheWiltshire

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, I thought that might be the case.
    Regarding identifying user sessions separately I should have mentioned we are handling that separately through other mechanics of the app.

I've seen the blog post for deltaDNA but haven't had a chance to look into it yet, I'll have a look now!

Thanks,
    Joe.

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Sounds good. But your Custom Event data won't be available per user, even with unique session information attached to it.