Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Update loading to -2147483648% then failing, "Cannot download entry"

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by cobygesten, Apr 26, 2017.

1. cobygesten

cobygesten

Hello All,

I am working on making game with four other classmates and I have been having trouble pulling from Unity Collab today. As these screenshots show, when I press "Update Now!" it displays the normal loading screen starting at 0%, then goes to -2147483648% and crashes, only giving me the feedback that it "Cannot download entry."

Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 6.53.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 7.04.14 PM.png
    How do I go about troubleshooting / solving this issue? We are two weeks out from our deadline so I really can't afford these types of setbacks.
    Thank you so much for your help!

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @cobygesten! I'm sorry that you're encountering this issue. I know it can be a pain for larger projects but could you try re-downloading your project from the cloud into a new directory and see if that unblocks you?

3. cobygesten

cobygesten

That did the trick! Thank you so much

Ryan-Unity likes this.
  4. BDNy

BDNy

Hello!

So, I'm sorry to reawake this old thread but I'm having the exakt same issue as cobygesten and this is for the second time since starting this project about 4 months ago. The last time I solved the issue by downloading a new copy from Collaborate and it worked fine and I have no doubts that it will work fine again however now that we have actually signed up and will be paying for the service (still in our free month of "trial" but it will switch over in a week or so) it doesn't feel to good if this problem will come once every three month or so.

Can you please help me understand why this happens and how I can avoid it (if at all possible) or if its a bug and you are working on a fix.

Thank you in advance for the answer and also for a very good service in every other way. :)

5. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @BDNy! I understand how frustrating it can be to download your whole project after running into this error and we do plan to look into this issue. If you do run into it again then you could try deleting your snapshot file, located in your Library/Collab folder, to see if that fixes your error without having to re-download everything. It's also possible to run into this error if you unarchived your project but then tried to pull an update before receiving an email confirming that your project had finished unarchiving.

This error is a catch-all error message for any reason that can prevent Collab from downloading a pending commit. We do understand that this can make diagnosing the exact cause of the error difficult and it's on our agenda to improve our error messaging.

We appreciate it very much that you're enjoying the service and we plan to continue improving it.

6. BDNy

BDNy

Hello! A big thank you for the answer and perhaps also for a solution. :) I will try your suggestion the next time it happens and see if that works.

I hope you have a good weekend.

Ryan-Unity likes this.