Search Unity

Question UPDATE: Held Needed: Fix Floating Death Animation Blender -> Unity

Discussion in 'Animation' started by ben_mori, Dec 15, 2022.

1. ben_mori

ben_mori

UPDATE:
    I fixed this issue by reimporting the fbx and generating the rig as 'Generic' INSTEAD of 'Humanoid'.

Does anyone know why it was the Humanoid rig that was causing this issue?? Unity correctly generated my Humanoid avatar, but animations only play correctly with the 'Generic' option.

----------
    Hello,

I am having a very frustrating issue where my animation imported from Blender to Unity is not playing correctly. My 'death animation' is playing at waist-height causing the character to float instead of falling to the ground.

I have seen many posts about this topic. However, none of the suggested fixes have worked for me so far:
    • It does NOT make a difference when I Bake Root Transform into the animation or not.
    • It does NOT make a difference when I set Root Transform 'Based Upon' to 'Feet'.
    • I applied all transforms in Blender before importing to Unity

I believe this issue MUST be related to root motion, as there is nothing else that can be effecting this character's position.

Do you have any idea what could be causing this problem?? How can I fix this and prevent this issue from happening again? Please let me know whatever else information I should provide.

Separate question:
    I am having so many issues with importing animations from Blender to Unity. Is there a comprehensive source for correctly rigging, animating, and exporting characters from Blender to Unity??

Last edited: Dec 15, 2022
  2. AllGravityIs

AllGravityIs

im having the same problem! someone help uss!!!!

3. AllGravityIs

AllGravityIs

yoooo i think i just figured it out!!!

so in blender i was looking and found something off in one of my animations. ima try to post a vid to show you what i found.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2023