Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

"Update now!" bug

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Wasplay, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Wasplay

Wasplay

I opened Unity a few hours ago, and for some reasons it asks me to update my project :
    upload_2020-4-11_18-13-44.png

Every files of my project now have a blue "+" icon next to them.
    I'm alone working on this project and I only use one computer.
    Is the collab-related stuff of my project corrupted ?

What will happen if I press the "Update now!" button ?
    Will it cancel all the stuff I made between the last revision (19 hours ago) and now ?

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Wasplay, Collab's local snapshot file has gone out of sync with your remote project. This can be fixed by closing your project, going into your project's Library/Collab folder, deleting the CollabSnapshot file, then reopening your project and waiting for Collab to resync your changes. Collab should be in the correct state again.

3. Kingmoge

Kingmoge

Hi -

I'm having the same issue. Possible cause - I restarted my computer last night and Windows ran an update (even though I told it not to, grrrr...).

Tried the above fix and it still did not sync up. Every item has the blue +, and in the Collab history it thinks every commit ever made has not happened locally.

Any other possible fixes? Should I delete the whole Collab folder?

4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Kingmoge, I'm sorry you're dealing with this issue too. Yes, try closing your project, deleting your entire Collab folder, and reopening it to force the resync of Collab with your remote changes. Make sure to backup any local, uncommitted changes you have in your project before doing this.

5. Kingmoge

Kingmoge

Deleting the folder and opening the project did not work either. Because I have local changes that have not been committed (and can't be unless I first sync up with the last committed version, which will I assume erase my local updates), I believe we're going to go with unlinking the project, starting a new Collab project, and starting that new one fresh with what I have built locally. (Glad I'm not working with a large team!)

6. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

If you are just Updating to grab the latest changes from your repo then it should not delete any of your local, unpublished changes. That should only happen if you use the Restore option from the Collab History window to reset and sync your project to the latest commit.