Search Unity

Update Rendering Bounds Performance spike

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Concato, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Concato

Concato

Hi everyone,
    As title says i have a performance problem generated by "UpdateRenderBoundingVolumes", i tried searching on web for a solution or at least finding the source generating this problem, but i really coulnd't find anything, it's just out of my knowledge.

i'm developing a turn based game, and i have these spikes randomly even if there are no actions between players (all characters in idle waiting for inputs)

it's really frustrating because i can clearly see the huge frame drop , even if its for 0.01 seconds.

here are some screens about the profiler, if anyone knows or has some ways to find the origin of those spikes i'll buy you a beer and cheer together! :,)

RenderBoundingVolumes.jpg RenderBoundingVolumesHierarchy.jpg

2. fullbright_aaron

fullbright_aaron

I am also trying to figure out where this spike is coming from. I have noticed it in my projects as well.

3. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Is this if you play the game inside the editor or a build running on whatever the target hardware is? If you profiled the editor, do you experience the same issue in a build?

I'm asking because:

4. Concato

Concato

I have yet to make a test build and profile from there but i can tell you few things:
    - last version build i made the spike problem was still there.
    - appear totally random
    - there's only in that scene , even if i disable everything i keep getting those spikes

5. Concato

Concato

I've tested it many and many times and i can say now that in build it does not drop any frame, probably it's a tester feature check

Peter77 likes this.
  6. Lynxed

Lynxed

I am having the same issue.
    upload_2019-11-12_14-30-51.png

7. Lynxed

Lynxed

In version 2019.3.14f1 we have it waiting:
    this is profiling a build
    upload_2020-5-20_12-14-19.png

8. LaireonGames

LaireonGames

Same for me. Are you guys using jobs in your projects? I'm using them in this project, its seems my spike is around waiting for the job rather than actually updating the bounding volumes (Seems to be the case for you as well @Lynxed )

Screenshot_1.png