Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Update option

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by edufissure, Jan 25, 2019.

1. edufissure

edufissure

Hi, i want to request the update function in unity hub.

If i have in my computer 2018.3.2f and 218.3.3f is out, its annoying to select components, download them, install the newer version and then uninstall the old version.

This could b e done automatically: hub knows i have windows, facebook and linux components, and then installs the new version and then uninstalls the old version. Perhaps would be nice some option like back to older version, in case some things didnt work as it expected or bugs in newer version

This is specially annoying if you have, like in my case, an lts version installed, 2017.4.18f and a newer one: 2018.3...m so i have to update with some frequency...

Thanks

yian-dev likes this.
  2. yian-dev

yian-dev

I came here to say the exact same thing.
    Version 2018.3.3f is bugfix revision to 2018.3 it should update my existing 2018.3.2f in place, why do i have to download and install 2 versions 2018.3.3 and 2018.3.2 it makes no sense. Only major versions should install separately, bugfix revision need to be automatically inplace upgrade and just components that were changed not redownload the entire engine components.