Search Unity

Update Rendering Bounds Performance spike

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Concato, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Concato

Concato

Hi everyone,
    As title says i have a performance problem generated by "UpdateRenderBoundingVolumes", i tried searching on web for a solution or at least finding the source generating this problem, but i really coulnd't find anything, it's just out of my knowledge.

i'm developing a turn based game, and i have these spikes randomly even if there are no actions between players (all characters in idle waiting for inputs)

it's really frustrating because i can clearly see the huge frame drop , even if its for 0.01 seconds.

here are some screens about the profiler, if anyone knows or has some ways to find the origin of those spikes i'll buy you a beer and cheer together! :,)

RenderBoundingVolumes.jpg RenderBoundingVolumesHierarchy.jpg

2. fullbright_aaron

fullbright_aaron

I am also trying to figure out where this spike is coming from. I have noticed it in my projects as well.

3. Peter77

Peter77

Is this if you play the game inside the editor or a build running on whatever the target hardware is? If you profiled the editor, do you experience the same issue in a build?

I'm asking because:

4. Concato

Concato

I have yet to make a test build and profile from there but i can tell you few things:
    - last version build i made the spike problem was still there.
    - appear totally random
    - there's only in that scene , even if i disable everything i keep getting those spikes

5. Concato

Concato

I've tested it many and many times and i can say now that in build it does not drop any frame, probably it's a tester feature check

Peter77 likes this.