Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

update Standart to Pro

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by VeganApps, Jul 8, 2006.

1. VeganApps

VeganApps

Hi,

I would like to know how much the price for an update from Standart 1.5 to Pro version 1.5 is.
    I am sure that I will buy the Pro version if the Standart version is nice... -but don't have the money for Pro atm.

How can I get one of these Rebate Coupon btw?

2. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

An upgrade from Indie to Pro is the difference between the two license prices plus $50. So $1300 for the upgrade now. I just noticed the new pricing and I think it's great that OTEE kept the Indie at $249, very nice. And $1499 is a good compromise for the Pro license.

3. guategeek_legacy

guategeek_legacy

I also just checked the pricing the other day and was pleased with the final choice you guys made. Now to see how version upgrades end up :p

4. Morgan

Morgan

I do think OTEE could sell some more copies of Pro if people knew about the $50 fee beforehand: in my case I thought Indie was a no-brainer since I could always upgrade. Had I known it would cost an extra $50 if I upgraded (which is likely soon), I might well have gone for Pro to begin with.

That means a certain number of people would buy Pro who didn't strictly need it, to avoid the $50 fee--so may as well tell people about it up front. Plus then it doesn't come as a surprise later (since many companies offer upgrades for only the difference).

Just a thouhht. $50 isn't a ton in the face of $1500, but it makes some difference in the buyer's thinking.

5. taumel

taumel

Honestly i think there should be no difference. But apart from this i agree that it should be standing somewhere just in case someone isn't sure about what to do.

Regards,

taumel